Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Fun & Games > Dontcha love..

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (last edited Jan 13, 2009 08:33PM) (new)

♥Tricia♥ (siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
Sort of a new game, I thought it would be nice to h ave a list of things we love. Finish the sentence with something you love book/reading related.

Dont you love..

I will start.

Dont you love the smell of a brand new book? Mmm its like the best t hing in the world! :)

message 2: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic | 902 comments Mod
Dontcha love the chills you feel walking into a (new) bookstore. Seeing all the new books. Clearance sales. Getting to browse for hours=)=)=)

message 3: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Oooh Kenjii I can spend so many hours browsing book stores too! :)

message 4: by Jenny T (last edited Jan 14, 2009 10:29AM) (new)

Jenny T | 2 comments Don't you love it when you buy a used book, and you find something inside it (a name, date, message, photo, plane ticket, love letter, etc.) that hints at where the book has been and who else has read it?

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Dontcha love when ur book order comes in. The book u have been waiting for is in, now u can read to ur hearts contents.

message 6: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

/squeel!

Yes that is a good one! I am currently waiting on an order to arrive!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

hehehe.... ur so cute Tricia

message 8: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

The excited over getting a new (even used) book never ends.

I love relating to a character.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Dontcha love when have found the book u have wanted in the last place u would of thought it would be in.

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Dontcha love reading a book you didn't really want and then discovering how much you loved it.

message 11: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

I just got finished reading one JUST like that! And I LOVED it!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) Yeah those books that surprised are the best.

message 13: by new_user (new)

new_user Oh, definitely, Jael! That's such a great surprise.

Dontcha love it when you discover an author whose characters are fascinating?

message 14: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Oh yes! /warm fuzzy feelings

message 15: by tosca (new)

tosca (catatonichataholic) | 47 comments Jenny wrote: "Don't you love it when you buy a used book, and you find something inside it (a name, date, message, photo, plane ticket, love letter, etc.) that hints at where the book has been and who else has r..."

Just like The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society!

message 16: by tosca (new)

tosca (catatonichataholic) | 47 comments Kathy wrote: "Dontcha love when you fall in love with characters and realize there's a whole series on 'em?"

Or when you just fall in love with a character! Annie and I were discussing that very thing earlier today - the whole literary crush thing, and she flicked me Literary Crushes and Roger Sutton's V-day Confessions. Both of which made me go, 'Oh I know that feeling!'

message 17: by tosca (new)

tosca (catatonichataholic) | 47 comments Dontcha love that when a damn good book ends it makes sense? (that there are no nagging loose ends that detract from the feelgood quality of the story)

message 18: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Oh I do that too Kathy! My boyfriend goes bonkers if he comes along for the ride lol.

message 19: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

lol That sounds wonderful :) It's such a shame that there is no one here in my area that loves to go book browsing hehe

message 20: by new_user (new)

new_user LOL, I do that too and leave with a headache. Doh.

message 21: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Doncha love having ALL the time in the world to browse a bookstore?

message 22: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

I am still all for a roadtrip/Bookaholics convention lol!

message 23: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Kathy wrote: "Dontcha love the self-satisfied feeling of accomplishment when you finish a book?"

Yes esp those ones that you couldn't get into at first, but then turn out really good!

message 24: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

Kenjii - that happened to me just the other week when I finished a book, I was so happy!

Kathy - I love my uninterrupted reading time :) Usually its in the evening after I get home from work. Sometimes not until before bed. Sigh, I need to read more!

message 25: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Dontcha love when you read a new author and totally fall in love with their characters, plots and so forth?

message 26: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Love that Kathy!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Dontcha love when u are craving chocolate and someone brings u some just knowing u might want one..

message 28: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) mmm.... Speaking of chocolate Steph - I just got some brownies from my hubby!

Don't you love it when you wake up feeling completely refreshed & ready to take on the world!

message 29: by new_user (new)

new_user Did someone mention chocolate? *drool* Your hubby's awesome, LOL.

message 30: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Doncha love reading the first sentence of a book and fall in love with it?

message 31: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (lifeasabooknerd) Don'tcha love a blustery day, a great book, a soft blanket and a hot cup of tea and actually having the time to ENJOY it all??? Ahh, the good old days! :)

message 32: by Shanon (new)

Shanon (boban) I'm going to switch this up a bit and say...

Don't you hate when you are really excited to read a book but just can't seem to get enough free time to sit and actually read it.

Work has just been too busy lately for me to get too much reading done *tear*

message 33: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Oh Shanon I was JUST thinking this. My problem is I started my regular 3-4 books for the beginning of April and I LOVE them all! So it is hard to choose just to to sit and read beginning to end.

message 34: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) | 105 comments Don't you love when you find a new favorite author and realise they have a backlist a mile long? Lots and lots of books for you to dive into right away and relish!

message 35: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic, Co-Lead (new)

Yes!

message 36: by Ann (new)

Ann | 25 comments Don't ya love when your at the cash register at borders and you have borders bucks you didn't know were on your card!!!!!!!!! Plus a 40% off coupon!!!!

Jael ~ *~ Syhren ~* ~ (wwwgoodreadscomprofilejael) yes

Dontcha love going to the redbox and only paying a dollar for a movie rental instead of 4.99