Chicks On Lit discussion

Non Book Talk > AI Junkies Check In*spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-50 of 587 (587 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

message 1: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2562 comments Mod
Yeah I admit it. I am a TOTAL American Idol junkie. My wintertime guilty pleasure and less calories than cheesecake.
So who else is watching tonight? Shall we have a running commentary thread? If so you should know that I can be brutal... sadly I'm more like Simon with these things than Paula.

message 2: by Holli (last edited Jan 13, 2009 01:12PM) (new)

Holli I find I always agree with what Simon is saying or I've just said it before he does! I'm sorry but sometimes these people are just BAD.

Love this show and yes yes yes to a running commentary this year! Why not??

:)

message 3: by Corinna (new)

Corinna (vegasnative) | 70 comments Another junkie checking in! Dreadful....absolutely horrendous...you sound like a cruise ship singer with a goose stuck up your behind!

Oh and another "yes" vote for the running commentary.

message 4: by April (new)

April (sallysal) | 25 comments Love it! We all talk about it at work the next day. Some of them are hilarious in the beginning. Can't wait to see what they have this year!

Definitely a 'yes' vote from me :-)

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily (ejfalke) | 576 comments YES YES YES!!!! I can't wait! I love it all.

message 6: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments i am soo ready for the new season of idol! i cant WAIT for 8pm!
besides i like looking at simon!

message 7: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (chill77) I haven't been stuck to the tv for AI in a few years. But this year, I want to see what the new judge is about.

message 8: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (chamilton12) I'm so ready!!! I love AI!!

YES on the commentary!

message 9: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2562 comments Mod
Okay so it's about to start!!! Ill be hopping back and forth because my lap top is from the Apple Isatan edition and sucks it hard.

message 10: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (chamilton12) I'm DVRing it because my husband's a nerd and playing video games! :(

message 11: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2562 comments Mod
So I caught San Fansico, NY, Salt Lake, Kansas City, Arizona where else did they go? I thought I heard rumor they went to puerto rico?
Okay and the flash back of Ryan saying "This Is American Idol" the first one he did... WOW he looks so different... poor dunkelman.

message 12: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments So when did it become a debate about being voted off? The guy in the bandana is very annoying. Rock star in a box, and crying, give me a break!

message 13: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2562 comments Mod
Rock Star in a box needed a box of Kleenex. I hate the mentality of "im a good person and I really want this but I havent done any work towards this" mentality.
I like the pink wannabe girl I just hope she can do other styles.
WHAT was up with nervous guy? I think i could understand Bulgaria better.

message 14: by Corinna (new)

Corinna (vegasnative) | 70 comments Crud, I still have a few more hours before it starts for me.....sounds like it is good tho. Can't wait!!!!

message 15: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (chamilton12) Bikini girl= ew!

message 16: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments oh god... ok so bikini girl is a total twit-ho, i really liked the rocker girl with the pierced lip, the blonde with the raspy voice and the young girl in the black and white shirt..
do ya think the blind guy was good or will get the sympathy vote? and how can simon critique him??

message 17: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (chamilton12) I like the blind guy! I'm glad he got through. I thought he had a good voice. I like the 16 y/o with the black & white striped shirt.

message 18: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2562 comments Mod
I liked the 16 yr old girl too. Bikini girl was a no ... or a word that sounds like no. I didnt love any of the guys.

message 19: by April (new)

April (sallysal) | 25 comments What was with bikini girl's excessive head bobbing? Did anyone else notice that?

So far, I like the new judge...

message 20: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2562 comments Mod
It's sad with the bikini girl because if she had come in with clothes on I think the reaction from all the judges would have been different. I didn't think she had a bad voice, it wasn't great but I think the all around reaction to her would have been much diffrent.

message 21: by KrisT (new)

KrisT | 553 comments Yes but bikini girl got what she wanted and Simons comment "smart girl" didn't help but you see where it went. The judge that sang the song too had her trumpted but did it matter? um nada!

I liked the blind guy to and the horror girly looking kid but I don't think he is unusual enough sounding. I liked the blonde gal that was sort of nasally. It grew on me. She was the one that had no family. We will see.

message 22: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments i cant wait for tonight!!

message 23: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (chill77) Bikini girl - hated her!!! I didn't think her voice was that good.
New judge, Kara - loved her!!
Rocker girl w/ tattoos (Emily?) - really liked her!

message 24: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (chill77) One more thing, what happened with Ryan??? He tried to high-five the blind guy!!! I almost fell outta bed on that one!

message 25: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments oh my god.. i caught that too! i cant believe they didnt cut that out! and how about bikini girl chasing after him??? i have a feeling his little faux hawk was really standing high!! hahahah

message 26: by Emily (new)

Emily (ejfalke) | 576 comments Bikini Girl - GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I think the judge made a mistake by getting worked up over her not being a good singer. She could have just said, "No." Now it's always going to be awkward when she judges her. Maybe not. Maybe she's tough like Simon. :)

Yeah, and Ryan giving a high five to the blind guy - that was so funny. Not the smartest move, there, Seacrest.

I also really liked the rocker girl, Emily Hughes. I think she'll do well. I hope it works out with her band. That little high school boy from the beginning was so sweet. The blond southern girl (Deandra?) was also really good. I liked her voice. Different.

I'm always amazed. I'm a horrible singer, but I SWEAR I could carry a tune better than some of these people. (Especially since Rock Band...)

And more tonight!

message 27: by Allison (new)

Allison (theallisonnelson) | 35 comments Bikini girl won't make it too far once she gets to Hollywood I don't think!

message 28: by April (last edited Jan 14, 2009 09:56AM) (new)

April (sallysal) | 25 comments Allison, I agree with you. I don't think Bikini girl makes it far. I don't think her voice was that bad, but it wasn't good enough that I was thinking, "WOW."

It is so funny when some of the really terrible people are shocked that they don't make it. If I sounded like some of them, and my family and friends let me try out for American Idol-I think I'd need to get some new peeps...

message 29: by LinBee (new)

LinBee Oops, I saw this thread at 8:00pm last night,and I had forgotten that the AI was starting! Thanks for the reminder, I was able to watch it. But running commentary is voted for!

Ugh, bikini girl...she just makes my head hurt...

message 30: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments I get annoyed that they even allow bikini girl to do her thing. What a role model for the little girls in our country.

Hi fiving the blind guy, do you think that was planned or is Ryan just a dummie?

message 31: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (chill77) Meg, judging from the look on Ryan's face when he realized what he had done, my guess is that he was just being a dummie!

message 32: by Corinna (last edited Jan 14, 2009 02:37PM) (new)

Corinna (vegasnative) | 70 comments Bikini girl got what she wanted, which was recognition whether it came from her "so-so" voice or whether she got it in other ways. I see she made the front page of Yahoo today. Lovely. She won't make it past Hollywood hell week, imo. Yes, she had an annoying head bob thing going on and her lips kept puckering weirdly, she was annoying in more ways than 1 HUNDRED! ha ha

I liked Stevie the best (black & white t-shirt girl), I thought she had the best voice, and she reminded me of Kelly Clarkson.

The crying rocker guy, omg, seriously he just made me laugh. I couldn't help it. Poor guy, he'll never make it as a rocker.

YES,YES,YES what on earth was Seacrest(out) doing with the high five to the blind guy. OMG. I turned to my husband and said that is almost as bad as the brush off he got from Brangelina. he he he. Besides the Miss America pageant it's the only show I really trash talk!!!! Lovin it!

Very excited for tonights episode to start.

message 33: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments Light's on nobody's home!

message 34: by Laura (last edited Jan 14, 2009 03:38PM) (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments I TIVO'd it and haven't watched it yet. This is a great thread! I love AI!

Did anyone else have a TOTAL CRUSH on Michael Johns (the Australian guy) last year? I STILL have some Idol shows saved on TIVO because he was so hot I could barely stand it. When he did Light My Fire I'm sorry he was just TOO hot.

Please someone else say they are a whacko like me!

[image error]

I can't get the picture to come up right, and I don't think the link works either :( How in the H do you get an image in here? I tried, and it didn't work.
http://googlx.com/rickey-blog/images/...

message 35: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments i liked michael johns and have wondered what has happened to him.. they showed carlie and said she is still struggling. who i REALLy liked was jason castro
GOD i loved that kid!
50 min til its on tonight!!

message 36: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2562 comments Mod
I LOVED Michael Johns. He was my idol last year. He has a new CD being released sometime this year and is on an upcoming soundtrack for a movie I cant remember the name of. I thought he was the best last year.

I don't know what Castro is doing but rumor has it his little brother audtions but gets cut in or before Hollywood.

message 37: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments OMG... I JUST SAW JASON CASTRO...WOOHOO

message 38: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments Michael Johns was really easy on the eyes, I was sorry to see him go.

I don't get some of the people that they are giving the ok to.

message 39: by Mich (new)

Mich | 150 comments ok so tonights recap?
i liked the guy with the dead wife the best.. then the band guy? some of the people they seemed to really like i just sort of shook my head.
noone else stands out for me. the previews look WAY promising tho.. i have to work next tues/wednes so i'll read about it on here and tivo it later!!

message 40: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (chamilton12) I really liked the last girl from Memphis! She was great.

That Jazz girl that kept doing the thing with her teeth was freaking me out! And, the girl that feel asleep and kept saying that God would punish them -- ugh, weird!!

message 41: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (earthmarsha) | 1586 comments I agree, Mich, I was shaking my head too. I don't know what the judges were thinking tonight with some of the people they put through. I think they were all taking Paula's happy pills.

Is it just me, or are half the people in Missouri redheads?

Two things that all prospective contestants should learn from tonight's show -- when your family says how well you sing, your family is lying to you, except when your own mother says you can't sing. If your own mother says you can't sing, YOU CAN'T SING.

message 42: by Meg (new)

Meg (megvt) | 3069 comments Well I wasn't too thrilled with any of them. No one stuck out that as having amazing voices. Is it me or is Simon turning into an obvious letch? The way he is looking at the girls is starting to creep me out.

message 43: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2562 comments Mod
the first good girl that sang the Leona Lewis song by Cowell. I liked her. No one else was a stand out to me except for maybe the little girl that had the grandma story she had a strong voice.
Most of them better enjoy their trip to Hollywood because it's going to be over before it starts.
What the beans is up witht he guy in the hat who sang, I mean yelled Over the Rainbow. And the kid that looked like Whoopie Goldberg in Jumping Jack Flash. I cant believe either of them made it.
I am felt HORRIBLE for the bleach blonde kid's mom. The one that couldnt sing to save his life and his mom didn't support him. I was almost in tears thinking of that poor mom. She tried to talk sense into him and he wouldnt listen and goes and gets squashed on national tv. I could just feel her heart breaking.

message 44: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments I watched both shows this AM - I fast forward thru the bad singers, I don't know why they play more than one of them per episode.

I liked the last performer on each show the best - the blind guy and the girl who was like Fantasia. The guy has such a great vibe, and I loved to hear him play the piano. He almost made me cry playing with such feeling and I thought he sang great too.

The Fantasia girl - I hope her husband is 100% behind her - I got mixed vibes from him. I hope they both do well.

If Michael Johns has a CD coming out, I'll be buying it.

message 45: by Emily (new)

Emily (ejfalke) | 576 comments I need to get David Cook's new CD. I did like Michael Johns last season as well.

I'm happy that all these dads who put singing aside to take care of their families are getting through - the oil rig guy, the welder guy, and the band director guy. I hope they do well!

message 46: by Tera, First Chick (new)

Tera | 2562 comments Mod
I got the same vibe from Lil Rounds husband. I even commented to my mom about how he didn't look all that excited for her. I hope we are both reading him wrong.

message 47: by Allison (new)

Allison (theallisonnelson) | 35 comments was banana man serious?!

I liked the dads last night! The welder was one of my favorites, and I really think the guy whose wife died will go pretty far.

I said the same thing about Lil Rounds husband to my boyfriend last night - you would think he could crack a smile for her or something!

message 48: by Cyndi (new)

Cyndi (chill77) I dvr'd it last night, I didn't make it much past the first girl (who I thought was ok).

message 49: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) | 1445 comments The audition shows are much better IMO if you forward all the junk and get to the singing. I'm looking forward to the shows after the auditions.

message 50: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (earthmarsha) | 1586 comments I think we're all in agreement about Mr. Rounds. He's probably thinking of taking care of those three little kids without her at home. When he carried her through the door, I said to my husband, "I bet they slipped him $100 to do that for the camera."

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12