FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Thread Graveyard > Weigh-In: week of January 12, 2009

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod

That's down from 178 last week. But I haven't been weighing at a consistent time, so I'm not married to the idea of a 3 lb loss. Just tracking to be tracking.

message 2: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) That's awesome Amanda! Congrats! See you had nothing to fear from the Beer!

message 3: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Well the official WW weigh ins are back on track... Saturday checked in at 269.8 down 37.6 overall!!!

Back to where I was at the beginning of December and then some!

Of course immediately after this, I came down with a stomach virus and I think by the time all is said and done, I will have dropped another 3-5lbs this week because of that alone... sigh... not a fun way to do it

message 4: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony Great work, Trudes!

Some people would KILL for a stomach virus!

:)

message 5: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) I was kind of wishing yesterday that it was a little closer to the end of one of the Biggest Loser cycles... sick, sick, sick... lol

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Petunia, I love it--Don't Fear the Beer!

I'm laughing at that virus talk. Yeah... Sick, sick, sick is right! hee hee hee Hey, silver lining, right?

message 7: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) I found out two people from work ended up in the Emergency Room from this - dehydration... yikes... I guess I was lucky since I have been drinking my fully daily amount and then some it probably saved me from that. I have to say "hubby" was good through it all... except for when he was making me laugh... man, that hurt my stomach!

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Yes! Fluids are vital!
My roomie was sick last week and she looked up something on Web MD or whatever, and I'll never forget hearing her say, "Oh, I should be drinking something!" Like it was some kind of epiphany or something. I had no idea that there are people who didn't know that when you're sick you MUST drink. Even if it hurts.

message 9: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Congrats on your weight loss Trudy! Awesome! Sorry to hear about the virus. I know there is nasty stuff going around! Drink lots of fluids! But no beer for you!

message 10: by GraceAnne (new)

GraceAnne Tremain | 14 comments My percent loss for the first week was 2.62%

mary elizabeth  Williams hi all, my weekly weigh in... hmm....
well i will say i had a particularly hard day at work on saturday. they are always giving us free food, and i get bored, so i eat. i also tried a little experiment where i decided to eat as much as i wanted and not worry about it that day. big mistake, total binge, really sick... blah... blah... blah... you know the story. i am left wondering why my brain wants to eat when i am already way past full, and at the point of getting sick, but why is my mind telling me that i really want that chocolate donut?
anyway, i was up 6 pounds on monday, but then lost 3 tuesday morning. so net, i am up three. who knows what tomorrow will bring.

message 12: by mary elizabeth (last edited Jan 13, 2009 04:25PM) (new)

mary elizabeth  Williams GraceAnne wrote: "My percent loss for the first week was 2.62%

"

whoa! thats like a biggest loser percentage! keep doing whatever you are doing!

message 13: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) That is a great start GraceAnne...

message 14: by GraceAnne (new)

GraceAnne Tremain | 14 comments We are having a biggest loser competion with my family. My 2.62% was nothing, although I was happy with it. My brother won the first week with 4.59%. I have a lot of catching up to do this week.

message 15: by Amanda (new)

GraceAnne--ROCK!!!!!

Beth--hmmm... A conundrum. I don't understand our brains, and unfortunately, I don't thing the scientists do either.

Bingeing for me is like a free-fall. You get to the top of the roller coaster and you know you have zero control, so you just let the free fall happen and it feels wild!!! (Like Johnny Castle wild!) However, unlike a free fall, bingeing only brings regret in the end. It's vicious. And kinda scary when you think about it. :(

message 16: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) GraceAnne- Congrats on your weight loss.

I stayed the same this week. No loss, no gain. I've been working out a helluva lot. But as I review my diary, there were some days that I went over my calories. Live and learn, it's all a process and life change.

message 17: by Amanda (new)

You're exactly right! Live and learn! :) I need to think like that... Good call, P.

message 18: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) I have to keep reminding myself... it's not a contest... it's not a diet... it's a lifestyle change... it takes time!