Ballet Dancers discussion

Dance > What you LOVE about ballet

Comments Showing 1-47 of 47 (47 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Izzy (new)

Izzy (qwertyuiop) | 165 comments Mod
Write anything you Love about ballet!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate | 15 comments the feeling of accomplishment!

Alice Cullen ( Madison ) | 34 comments just having fun and improving my skills

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate | 15 comments yah

message 5: by Izzy (new)

Doing a show or performance

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate | 15 comments ooooooh yah!!!!

Alice Cullen ( Madison ) | 34 comments I LIKE THAT ONE TOO

message 8: by evie (new)

evie all of the above

message 9: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Morrow (SCMorrow) | 162 comments costumes, lifts with guys :), and getting stronger

message 10: by •Clara• (new)

•Clara• T | 9 comments what savannah said and i actually kind of like sweating. it makes me feel like i've really improved.

message 11: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Morrow (SCMorrow) | 162 comments I agree... I love the rehersals too, I know that might sound nerdy, but I love seeing the entire performance coming together!

message 12: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 120 comments I love pointe, because it makes me feel as if I am on top of the world. I love classes so much, because I can improve my skill. I love when the choreograogher comes. He is so much fun to work with, he is always up and ready to teach us a whole ballet in a weekend, and we are ready for it.

message 13: by Isabella (new)

Isabella | 11 comments i love doing performances

message 14: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 120 comments Performances are really fun, and exciting!!!

message 15: by Isabella (new)

Isabella | 11 comments ya, i've done the Nutcracker like 5 times and it's always really fun

message 16: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 120 comments I love the excitment of Nutcracker!!!

message 17: by Isabella (new)

Isabella | 11 comments me to

message 18: by Izzy (new)

the nutcracker rocks!

message 19: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Morrow (SCMorrow) | 162 comments I love all the character dances in that too! like the coffee and spanish!

message 20: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 120 comments I can't wait for Nutcracker!!!

message 21: by Izzy (new)

me 2

message 22: by •Clara• (new)

•Clara• T | 9 comments this year in the nutctacker, i'm going to be sugar plum fairy solo, chinese solo, and arabian solo.

message 23: by Savannah (new)

Savannah Morrow (SCMorrow) | 162 comments holy cow! that's a lot of choreography to memorize! We're doing Sleeping Beauty in 1/2 a month and the girl who is Aurora is sharing the role with one of the teacher's because the role has so much weight and stress.

message 24: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 120 comments Clara, that is totally great!!! At our ballet we get professionals to do that, you must be really good!!!

message 25: by Izzy (new)

ya the same at our studio. how old r u? u must be amazing!

message 26: by Izzy (new)

Isabella wrote: "ya, i've done the Nutcracker like 5 times and it's always really fun"
did u do it at ur old school?

message 27: by Alice Cullen ( Madison ) (last edited Mar 07, 2009 06:24PM) (new)

Alice Cullen ( Madison ) | 34 comments i did the Nutcracker 5 times too. on saturday and sunday (march 14 and 15) we are performing la Boutique! it is about a doll store that comes to life.

message 28: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 120 comments Sounds fun!!

message 29: by Izzy (new)

ya ttly!

message 31: by Milana (new)

Milana (tutuintopointe) | 120 comments cool.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

I love to dance and do ballet and ponite... love everything about it!

message 33: by Kendall Anne (new)

Kendall Anne (dance4life) | 120 comments Yup, its great!!

message 34: by Fiona (new)

Fiona | 10 comments I love the beautiful flowing feeling it gives you.

message 35: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Danfora (ladyeramere) | 3 comments I love ballet because 1) it lets you forget everything else (i have tons of school and often need to forget about it) and just dance, and 2) it's great exercise. Also, I love performing and telling a story the audience doesn't necessarily know without speaking--it's amazing how much you can say with a the slightest porte de bras! Plus, with performing, you get a chance to dance with cute guys :D.

message 36: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Carney | 1 comments I stick to the classics in life and ergo ballet is my favourite style. I love improving, the feeling that comes from absolutely nailing it and that my pointe shoes have been given names :P and one of the guys that I dance with is really sweet.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

I love my pointe shoes, they are my children haha, and I love choreographing! It makes me feel so empowered and like I can do anything!

message 38: by Grace (new)

Grace | 5 comments I love that you can express yourself during dancing and no one cares!

message 39: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay | 10 comments Pirouettes, splits, grand battement, turns, everything!!!!!

message 40: by Christina (new)

Christina (snickerdoodle2529) | 9 comments Mostly jumps (I hate turns) but I'm also really flexible so I like showing that off :) I also love choreographing.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ Everything! Especially when I've finally accomplished something I haven't been able to do.

message 42: by ➳Halina➳ (new)

➳Halina➳ Shows/Production. Plus I just love it. It's definitely what I want to do for a living

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ Same, either that, or I might want to be an architect. I don't really know yet.

message 44: by ➳Halina➳ (last edited Jun 12, 2014 03:06PM) (new)

➳Halina➳ I've always been certain that I want to do ballet. Or contemporary. From what I've seen. (I MIGHT BE TAKING CONTEMPORARY IN THE FALL!) If I can't do that, I'll be a writer. I'll probably to both. Like, write in my spare time.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ Really?! Me too! Awesome! And yeah, if I write, it'll probably just be for fun. Not anything to publish or anything.

message 46: by ➳Halina➳ (last edited Jun 12, 2014 03:13PM) (new)

➳Halina➳ Yay! And I may get something published if I like it. I've actually considered being an architect before. (I want to do interior design) I thought it would be cool when I heard my uncle was one. But, idk. I want to be a dancer. I wrote this essay that won me a hundred dollar scholarship about how I want to be dancer and why I love dance. It was really funny b/c my friend entered the contest, too, and we were like "I hope we both win." (There were two scholorships for our age.) and then we both ended up winning.

ʟ ᴀ ᴜ ʀ ᴀ Haha, that's awesome!