This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Ok nick now is personal….

Comments Showing 1-50 of 55 (55 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by The Crimson Fucker (last edited Jan 13, 2009 01:34PM) (new)

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) That is mo fo let put this clear… why do I think the borg will kick the shit out of the death star and the whole mother fucking Empire:

Has a Borg Cube ever taken over a planet? I recall a few space battles between the federation and the Borg, but I don't recall the Borg ever capturing a planet... why bring this up, because the Death star can house countless fleets. <

Mother fucker! Not only they have taken entire planets.. they’ve taken over entire solar systems and advanced civilizations… for Christ sake!!! Remember the first episode where the Borg appear where they check planet after planet and find nothing but devastation after all the resources of a planet are depleted...

Additionally the "star Trek" federation is a bunch of hippies in space, all humanitarian and shit. The Empire not so much, they have a kill first policy.

Dude so do the klingons… and trust me the only thing I fear more in a battle field is a fleet of klingon birds of prey…. And we’ve seen what the borg can do to those….

The Borg don't stand a chance. And the if the Borg are moving at the speed of light then that actually works in the death Star’s favor, take a physic's class would you. If the Borg are moving at the speed of light the battlefield turns two dimensional, the Borg would have effectively thrown away all of their advantages of maneuverability. This also gives the death star a know location of where they “will” be in a few moments. Track and shoot. Would probably be easier then vaporizing a planet.

Ha! Dude one warp speed is exponential… meaning warp 9 is almost a freaking 100 times faster than light… but you know what fuck it… let’s say warp speed is just as fast as light… for the sake of argue, the death star aims and fire! Bang !!! there are shields on the borg cube… the ship is not destroyed and the borg collective learns the frequency of the mo fuking death ray! Ha! Not a single shot would make any damage after that… but Alfonso what about all those puny little ships that the empire has… well fuck em!!! Same thing they shoot and shoot and shoot and is only absorbed by the borg cube! More energy!, and but Alfonso what about all those clone fighters… hahahah they’ll be assimilated in no time dude!! Their weapons are mass produced… meaning they all have the same frequency… there is no way in hell the empire can stand a full frontal assault by the Borg!! Just face light saber boy… your big useless death star is a sitting duck… it would become a second cube in no time! ...

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) ok I just read my post… and seriously I need I life!

Servius  Heiner <
<>>

Foozle you completely missed the point. The Death Star wouldn’t even have to fire a shot at the Cube. If traveling at the speed of light reduces the battle to a two dimensional battle field what do you think increasing the speed will do? All the Death Star needs to do is park a ship in the path of the cruising cube; game over, the kinetic energy would tear the cube apart. There is no frequency to adjust too. The fact that the space hippies and their clitons haven’t figured that out proves just how week the federation and her enemies are. Try again foozle.

<<>>

Again, take a science class; planets tend to follow orbits. But assuming that was not there only weakness I would put into account of the weak ass opponents. Barring all that, the death Star is not a planet, it moves, it is a tool of warfare before anything else.

Just saying just throwing it out there, the Borg still lose vs. the Death Star.

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) I’ll love to see how the fuck you can predict the position of an object moving over 29079868426 m/s…seriously I’d love to!

Dude get this in your head yes the death star moves… but if we talking about a borg frontal assault is simple rulez the ship will pop out of warp… the death star’s shields can’t do nothing about the immediate troop deployment that follows (by teleporting not silly air escape tubes…) the computer systems will be jam in a second! Their weapons will be relented useless after 2-5 shots… the borg cube regenerates… the death start dosent! But fuck it yeah the borg cube is blown to pieces!! Kaboom!! Bye bye cube! How the empire deals with the infested death star?? Darth Vader alone is going to stop em???

And the planets that are assimilated don’t leave their orbit dude…

Servius  Heiner Lives are over rated foozle...

I know planets don't leave their orbit that was my point; it is always going to be in a predictable spot. Just like a ship hurling through space at warp 9. Just because it is moving fast doesn't mean it ceases to exist; moving at that speed forces the craft to fly in a straight line, it must be orientated in the right direction before it goes into warp. Remember watching the closing credits? The enterprise always made that little button hook turn then jumped into warp.

Anyway, my point being they would detect the approaching Cube they would know where it was going, they would know where to place mass for it to run into. If the cube crashes into a planet at warp 9 do you think its shields would be able to dissipate the energy? Me neither. I do have a book for you to read Alfonso that would bring you over to my side on this: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11...

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) Ok you beat me on that… let us just hope that they are not too busy getting their asses kick by a small guerrilla… when the borg decides to attack… and let us hope that the borg are not using clocking technology when traveling… =)

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) One thing tho… I really want you to understand the basics of warp technology… the ship is inside a warp bubble outside “real” space….

Servius  Heiner do the Borg cloke? I don't recall, it has been... years.

Servius  Heiner besides I'm sure the Borg have clocks, everyone needs to know the time :D

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) fucking english!

Servius  Heiner thank you HEH! I confused myself trying to make fun of foozle and never made it back to spelling it right!

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) You know what I hate right now…. I’m really piss off about this!! Is like my brain refuses to accept that these are fictional characters…

Servius  Heiner But if they are not in "real" space then why do they see the stars streaking past when they are in warp? Does fake space have stars too?

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) the stars are outside the bubble !!!! (i'm making up shit now!)

Servius  Heiner Well to have a conversation like this you need imagination and some science kicking around in there too fiz. I think we have taken this as far as it can go... what we really need is some technical data on the energy dissipation ratio of the Borg shields, (how much energy can it shed off before collapsing). This would tell us if it was feasible to put something big enough in front of the cube to crash into.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

The thing is, the first Death Star went down by little else than a farm boy flying into it's chamber and going 'pow! pow!'

Servius  Heiner not just a farm boy... he had the force. Don't get into conversations over your head montambo.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

You're right. Luke can take out the Death Star, but the Borg can't. Carry on.

Servius  Heiner I'm glad you finally agree to reason. You earned yourself another victory at chess!

message 20: by Servius Heiner (last edited Jan 13, 2009 02:43PM) (new)

Servius  Heiner The actual reason is the Borg wouldn't have a chance. The "farm boy" and his toy fleet were allowed to come to the Death Star, Vader wanted him there. To defeat the rebels and to kill all those people and life forms would cause a great "disturbance" in the force helping to turn Luke to the dark side. Well Luke taught them a good lesson... Don't mess with the force! You will lose every time.

Edit**
I don't believe the same courtesy would be extended to the Borg

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, then the Death Star went bye-bye.

Servius  Heiner yes because of the force, not overwhelming military might.

Jackie "the Librarian" Eh, all the Borg would need to do is go back in time like they did in the movie Star Trek: First Contact, but instead of to Earth, go to when the Death Star was being constructed. Then they could blow it up before its weapons systems were operational.
Bye-bye Death Star.

Servius  Heiner The Borg wouldn't think to do that... They would have to learn to fear the death star first. And know where it came from. How many cubes would have been destroyed before they figured out where it came from? By that time the Empire would have enough cube wreckage to reverse engineer their systems and to build their own time thingy. Then we have the terminator series thing, always fighting each other over and over until the future properly educates the past, thus causing the Death star to be built sooner and sooner... don't mess with time travel Jackie.

Servius  Heiner Come on everyone go change their votes.

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) Dude you aint convincing nobody… the death star don’t stand a chance against the borg!!! Face it!!! Resistance is futile!!!!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Sure, Nick. If the poll gets changed to "Who would win? The Death Star or Luke?"

Servius  Heiner There is no reason why the Borg are feared so much. They are good at beating up hippies, yeah and who isn't?

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) dude are you saying that klingons are hippies???

Servius  Heiner I'm saying the clitons are hippies. They just seem so upset and angry because they all have Chlamydia.

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) Dude you can talk shit about the Borg all you want!!! But you don’t taunt the Klingons and expect me to let you go unchallenged!!
bljeghbe'chug vaj blHegh!!!!!!

Servius  Heiner MONTAMBO! ALFONSO IS CHOKING ON SOUP!

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) dude, that’s klingon for Surrender or die!!!!!

Servius  Heiner remember earlier when I said lives were over rated... I think were taking that to the extream now. Time to scale back the nerd a bit; or would it help if I put it to you like this: kvhjk jjf nsik joijoigjidis jvhuhiuwvj;slp wpeihwhuihb.

message 35: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) Lets suppose for a moment that the borg somehow got past the PLANET DESTROYING LASER that can VAPORIZE PLANETS, LET ALONE STARSHIPS, WITH A SINGLE SHOT. They'd still have to contend with Darth Fucking Vader. Think about it. The borg are like a hive mind, very simple minded, no autonomy. If Obi Wan can mind control a couple of storm troopers into not seeing some droids, you think a dark Jedi like Vader couldn't mind control the whole freakin' borg collective?

message 36: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) KD has a point about Galactus, though.

message 37: by The Crimson Fucker (last edited Jan 13, 2009 07:23PM) (new)

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) Well I beg to differ =) heheh I was hoping that Nick would be the one to try that one… the idea of the borg being a single minded collectivity is not quite accurate my dude =) let us remember Locutus of the Borg and their queen… also let us remember Hue… they use their collective minds for data analisys and energy purposes… but the borg do have a leader…. Now let’s pretend that Mr Vader decides to go solo on a borg ship… I mean we all know how greedy the empire is… and what would happen to him when he tries to kill every single Borg sure he may kill what 20 30??? Before his light saber becomes useless thanks to the borg shielding technology… the force will have the same problem I think we both agree in the fact that the force is energy…. (And this is how I know the Borg have the upper hand over the empire who’s whole arsenal is energy based) he would eventually be assimilated and all his knowledge on the Force, the Death Star’s crappy engineering, and the empire’s defenses would become known to all borgs =) dudes just admit it!!! The Death Star don’t stand a chance!!! Resistance is futile!!

message 38: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) 'Frayed knot, Fonz. Before they had a chance to adapt he'd take over the entire ship, and there'd be no one left to report what happened to the rest of the collective. For that matter, forget about shielding individual borg...he could just use to force to move the whole damned ship into a star...

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) dude admit it!!! your trump card (vader) cant deal with the borg!!

Servius  Heiner your attempts at defending the borg are futile foozle.

message 41: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) My so-called trump card doesn't NEED to deal with the borg. By the time they get anywhere NEAR Vader there's nothing left but vapor. The point was that even if, by some freakish fluke the borg DID get anywhere close to the Death Star, they'd STILL be toast.

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) Dude I didn’t want to use this cuz… well I wanted to make the argue solely tactical but you left me with no choice here suck on this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warp_dri...

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) Crap I posted the wrong one! Here : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warp_dri...

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) hahaha i loved that one too!!!!! yay!

message 45: by Tom (new)

Tom Foolery (tomfoolery) So you're saying that the borg cubes will be going really fast when they get blasted to vapor?

The Crimson Fucker (feanor01) No what I’m saying is that I don’t remember seeing the death star being equipped with wormhole long range radar systems… so fuck it they won’t see the cube coming!

p.s. did I just said that? God that sounded worse that my klingon line!

Servius  Heiner The plot devises about the mobility of the death star was never really discussed in the movies or books directly. It was however discussed indirectly. Using logic foozle one must admit that the Death Star was/is capable of interstellar travel. As the rest of the empire uses hyper drives and the like. If the death Star was incapable of going from system to system it would be pretty useless wouldn’t it. Its mission statement was to be a galactic force. Implying that it was intended to travel the Empire at ease.

This means they would need long range sophisticated sensors. Your argument doesn’t hold water Foozle, the Borg lose again.

message 48: by Tracy (new)

Tracy but would the force work on the borg? because it supposed to work on the weak minded, by affecting what's currently going on in their heads. however, the borg are basically a virus, so it's questionable whether or not they have any conscious thought. no conscious thought = nothing for vader to tap into. i kind of think eventually the borg would win, just by virtue of being an endless unstoppable force, like a locust plague, or cancer. either that, or they'd eventually give up and go assimilate someone else, in which case it would be a draw.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to have to back Alfonso on a couple of points here:

1. Sure Vader's a badass, but let's be honest he's essentially the janitor on a fucking metal beach ball filled with the same kind of retarded groupthinkers you get with any large scale military operation.

I don't remember seeing any scenes of "Hey, Darth Freaky, we've got some major military planning to get done, how bout helping us out with that brilliant tactical mind of yours?"

vs.

"Aw shit, the fucking Jedi are here. Hey Darth, clean those up would you?"

2. You must be high to think that the Death Star could track the trajectory of anything moving faster than a quadroplegic on qualuudes. C'mon they built how many of those things? And it managed to use it's "awesome planet destroying power" how many times? C'mon even against a stationary target, it had to get lucky. Soon the Borg will have a cube & a sphere.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

That was Steve in the above post! Not me!

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.