Debate discussion

Non-debating discussions (SA) > GIRLS...WHAT DO YOU LOOK FOR IN A GUY

Comments Showing 1-50 of 568 (568 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 14, 2009 04:54PM) (new)

tell me what you look for in a guy. what you think he should be and what you think all girls look for in a guy...or tell what a guy has to do to impress you.

i think that what all girls look for (or at least the shallow) ones look for is how cute a guy is.
they also look for a sense of humor

i like a guy who is funny but can be serious, who is serious about school and isn't a loser, and i want a who loves animals and music. i like a guy who can is into sports. i also like when a guy isn't afraid to show his sensitive side...not a wussy guy who crys all the time but who isn't a jerk. i also like it when a guy isn't always making rude perverted comments...about girls or at all

to impress me a guy must be himself and be smart and funny but humble. humility is a big part of how a girl feels about a guy. they shouldn't be to self absorbed.and they have to have manners and be able to protect me. he has to be chivalrous.

thats all for now write and tell me what you think

and yes guys you can read this and this is really for your benefit anyway.

message 2: by Emma the Dork (new)

Emma the Dork (cheesehead) i like guys that are smart, dont try to impress me, are cute but not hot, and arent obnoxious or perverted. not like any of you care since i am ten but u asked.

message 3: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Well...he has to be nice. That's my number 1 priority. Not just to me, but to everybody. (except people I hate.) He has to do okay in school. I don't care if he's sporty or whatever, I'd want him to be healthy though. He has to be somewhat cute, and really funny. Sometimes I'm too serious and I need someone to step in and make me laugh.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I like guys who are nice, kind, compassionate, yeah...has to make me laugh, of COURSE, his hobbies may or may not be similar to mine. i hope he's not fat...
and don't have to be super-hot, but as long as they have other good qualities i don't care.
i don't care if he's tall or not, but the guy i like is five-ten....

message 5: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments The guy I like is about four feet taller than me. We're the same age though.

message 6: by Emma the Dork (new)

Emma the Dork (cheesehead) omg seriously? thats hilarious

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

wow.....how tall are you?

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah i want a guy that is taller than me but that is really hard to find in my ENTIRE SCHOOL there is only like 1 dude that is taller than me and i don't like him.

i don't know maybe 4 or 5 feet taller tan me would be good. he would be like 6 foot though cuz im like 5'8

message 9: by Emma the Dork (new)

Emma the Dork (cheesehead) 4 r 5 FEET taller then you????????????????? you are SHORT either that or u like a guy who is nine feet tall.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

what that made no sense to me...then again i did take sleep medicine.

message 11: by Emma the Dork (new)

Emma the Dork (cheesehead) lol

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

lol

message 13: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments So my ideal guy is....

My height or taller.

Suuuuuper funny.

Green eyes. OMFG i love green eyes. Alex AND Liam have green eyes.

Hes gotta be nice. The only exception where a guy can be mean is if that guy is the Australian transfer studen named Marley with an ACCENT WHO IS SUPER HOT. He dosent have to be nice. He SOOO HOT. Lol

Basically he just has to be hot and funny.

lol i have low standards.

But Alex is hot.

And Liam is okay.

They both love me.

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

okay thn thats nice for you.

message 15: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments xD

Dashiell loves me too.

he just dosent know it yet. lol

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

yah thats how it is with ryan we're soulmates... he just has no clue yet...

message 17: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments Im deleting that because its just going to start problems Emma.

message 18: by Emma (new)

Emma | 387 comments The guy I like has to be at least an inch taller than me (which isn't too hard, I'm like 5'1).
They also DO have to have a sense of humor, or else I'd be bored to tears!
Yes, I'd like someone who is cute, but I'm not meaning to be mean or anything.
Sporty--I'm usually into the sporty type, but not a big deal.
OH, and a big one for me is a guy that I can talk to. If there's this huge empty conversation I won't be going on a second date.
Yeah, probably others for me, but just the works.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

what are you deleting

message 20: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments Emma said something that didnt need to be there.

message 21: by Emma (new)

Emma | 387 comments The other Emma, right?

message 22: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments lol yeah

message 23: by Emma (new)

Emma | 387 comments KK, good.

message 24: by Emma the Dork (new)

Emma the Dork (cheesehead) wait what did i say?

message 25: by Eric▲ (new)

Eric▲ | 716 comments wow...
that explains...a lot...
1. i hate sports
2. my humor is sometimes hard to understand
3. last time i tryied to look in the mirror, the power went out
4. there is NOTHING interesting about me worth talking about
5. none of the dandruf shampoos i have tried work

and i am a geek cause i look forward to math class and spend saturdays and school breaks playing video games.

oh well, i can't change who i am ...

message 26: by Eric▲ (new)

Eric▲ | 716 comments brb gonna help my sister beat a part of her game

message 27: by Eric▲ (new)

Eric▲ | 716 comments brb gonna help my sister beat a part of her game

message 28: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments Okaydokey

message 29: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments There's nuttin rong wit dat Eric. nun of the grls on here r ur sole mates, dat's all.

message 30: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Do u like my way of talking?!

message 31: by Emma (new)

Emma | 387 comments Oh well, no one's perfect.

message 32: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Except me. *trips while sitting down* HOW DID I DO THAT?!

message 33: by Emma (new)

Emma | 387 comments LOL.
Rily, letz start tipin lik laZ ppl

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

okay then

message 35: by Emma (new)

Emma | 387 comments ino but its laffabl

message 36: by Eric▲ (new)

Eric▲ | 716 comments o.e i kinda already knew that...did u really think i...uh...was using goodreads to find a...oh gosh...im only 14! i don't even think i want a gf yet! i have the rest of my life to find a spouse! i don't even think i should start looking till i'm at least out of college! is it wrong to voice my feelings? should i take my emotions and stuff them in a box? gee...

sorry if i sounded angry...

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma | 387 comments I don't think she meant that you were looking for a soul mate, she was just responding to your qualities.

message 38: by Eric▲ (new)

Eric▲ | 716 comments to me, it sounded like she thought i was trying to find a soul mate......^-^my bad. #_#

message 39: by Emma (new)

Emma | 387 comments She's sorry if she offended you. I think.

message 40: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Sorry if I offended u Eric. But it's good you don't want a girlfriend.

message 41: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments You guys are all so pristine....you make me look bad!

I mean seriously, am i the only 12 year old on here who has had a bf? I thought i was weird because all of my friends have had like 7!
My friend Maya had 5 last year ALONE! I have a lot to compete with here....lol

message 42: by Sella (last edited Jan 24, 2009 11:50PM) (new)

Sella Malin I like a guy who is really nice to everyone, who makes me laugh and has a great sense of humor, who is at least a little cute (doesn't have to be drop dead gorgeous, but I want to enjoy looking at him, you know what I mean?). A guy who really cares about me, and likes me for who I am. A guy who understands me and will listen to me and likes me for both my strengths and my flaws. A guy who knows me almost as well as I know myself, and who is as close to me as a best friend would be. A guy who accepts me the way I am without trying to change me. A guy who is protective of me. A guy who has things in common with me. A guy who is either my height or taller then me...(lol sry, it's a pet peeve if the guy is shorter than me...lol). A guy that I don't feel uncomfortable or awkward around (I HATE feeling awkward) and can actually talk to, and not have awkward silences (I HATE those).

Wow, the list could go on and on...basically, my dream guy would be sensitive, caring, kind, protective, understanding, cute, easy to talk to, and likes me for who I am.

As for what Chandani said in message 41...I'm 14 and I've never had a boyfriend, so...yeah. lol XD

message 43: by Chandani (last edited Jan 25, 2009 08:22AM) (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments Lol, but having a boyfriend really is not that fun. At leat when ur 12.

So here is a "date"

*two kids are out at lunch*
Boy: Want some pizza?
Girl: Yeah sure. *starts reaching for purse*
Boy: No, ill pay its alrigh.
Girl: *glossy eyed* really?
Boy: Yeah, you'll just owe me.

And then there is the rule where you have to text everyday but not call.

So basically its a friend who buys you pizza sometimes but calls you his girlfriend.

message 44: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 25, 2009 08:42AM) (new)

OK, here's what I look for in a guy:

Appearance:
~my height or SHORTER (I have always had a thing for short guys for some reason)
~blue or brown eyes, I'm not much of a green-eye-guy girl
~light or dark brown hair, or red hair (I LOVE redheads!!) ew, blonde guys
~good smile.

Personality:
~nice/sweet
~smart, or at least TRYING in school.
~good sense of humor, no lame comebacks.
~loyal. my last bf didn't work out because he didn't have this quality.
~sensitive (like he's not afraid to share his feelings, and he'll know how to comfort me when I'm sad)

message 45: by === (new)

=== blond
very blond
tall
im only 12
i dnt know

message 46: by Emma (new)

Emma | 387 comments I have this thing for guys with dark, messy hair...

message 47: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (Milkduds920) | 6408 comments I have a thing for guys with....
Blonde
Brown
Auburn hair

ITS SMEXY.

message 48: by jeeves... (new)

jeeves... | 644 comments Emma wrote: "I have this thing for guys with dark, messy hair..."

woot! dark messy hair! yesh... das me... though i apparently used to look like harry potter :|
ouch... hahahaha...

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

dude harry potter is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 50: by Emma the Dork (new)

Emma the Dork (cheesehead) i KNOOOOWW!!!! but daniel radcliffe looks NOTHING like i think harry looks like in the books and in the books he is WAAAYYY hotter in my mind.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12