The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > Greetings from Honesdale

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M. (new)

M. (MAndrewSprong) | 4 comments Greetings from the home of our nation's first steam locomotive, the Stourbridge Lion. I am a disabled writer and avid consumer of what is written. I've been writing for years, but this winter was my first real attempt to get publish -- and guess what... It happened!

Elizabeth of Silver's Reviews (silversreviews) M. Andrew wrote: "Greetings from the home of our nation's first steam locomotive, the Stourbridge Lion. I am a disabled writer and avid consumer of what is written. I've been writing for years, but this winter was..."

Congratulations, M. Andrew...who is your publisher?

That has to be so exciting...are you announcing the name of the book?

message 3: by M. (new)

M. (MAndrewSprong) | 4 comments The book is titled "Haley Cork and the Blue Door" published by Honesdale Eagle publishing. ISBN 144047513X on Amazon

message 4: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Welcome Andrew! What is the book about?

message 5: by Hayes (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Andrew, welcome and happy reading, and happy writing!!

message 6: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10087 comments Mod
Hi Andrew and thanks for joining! Congrats on being published!

message 7: by M. (new)

M. (MAndrewSprong) | 4 comments It is about a girl whose father and most of the men in her world are destroyed by a bomb on the other side of her world. She is called by an ancient artifact to fight against the killer and is embroiled in an ancient battle against an immortal and ruthless enemy. She must grow up fast, abandon her childhood, and embrace the role of Keeper -- guardian of millions of colonized worlds. Will she retain her humanity or will she become consumed by the machines meant to protect humanity?

Petra hugged a guy who got Covid next day. Oh dear (petra-x) Hi Andrew, welcome. Congrats on being published. I thought you meant UK, when you said 'our nation' as I know Stourbridge quite well. So I looked up "Stourbridge Lion" and ended up on an industrial manufacturing page! Not as interesting as a locomotive at all.

message 9: by Fenixbird (new)

Fenixbird SandS | 403 comments Hi, M. Andrew! Awesome plot...kind of almost a Scifi vividness to it! History (truth) is often stranger than fiction they say!

message 10: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 997 comments hello,
I've been out of town for a few days and not on the board - just wanted to welcome you to the group!

message 11: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Andrew, Welcome to the group and congratulations on your book being published.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome to the group! :)