Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '09 - '10 > Witchling - NO SPOILERS

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Jan 14, 2009 11:53AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments This thread is the discussion of Witchling (I'm assuming it's going to win) without spoilers. There is a separate thread for spoilers.

This will begin in February :)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Will we be reading by chapters and discussing it that way?

message 3: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments hmm... We could set it up by chapters, or we could just have people read at their own pace and discuss whatever they would like, and refer to the pages or general chapters.

I've seen it done both ways, so its up to the group.

message 4: by Kasia (new)

Kasia I'm not a big fan of reading it by chapters. It's less fuss to let everybody read in their own tempo.

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Kasia, I agree.
I wouldn't mind too much having chapter goals that keep everyone together - we're doing that on another group and it definitely has its benefits, but it also kind of makes it feel a little bit like school. :)

message 6: by ♥Tricia♥ (last edited Jan 15, 2009 11:36AM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 132 comments Ya, well the only reason I set up chapters (in my group hehe) was so that people wouldn't have their read ruined by spoilers :) Otherwise how do you know what to discuss?

How do you determine what you can say and what you cant?

I also have an FFA chat for the book as well so that no matter how you like to read, you can still participate :)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic I;d say have it set by chap. for the no spoilers thread so that we are all on the same page so to speak. The random people can chat on the spoilers thread so anything that is said won't be given away to those reading by chapters. Does that make sense? Then for each book the schedule can be the same. If you'd rather read at your own pace you can choose either thread.

message 8: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 132 comments Ya, and those that already read the book can stop in and discuss as well in the chapter areas. :) Is how I figured would be good to make everyone happy hehe

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments It seems the majority would like to do chapter by chapter, so as soon as I get the book I will set it up.

My only problem with the chapter by chapter is that I read pretty quickly and will likely not want to stop at the chapter marks. So I'll probably just read it all the way through and then just flip to the pages to discuss.

message 10: by ♥Tricia♥ (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 132 comments Ya, I planned to stop at my chapter limit.. but thats just me. I will be reading more then one book so that just works out best for me anyhow :)

message 11: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Once I start a book, I'm not very good at stopping lol. I usually read through, or stop maybe once. I don't think I am capable of doing the chapter marks haha. But I won't post spoilers in the wrong section :)

message 12: by Jess (last edited Jan 15, 2009 02:51PM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Do people want each thread for the chapters, or just keep it all in this thread and have one posting of the weeks and the correct page numbers?

message 13: by ♥Tricia♥ (last edited Jan 15, 2009 03:40PM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 132 comments Totally up to you, I will abide by whatever you wish :)

I was just making some friendly suggestions. Since my group is new I am sure that there will be new ideas to come and better ways to work everything out.

Reading so many books per month between all of the groups, mind including, I will have to do a chapter thing so I can keep up hehe.

message 14: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 187 comments I received my copy of Witchling from the library yesterday, so I'm good. Whether by chapters or not, I'm in.

message 15: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I just received my copy today as well. I will set up four threads for each week in Feb. They will each have a set number of chapters. People can do it that way, or just read it straight through and use the spoilers thread

message 16: by Yz the Whyz (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 187 comments Sounds fair. I might have to finish the book before Feb ends anyway, because it is a library book that has other people waiting for it.

message 17: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Mine is also from the library, so I will probably read it straight through.

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura | 97 comments I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get this one in time, but it just popped up on Paperback swap, so I'm IN!

message 19: by Tiwaztyrsfist (new)

Tiwaztyrsfist | 25 comments Just picked up my copy. I was also going to pick up Moon Called by Patricia Briggs, but BN was out...

Oh well, not like I won't be back there in less than a week.

message 20: by Jessi (new)

Jessi  (jessim) I had to go to two different stores, but I finally found a copy!