The Last Templar (Templar, #1) The Last Templar discussion

Made into TV Movie

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristine (new) - added it

Kristine The book has been adapted for the screen, starring Mira Sorvino and Scott Foley. It's going to be shown on NBC. Sun Jan. 25 and Mon. Jan. 26
http://www.nbc.com/the-last-templar/

Ovidiu Sky Interesting. I'd love to see it.

message 3: by Mischelle (new)

Mischelle I saw this movie Sunday and Monday night. It was kind of boring. I bought the book recently at a used book sale and I didn't read it before seeing the movie. Now that I have it, I'll read it soon. Did the movie get close to the book? I hope the book is way better than the NBC movie.

Ovidiu Sky The book is always better that the movie.

Tudor Ciprian I'm not a big fan of the book, but i must say that it was a LOT better (or realistic) than the TV series.. (or at least the first episode; i hated it so much that i didn't want to see the rest).
SPOILER ALERT !!!

Probably the thing that I hated most:
After the raid at the museum, in the book, the protagonist is shown as a normal, scared shitless woman that worries about what could have happend to her daughter if she were going to die (or at least that's how i remember it).
The difference between the book and the first episode is that in the TV series she grabs an artifact from the museum and jumps on a horse, without anybody saying jack shit and goes on chasing down the robbers (who just happens to be four maniacs that are equipped with swords and automatic weapons).