The Trench discussion

Changing of the guard…

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Servius  Heiner  | 360 comments Mod
Does anyone see any possible silver lining in Obama’s appointments? Never mind the gutting of the intelligence community, the neutering of the military, and billery. I am looking very hard and all I see is comrades.

What are your assessments of the incoming crew?

message 2: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments The questions I would have asked...

Senator Clinton, Sandy Berger plead guilty to stealing and then destroying 9/11 related documents from the National Security Archives.

1, do you know what was on those documents?

2, if you don't know, why don't you ask him?

3, when did you first learn he had stolen the documents?

4, why was he an advisor on your campaign?

message 3: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 467 comments Well I think we have the silver lining now. Obama's been exposed as a liar and fraud. Well, at least to anyone who's paying attention.

I just wonder why nobody in his cabinet can seem to pay their taxes...

I just got done doing my taxes and I was raped in the face. If anyone walks away from doing their taxes without feeling this way then you are not doing it right.

After about 30 minutes with the accountant I have discovered that I work (40) hours a week for uncle sam, and his sticky fingered friends. Granted I work a lot of over time (44hr/ot/per week), but why does my overtime wages get taxed at a higher rate? even the tax guy could answer that one to my satisfaction. I think it has to do with welfare.

yes bullyshit, I don't get it.

message 6: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 467 comments You see, Democrats don't pay taxes. Never have. That's for "the little people". They're govt folk and therefor our superiors.

It's so bad... so blatant that even the press is having to chime in. They can't escape it. Obama's administration is off to one of the worst starts in modern times. Time to start slappin' on those "Don't blame me, I voted for the short white guy" bumper stickers.

message 7: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments message 5: by Not Bill 02/03/2009 10:43PM
Well I think we have the silver lining now. Obama's been exposed as a liar and fraud. Well, at least to anyone who's paying attention.

his approval rating is still around 55%. so all the tools who voted for him are still enraptured. a majority dislike the stimulus package, and many now have a negative view of where the country is headed. but faith in the one is still strong. don't know what sort of reality slap it will take to shake them.

california is probably going to delay paying tax refunds. there may be a work around. defer the refund til next year. and get the payroll department to remove all with holdings from your paycheck.

starve the beast.

message 8: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments i saw that the messiah flew on air force one all the way from washington d.c. to williamsburg virginia.

isn't this what they're criticizing corporate ceos for?

the mccain sticker finally peeled off the back of my bike. probably not woth replacing. i'll wait for the "palin 2012" ones to come out.

I don't know if Palin will run in 12' I think that depends on her continued success with battering the oil field companies; and her "clean energy" plan. Idea being export all our natural gas and oil, use hydro for in state power selling off the reserves to the NW states or Canada.

of course the local lefties are crying because dams destroy ecosystems. perhaps that is true but they carry a smaller impact then coal or gas fired plants so...

message 10: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments of the energy sources we actually know will work, hydroelectric seems the most perfect. what could be simpler than water and gravity?

the opposition shows that the greens don't just hate pollution, they hate civilization.

palin has her problems, but the republicans have a pretty thin farm team system. don't see anyone on the horizon with her presence.

is the new guy gonna post? maybe we should just go through the reviews for the new ann coulter book, and start inviting everyone who gave her 5 stars.

message 11: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 467 comments Time limits...like term limits.

message 12: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments obama's poll numbers are sliding.

anyone know what happens to a narcissist when he realizes no one likes him?

message 13: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments so we have a lurker. that's not the worst thing in the world. let him be.

Sorry vicki, not ignoring you, just haven't spent much time on goodreads lately, I can't seem to look at any thread political or not without getting agitated so I have made myself scarce.

message 15: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments obama has finally reached a place where vapid rhetoric won't cut it anymore. people expect results. and the media that protected him is dying. for the first time in his life, he is going to have people reaally mad at him, with no one to deflect blame on.

should be interesting to watch.

You know I saw something really funny on the daily show yesterday. Some crank wrote a book going on about how newspapers are really popular... it isn't that nobody wants to read what the paper is putting out; it's that people are reading it online instead, so the papers are not making any money. Umm duder, dumb ass you see all those banners and ads lining te pages? every time you visit that page the papers are getting an advertisement royalty jack ass. Nobody is buying subscriptions because the papers and the reporters working for them are full of shit, and people are finally catching on about it. Unless of course you are one that begs for talking points from your preferred propagandist.

message 17: by Varmint (new)

Varmint | 208 comments the greatest bleeding expenses are the costs of the printing, the distribution, and the union workers that dominate both fields. you'd think moving online would be liberating.

newspapers are failing because the news is already a day old. the quality of the writing is poor. and the bias is obscene. ten years from now when the last los angeles times reporter is shutting the office down, and he stubles across the tape of obama having dinner with rashid khalidi, i wonder if he will realize that that was their last chance

message 18: by Not Bill (new)

Not Bill | 467 comments Good one, Varmint. And no, that shlub won't realize -so in the tank and drunk on the Obama Kool-Aid are they.