Robert Jordan's:The Wheel of Time discussion

Final Book

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ben (new)

Ben | 2 comments Has anyone heard any new information since his death?

message 2: by Don (new)

Don OBrill (obrill) | 4 comments It's sad that I didn't even know if his death... Here is what I found...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Memory...

message 3: by Navin (new)

Navin (bsnavin) | 1 comments Hey - Brandon Sanderson is writing the final book - you can find him at http://www.brandonsanderson.com/

I have read his other books - Elantris & Mistborn. Both have completely new worlds with new magical systems & I was enthralled by them.

I am eagerly expecting to see what he makes of "A Memory of Light". He seems to have received a lot of notes left by Robert Jordan with his wife on the final book.

Fingers crossed :-)

message 4: by Ben (new)

Ben | 2 comments Thanks guys

message 5: by Lynne (last edited Dec 10, 2009 12:06PM) (new)

Lynne I enjoyed The Gathering Storm, it was a bittersweet read but much longed for. Brandon Sanderson did an excellent job. He does not try to copy Jordan. That would be a foolish farce he continues the saga in his own style (read his Mistborn Trilogy its great!)
I was dissapointed when I finished reading it because it will be at least one more year till another book is published.
I am not sure whether I like how Perrin's character has hardened and evolved, but we all change and not always for the better.

message 6: by Lynne (last edited Dec 10, 2009 12:15PM) (new)

Lynne In response to Navin's comment:
I completely agree with Navin, Elantris was enthralling and spellbinding as was his Mistborn Trilogy. I am really loving the other works of Brandon Sanderson.

message 7: by Lynne (new)

Lynne OK is there anybody out there,the last comments are in JAN of 08 sooooo somebody gimmie a comment here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 8: by Randall (new)

Randall Trussell (randalthor66) | 21 comments I read it as well and was not impressed with Brandon Sanderson's writing - except for the foreward which is similar to my experiences reading the series.

I, too, would like to see Perrin soften up a bit as he was my favorite character - up until Faile's capture and his personality overhaul.

message 9: by Lynne (new)

Lynne To Randall: Try reading Sandersons Elantris, or The Mistborn Trilogy. You may change your mind about his writing.
Back to Wheel of time,I hope in bk 13 they rescue Moraine, and Elaine has the babes, and Rand CRUSHES The new Empress and her Seanchawn army!

message 10: by Randall (new)

Randall Trussell (randalthor66) | 21 comments Well, what about Matt? If Rand crushes the new Empress (Maatt's new wife) how will Matt be able to lead the Seanchan army against the forces of the Dark One? Which is exactly why I think he was put in the position he was. I am also very interested in "seeing" Elaine have her babies. That shlould be interesting! Her sister better be there!

As to Brandon's other series: I have seen them in the book store and have read the jackets, but have never felt any big draw to the stories as presented. So, now that I know his writing style itself, I feel even less inclined to try them. But maybe one day...

message 11: by Lynne (last edited Dec 15, 2009 11:57AM) (new)

Lynne Yes, I understand about Matt leading her armies, but I am SO PISSED how Tuon acted after her meeting with The Dragon Reborn, attacking the White Tower. She and her army need to be taken down a notch or two. She needs to come to grips with the fact that she is not in her contry any more and she has NO right to rule any where but her homeland. I have never liked the Seanchan. Come on give Sanderson a try, really!! I have enjoyed his works immensely! Now I have to admit it was offputting to read someone else's version of my favorite saga OF ALL TIMES and it took me a while to get fully into it but he did do it justice.

message 12: by Lynne (new)

Lynne I have decided to reread the WOT series, I am halfway thru 1st book and once again I am impressed by Robert Jordans ability to create a world so believable and complex.

message 13: by Randall (new)

Randall Trussell (randalthor66) | 21 comments It gets so that I don't feel like I am reading anymore, but watching it unfold. If you are anything like me, you will read them over and over and over again. I will probably reread them just prior to the next book coming out....

message 14: by Lynne (last edited Jan 13, 2010 06:25AM) (new)

Lynne I know that feeling, I am just now at the part in the first book where Rand and Mat are making their way to Camelyn after Thom "sacrifices" himself so they can get away and they are playing at inns for their dinner. Its so engrossing I can't put it down, AGAIN!

message 15: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Lynne wrote: "I know that feeling, I am just now at the part in the first book where Rand and Mat are making their way to Camelyn after Thom "sacrifices" himself so they can get away and they are playing at inns..."

Man I CANNOT find my copy of The Great Hunt, I am a bit peeved. I will have to get from library because I finshed Eye of the World today, BUT tomorrow is Sunday so its CLOSED. DRAT!!

message 16: by Maria (new)

Maria Kazantzi | 1 comments When you start reading the books you can barely put them down till you finish them! And you get so involved that you feel like you know the characters for real, like you live in their world, like you live their experiences(I found myself many times REALLY pissed off because something happened or feeling cold even if it's summer...!). Great author and great books!

message 17: by Randall (new)

Randall Trussell (randalthor66) | 21 comments I know exactly what you are talking about Creative. When i read them, I tell people that I stop reading and watch them unfold. I have reread the most recent book 3 times already, the earlier books I really cannot tell you how many times I have read them.

message 18: by Santosh (new)

Santosh (madsantosh1729) | 1 comments Well my experience is similar, however its a little problematic.
I get so involved that I find it hard to truly re-read them. Most of the time I skip many pages, even chapters to get to the next plot, that I know is more interesting.
And once I am there, before I have barely finished reading that part, it happens again.

I can't really say I have re-read them, as I am not sure if what I do is called re-read.

message 19: by Gabe (new)

Gabe | 1 comments I have read the series five times in the last four years. I read them through every word, every time. I am completely enthralled with these characters. They have been a part of my life for such an incredibly long time that i have a hesitancy to read the last book for then i will know what actually happens. As shown throughout the series, they dont win every battle, and people die and i dont want to lose my friends. I know that nearly sounds childish yet i cannot help the compassion. Brandon Sanderson stepped in and did a phenominal job. His previous works are tremendous, most notably in my mind, Elantris. Must cut short. Peace.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Anyone read Towers of Midnight yet??? Amazing!! Made me cry... but totally the best book so far!

message 21: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Grant | 14 comments Loved it, I read it at the start of the year

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I read it about a month ago... best book ever and it's a great change in Rand....

message 23: by Noura (new)

Noura Noman (nouraalnoman) | 5 comments Yes, I cried for Matt too.

message 24: by Serge (new)

Serge Fjetland (corhen) | 7 comments Gabrielle wrote: "I read it about a month ago... best book ever and it's a great change in Rand...."

i love how Rand.. ascended.. almoast to Creator status... Mat was increadble, knew exactly what the cost was going to be, and walked in prepared to meet it

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Serge wrote:
"i love how Rand.. ascended.. almoast to Creator status... Mat was increadble, knew exactly what..."

Ae!! I could never have done that...