Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Chit Chat - Getting to Know You > Gardella Vampire Chronicles

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nichole (DirrtyH) (dirtyh) Anyone know anything/have any opinions about Colleen Gleason's Gardella Vampire Chronicles books? Apparently they're more paranormal historical, which I haven't read much of, but they sound interesting.

message 2: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
Hmm I have never heard of that author, but I will have to check it out now that I know! :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

i have a friend who has read this series she loves them. i haven't gotten around to read them yet but there on the top of my list. :D

Sarah ~Sehrenity~ | 276 comments I like the series, but some books are better than others. It's more like a historical-Buffy-soap-opera kind of book. It's not bad, but it's definitely lighter fare.

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn (dawnv) I love this series.The draw for me is I like the fact that the story is in a different time period.
She writes these story in the Victorian Era so that adds to the depth of the story especially since she is an unlikely heroine. It is also interesting to see all vamps be the bad guys no exceptions.

Plus I also like how she adds trivia to her story like having John Polidori as a character. Polidori wrote Lord Ruthven The Vampyre, which to me is even more interesting because Lord Ruthven is similar to Gleason's Lord Byron.

Anyway I like the series and I feel like her books get better each time.

message 6: by Barbara ★ (new)

Barbara ★ I read the first two and didn't care for them. A tad too boring, not enough action I guess. IMHO there are many other PNRs out there which are spectacular why read something that isn't?

Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Rest Falls Away (other topics)