Knit 1 Read 2 discussion

Fave Knit Books of 2007?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:11PM) (new)

Matthew Gatheringwater (gatheringwater) | 3 comments I just reviewed one of my favorite recently-published knitting books, Fitted Knits by Stefanie Japel. After I posted the review, I started to wonder about other folk's favorites. What do you think were the best knitting books of 2007? Maybe I missed some...

message 2: by Jessamine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:12PM) (new)

Jessamine | 2 comments I *love* Fitted Knits!

message 3: by Jessica (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:15PM) (new)

Jessica My only knitting book of 2007 is Alterknits, which i just picked up. I've been terribly lax about knitting during the last few years (well, having a baby in arms and a full time job can do that) but I'm really excited to take on some of these chic and un-stodgy projects.

message 4: by Heather (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:17PM) (new)

Heather | 1 comments i got the natural knitter and folk hats books this year. i love them both, but i especially love the natural knitter. i loved learning about all the different fibers and what to expect from them and the patterns are all great. the folk hats book has more patterns and more of a sense of fun, but i won't make all of the patterns.

message 5: by Erin (new)

Erin | 2 comments Son of Stitch N' Bitch by Debbie Stoller. I seem to fall in love with anything this woman touches, and i'm glad she came out with a book of patterns designed for men. it kind of rounds out my collection. =)

message 6: by Haley (last edited Dec 23, 2007 08:04PM) (new)

Haley (Bunny) | 1 comments My favorite book is called "Knitting With Balls". It's a guy's knitting book and even though I'm a girl, I think the patters in there are basic, fun works that are great to mess around with.

message 7: by Feather (new)

Feather C.  | 2 comments I love Son of Stitch N' Bitch, way fun stuff in there.

message 8: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (natagirl) | 2 comments I like Bag Style - Pam Allen/Ann Budd.

It has some great bags, except some of the color combos are a little to crazy for me...I like more natural/earthy yarn colors.

message 9: by Denise (new)

Denise | 3 comments I loved Charmed Knits, the Harry Potter-themed project book by knit blogger Alison Hansel. Otherwise, just looking through the KnitPicks catalog helps me find new project ideas, with my stash, no less ;)