Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Working For the Devil - no spoilers

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Did people want to do a mini group read on the Dante Valentine series.. starting with Working for the Devil

or did people want to do one on Cry Wolf? Or both? lol.. lemme know! :)

message 2: by ♥Tricia♥ (last edited Jan 14, 2009 05:52PM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 132 comments Up to you! I will pick it up if we do.

I have cry wolf ordered so it will be getting here next week sometime.

Dont have the other one so will have to pick it up

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) well since i haven't read the dante series i vote that one

message 4: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments well the Dante series has 5 books, so we could carry on the mini read for 5 months if we wanted to. Meanwhile Hunting ground (sequel to Cry Wolf) doesn't come out until July I think.

So maybe we could wait for Hunting Ground to come out, and then start Cry Wolf.

message 5: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 132 comments Whats the book for Feb for this group? I thinkI am getting groups mixed up /hides

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) witchling

message 7: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 132 comments Woo yay :D

message 8: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 187 comments There seem to be a bunch of BOM groups that I'm having a hard time keeping up...LOL

Tricia's group - Dark Lover
Stephanie's group - Halfway to the Grave
Jess's group - Witchling
Jess's Group mini-read -Dante Valentine

I think I got my list in order..LOL..Now, I just need to get my hands on the books...

message 9: by ♥Tricia♥ (last edited Jan 14, 2009 08:17PM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 132 comments I know its weird! I started mine because I couldnt find any BOM type groups! And now look! :) /squeel

Dark Lover and Halfway to the Grave are on its way , I have witchling and will need to find a copy of Dante Valentine. Wonder if Dante Valentine is a normal stock for my local Borders store /hmmm

message 10: by Jess (last edited Jan 15, 2009 06:39AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Lol YZ - plus all your challenges!!! I have so many books laying around and coming in from the library, I'm confused too!!

But just to let people know, you don't have to read the mini group book if you don't want to. I would definitely love to have a lot of people, but do what you can. :)

Tricia - I bought the first copy at B&N. But the name of the series is Dante Valentine, the first book is called Working for the Devil. Sorry if I confused anyone!!!

message 11: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 187 comments I know what you mean,Jess..LOL..

Well, the BOM reads I listed are the ones I want to participate. I just returned Moon Called to the library so I'm done with that, but I will be visiting the thread when the discussions start.

I've already requested Witchling and the 1st Dante Valentine from the library, and if they get to me before Feb, that will be great. If not, I will get them at the bookstore instead. I have my own copy of Dark Lover, and I'm going to buy the Nighthuntress books.

message 12: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments lol, I'm so excited for all these different challenges and book reads. No one has ever liked the types of books I do, so this is so awesome that people are acutally interested in what I am.

I love how enthusiastic everyone is, and how everyone wants to read more. :)

message 13: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 132 comments Oh thanks Jess :D I am going to pick that one up too :)

I am happy to have several groups to occupy my time with, I am not sure I can fully keep up with Yz's group but I am going to try! lol

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Not to mention that the UF group is in the process of picking theirs...

I would really love to read Cry Wolf with everyone, but I think I want to read the Mercy Thompson books first and I haven't gotten to those yet.

message 15: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 187 comments Tricia,

LOL...take it easy..you are not required to do all the challenges...LOL...just have fun.

I was just visiting another site, and there was a discussion lamenting the death of the bookworms..and I was thinking...not with the group of people I know..Bookworms are alive and well here in goodreads..LOL

message 16: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 132 comments Death of book worms! /gasp

We must recruit more bookworms to take their place!

message 17: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 187 comments Raise the banner high, and proudly proclaim: I'm a Bookworm!

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Just wanted to say I have this and sugg. it for FEB. I am glad to join in with the mini read.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I think doing a mini is fine. Also guys we can do more than 1 mini read. I am sure lots of us are starting a couple new series. Just keep in mind we will be voting on our BOM group reads first.

message 20: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I can't wait to start the discussion!!!

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) I'm sure we could do a bunch of mini reads, but let's save something for future months.:) I think 2 is great for now.

My library system seems to be having a weird little glitch - they say this book's available so I requested it, but they're not putting it on hold for me. It still just says I'm first in line to get one when it becomes available. It's doing this with about 4 different books I requested... grr.

message 22: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Maybe you should call the library Nichole, it could just be a problem with their system

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) It probably is. I'm going to give it another day or so, because I'm not needing any of those books urgently or anything, and if it still says that I'll go talk to them. I have some books to return anyway.

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Would you all like to do the weekly chap.'s. I could start the threads. Or someone could start them. I think that idea seems to work best with all of us reading at the same pace.

message 25: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 6 comments I've read this whole series...it's spectacular and very different than the norm, but very good no less. Dante is a fabulous character and I ate up these books in no time last year. :-)

message 26: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 132 comments I look forward to weekly chapters since I will be reading so many at a time this month hehe

I picked up this book and it sounds interesting

message 27: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 6 comments I've also got the other two in her Jill Kismet series but haven't read them yet. She's a great writer...looking forward to more from her!

message 28: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Her Jill Kismet series is fantastic! I think she has a new one coming out soon.. I hope so at least!

If people would like to also follow chapter by chapter I can set it up

message 29: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I just have to say that I loved this book. I found the word that Saintcrow created to be so interesting and the way she wrote it made for a quick read.

I also love the relationship between Dante and Jaf

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) I just started this book last night, and I didn't get very far 'cause I had to go to sleep (ahhh, sleep...)
But I like it a lot already. It sucked me in immediately. I'm probably going to leave work early today, so I'll curl up when I get home and see how much I can knock out!