LDS discussion

YW: Personal Progress

Comments Showing 1-50 of 228 (228 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by ♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ (last edited Jan 15, 2009 05:18AM) (new)

♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ | 171 comments Mod
i do love personal progress, it had changed my life.
i'm almost done...
i was kind of irritated when they added virtue, because i am very nearly done! but it will be fun..
hey i'm glad you started this, i was thinking of doing it, but you beat me to it!

message 2: by ember (new)

ember (emberrayne) yey when we say the theme we always get mixed up

haha us too, but we are getting better..

hey i was thinking..

since we have a personal progress discussion for the girls, should we have a duty to god discussion for the boyS??

message 5: by Darkerling (new)

Darkerling the Necromancer That would be a good idea considering that i am a guy

ok i'll start one...
:)

message 7: by Jade (new)

Jade he he, guess what? we do the theme in SIGNLANGUAGE!!!!

message 8: by Jade (new)

Jade he he he, we ALWAYS mess up at sum time, we are totally forgetting it.

message 9: by Jade (new)

Jade CHEALSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 10: by Jade (new)

Jade We all stare at her and scare her with our purple people eater eyes.

message 11: by ember (new)

ember (emberrayne) i wanna do it in sign language

wow..our yw aren't that motivated to learn the theme in sign language.. that's amazing! :0

U eated my cookie (spongebob) | 50 comments so hey my name is makalyn i am 14 and have finished my personal progress its so amazing what a simple book can teach you.

U eated my cookie (spongebob) | 50 comments oh and good for you guys that is such an inspiration you can say it in sign language.

message 15: by Jade (new)

Jade It is really fun, hard to remember though. It helped me understand it better.

hey makalyn..
i am ALMOST done with personal progress, and it has really changed my life and my attitude..
what's frustrating is that most of my yw that don't really DO personal progress, there is many of my friends in my ward, and outside of my ward who i have heard say they haven't done any! it's a bit frustrating... anyone else have friends like that?

haha, we only have a personal progress activity every month, but then we are supposed to do it by ourselves i think..

message 18: by Barbara (new)

Barbara So I'm glad that like Sydney, I'm not the only one who isn't really close. I love Personal Progress, but I regret to say that I'm not as diligent as I could be. I've still pretty much got the most done of the girls my age in my ward, but...
and our ward doesn't do too awfully much, I just do it on my own. I love it though, it's helped me a ton.

message 19: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Anyone know when they'll give us the experiences, etc. for Virtue?

message 20: by Jade (new)

Jade I have no clue!!! Does anyone know when and if they are gonna give us new books???

message 21: by Jade (new)

Jade No-duh Lexi!! Who dosen't know that!!! :P

message 22: by Jade (new)

Jade hi

hi

message 23: by Jade (new)

Jade ME TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha i don't know when virtue is coming out.. i looked on lds.org, but all it said was the virtue attachment was coming soon.. or something like that.. here's the link: http://www.lds.org/pa/display/0,17802...

message 25: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Thanks, Olivia. And I think that definitely all new Beehives will get the revised books, but older girls will just have an insert or something. I don't really want to have 2 books or have to transfer all my stuff over. But I love personal progress. I'm working on an Individual Worth Project right now. Or at least, currently. Not at the moment.

message 26: by ember (new)

ember (emberrayne) hahahaha i can go to the stake dance today poor beehives

message 27: by Barbara (new)

Barbara why do you have a dance today?

yeah, that's what i think too barbara..
i'm working on individual worth , choice and accountability, and knowledge projects..

message 29: by Barbara (new)

Barbara what r they?

individual worth: talent show
knowledge: play
choice and accountability: being more organized..

U eated my cookie (spongebob) | 50 comments he he that so funny being more organized and all. i mean how much more organized can "Orville" get.

message 32: by Barbara (new)

Barbara What're you doing for the talent show?

message 33: by ember (new)

ember (emberrayne) um dont you guys have youth dances

message 34: by ♫♪ Olivia ♪♫ (last edited Jan 18, 2009 08:48AM) (new)

just so you know, makalyn, i am not organized at all! lol see ya at church today!
i am playing the piano for the talent show...
yeah we have youth dances.. we just barely had a new years eve dance.. it was way fun!

message 35: by ember (new)

ember (emberrayne) we did but no one went

haha how come? did you go?

We are daughters of our Heavenly Father, who loves us, and we love Him.
We will "stand as witnesses of God at all times and in all things,
and in all places" (Mosiah 18:9) as we strive to live
the Young Women values, which are:
Faith
Divine Nature
Individual Worth
Knowledge
Choice and Accountability
Good Works
Integrity and
Virtue.
We believe as we come to accept and act upon these values,
we will be prepared to strengthen home and family, make and keep sacred covenants,
receive the ordinances of the temple, and enjoy the blessings of exaltation.

message 38: by Jade (new)

Jade I am still not used to it. It sounds so wierd right now.

Lexi's mom is the YW president and when she told us, everyone started talking about how big this was!!! Nothing like this has happened to the YW theme before and it is totally amazing!!

well, not while we have been in young womens.. they added we will be prepared to strengthen home and family several years ago...

message 40: by Jade (new)

Jade oh.....I didn't know that!!

message 41: by Jade (new)

Jade :) :P :D

neither did i.. when we were having yw in relief society and we stumbled on the theme, they told us about when that happened..

message 43: by Jade (new)

Jade Cool!

message 44: by Darkerling (new)

Darkerling the Necromancer <('-'<)
(>'_')>

Kirby

message 45: by Barbara (new)

Barbara When my oldest sister was in Young Women, they had a totally different program. Just as she was leaving they got the current one. It must have been a huge change for her, since I'm having a hard time just with an extra value!

haha yeah..
i don't think we will have to start all over. just do virtue.

message 47: by Barbara (last edited Jan 20, 2009 04:26PM) (new)

Barbara That would be crazy if we had to start all over! I don't know if I would have the willpower to do it, knowing I already had! lol

message 48: by Jade (new)

Jade I agree, I don't think we would have to start all oover! That would be crazy!

yeah it would be!

message 50: by Jenice (new)

Jenice | 27 comments Are young Women leaders told us we wouldn't have to start all over and personally I don't see any reason why we should have to. They will just create 6 more experiences for us to do and another project. I hope we get them before my 14 birthday because I plan on finishing Personal Progress before I'm 14.

« previous 1 3 4 5