Terminalcoffee discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Feeling Nostalgic? The archives > Parents Lose Custody of Nazi-Named Kids

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28655143/...

I get the feeling there's more to this than just the name issue. Still...

message 2: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Not to stereotype, but all the white supremacist types that I knew had PLENTY of other reasons for their children to be taken from them...

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yeah, if naming your kids dumb-ass names were a crime most celebrities would be child-less.

def deeper issues here.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, def different issues, but I feel sorry for the kids to have to go through this.

message 5: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Yeah, little Adolf sure was cute. Or was that Aryan? (They all look alike, you know.)

*sorry*

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments tough to keep the Chaplin 'stache trimmed just right at that age

message 7: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I read about this story a month or so ago, when the parents complained that a local supermarket wouldn't bake a cake with the inscription "Happy Birthday Adolf Hitler."

If I were the kids' parents, I'd sleep with one eye open. Chances are those kids will murder them in their sleep. Not that it would be a loss...the species just got stronger.

message 8: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments we had a neighbor kid who was in kindergarten at the time and drew a swastika on a get well card for a teacher. it was a major hullabaloo (man i have been waiting ages to use that word) as it was right after the Columbine deal. the boy's grandfather had been in the war and was a collector and history buff of WWII. the boy was just doing what he thought was a cool army logo thing never knowing it was such a sign representing evil, terrible things

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Okay, lets get that book of approved baby names out.... Oh, don't they have one here in the US yet?

I do feel for the kids, though. I'd never dictate what a child should be named but have a little common sense. Remember the boy named Sue?

message 10: by Dan (new)

Dan Schwent (akagunslinger) But Sue's dad gave him that name to make him strong!

message 11: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Gus, I think it's the same family.

Poor swastika! Nazis ruined it for Hindus, Buddhists, and Jains!

message 12: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Mindy, yes it is the same family. The birthday cake story was what caused this kerfuffle over the kids' names and the obviously racist parents.

message 13: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments hey gus, can i steal the word kerfuffle? it is way cooler than my now used hullabaloo

message 14: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) I think I stole that word from someone else, so, yeah, feel free to gank it.

message 15: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Gank just sounds derrty!

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i use the work hork for steal. but i think i will gank gank also.

"what's the kerfuffle over me ganking a word?"

message 17: by Pamela(AllHoney) (new)

Pamela(AllHoney) (pamelap) Am I gonna have to get the dictionary out?

message 18: by Gus (new)

Gus Sanchez (gussanchez) Nah.

"Kerfuffle" is another word for "dust-up", or something similar. Sort of like, "much ado about nothing."

message 19: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments or you can use kadoozle as in "didn't mean to start a kadoozle"

message 20: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Back to good parenting:

http://www.parade.com/export/sites/de...

I love this President! *sniffles*

message 21: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments wow, i am sending this link to my kids to read

message 22: by Cosmic Sher (new)

Cosmic Sher (sherart) | 2234 comments Yeah, little Adolf sure was cute. Or was that Aryan? (They all look alike, you know.)

BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Thanks Mindy!

message 23: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments :)

message 24: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i heard they actually named the boy after the meat tenderizer

message 25: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Lawry?

message 26: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i feel like dennis miller with that obscure joke

http://www.farawayfoods.com/adolph.html

message 27: by Meen (new)

Meen (meendee) | 1733 comments Ahhhh! (But, it was Lawry's, too.)

message 28: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments yup. well...win some and lose some

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.