Go Green 2009 discussion

Green Is The New Black

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ (last edited Jan 14, 2009 05:31PM) (new)

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ  | 24 comments Hey Earth Savers,
I know, you know that our planet is in major need of help and everyone says we should so something to help it, but we never do!!! So lets get aw-ff our lazzzy butts and save this planet!

message 2: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) heck yes

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ  | 24 comments Oh Yeah!

message 4: by sierra (new)

sierra | 1 comments MOST DEFINILY

message 5: by Changhun (new)

Changhun lee (RKRSA-Bullseye) | 1 comments im not sure if this will help, but please go to go-green-go.synthasite,com and tell your friends about it and tell them that this can help them learn about global warming and stuff like that... If I have some information that's wrong, then can you tell via email, queenmaniac11@gmail.com and label it under the name go green go
Im serious guys, if that website cn do anything at all, it'll help us...
are you with me?

i am a new member, but i am a devoted one...

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (spacealien) me to

message 8: by Lynny (new)

Lynny (Lynnyo4) | 17 comments Mod
LEt's do it!

message 9: by ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ (last edited Jan 23, 2009 04:50PM) (new)

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ  | 24 comments So whats the best way to help the planet? Truth is that its the little ways that can help the planet and its creatures. For instance, you can change your make up to CRUELTY FREE PRODUCTS! Did you know that some companies use animals as test subjects for eyeliner testers. You can be wearing a lipgloss that a poor rabbit had to test, while being in a cage.
You can also go to your neighborhood recycle bin and through away your used paper and boxes. Have you ever thought about the paper your school uses and how it is just thrown into a trash can? Hmmm...thats a lot of paper isn't it.
Now, the most common way to help our planet, throw your trash into the trash can! Simple, easy, and naw-t that hard to do at all! But all of us still do something little like accedently dropping a piece of paper and naw-t picking it up again to make us litters. Remeber, little things build up!
I can't monitor myself every sec. but I still try to do the best I can.

message 10: by Lynny (new)

Lynny (Lynnyo4) | 17 comments Mod
Right on Isibella. That's why I enforced recycling in my school. Unfortunatly it is the smallest school in our county, but i am about to attend the biggest one and I will try to get it going there too! :D

message 11: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) my school is HUGE w/ paper recycling...we have at least one paper recycling bin in every room. the best part is people actually put their paper in the paper recycle and not in the trash

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, my school has like rainforest day.
On this day you where the rainforest shirts you had to buy from this company that donates it's money to saving the rainforest. You have to buy a shirt or you can't wear jeans that day and you have to wear your full uniform. Then there are tons of recycle bins throughout the school in like each classroom some have 2 or more! Then when your in fifth grade you watch THE RECYCLE REDUSE REUSE video...I mean it's clever the video, but annoying when you get it stuck in your head...

message 13: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) awesome!!

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ  | 24 comments Yeah! I wish my schools did that. In my elementry school I requested it but my principle always had the same excuse "Not yet. I can't find one I like." What does she mean "I like"? You just pick a bin and use it!
Fortunetly, my school now has at least a bottle recycle bin.

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

My principal is racious

message 16: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) seriously?

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

well...it's a very supported theory...she's a over-sized bowling ball that gets mad at Asians and Asian cultures (idk what else), and never gets mad at the people who everyone knows, who have bratty kids, or supports the school 24/7

BTW-My bff is Asian we have observed

message 18: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) wow

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah I know, our school I is very "special"

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ  | 24 comments "Special?"
What's your New Year's Resolution?

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Idk and yeah my school is very odd and different...it's catholic but crazy

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ  | 24 comments k! I jus tfound out how to do ♪♫♥!!! YAY!!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

You did?! Yay!

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ  | 24 comments YAY!! IK!! I ♥ ♫♪♫♥

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 26, 2009 03:35PM) (new)

:)

()_()
(^o^)
(")(")

message 26: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) how do u do it? pleez share ur newly-found knowledge!

message 27: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) hi hannah welcome to the group! well, at least ur making an effort to help! thats more than what most people do...
some suggestions of other things u can do is:
~take shorter showers (to save water)
~while your brushing your teeth or washing ur face, turn off the water (also to save water)
~paper recycle
~most grocery stores have a plastic bag recycle where u can (if u use plastic bags) drop them off there and they will be reused
~unplug as many plugs as u can while your not using whatever the plugs r attached to...even though the device is off theres still an electricity flow through the plug

hope this helps! :)

message 28: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) ur welcome!! :)

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

Lexi wrote: "how do u do it? pleez share ur newly-found knowledge!"

Hold down the alt key and press the numbers to the far right of the keyboard, once or more then once to get them...see...

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

☺♂o•╟☻▬«╬♫Ä♥♣§Ü♠◙¬♣│π♦☼τ⌂◘╕x

message 31: by erinbobarin94 (new)

erinbobarin94 im going green by putting fluorescent light bulbs in my bedroom and recycling A LOT! were learning n science about sustainability, its our course 4 the entire year. our teacher is awesome and smart, and she told us about the difference between corn-fed and grass-fed cows and how the arctic permafrost is melting and everything! i cant believe how some people r still denying that global warming is happening and needs 2 b stopped!

message 32: by erinbobarin94 (new)

erinbobarin94 also, my dad bought the reusable grocery bags. no more plastic!!!

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ  | 24 comments Hannah wrote: "Hi um..... Im new and I agree we realy need to help the earth.But all I do is recycle and turn a light off when I leav a room :[ Im not that helpfull :["

U r! As I said before, little things make a big impact!!

message 34: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) erin which science teacher do u have? i have miss powers and shes really into going green and saving the planet

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ  | 24 comments GREAT HANNAH!! THAT IS SO PERFECT. MAKE SURE THE STAPLES ARE ON TIGHT SO THAT THE PAPERS WON'T FLY EVERYWHERE. LOL!! AND THANKS FOR HELPING THE EARTH! IK, CHEESEY BUT YEAH!

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah totally, you go girl!

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

May i also add the flyers really might fly everywhere lol

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ  | 24 comments Of course its okay!☺

message 39: by Lexi (last edited Jan 29, 2009 06:53PM) (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) i think the fliers idea is awesome!! i think my friends and i can put up some around the middle school!

ⓘsⓐbεℓℓⓐ  | 24 comments This is so great! U guys are all so ahw-some!

message 41: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 29, 2009 08:23PM) (new)

totally! my principal as i said is horrible, so...yeah...

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

hee hee

message 46: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) lol

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

*grinning big*

message 49: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) :D

message 50: by Lexi (new)

Lexi (theonecalledwhatsername) hi dylan!!! *waves* :)

« previous 1