Drizzt Do Urden discussion

politics

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Olin (new)

Olin | 113 comments Drizzt-republicain or democrat?

message 2: by Brian (new)

Brian (Fantasyaddict) | 14 comments Independent, I think, if time allows, he would like to listen to both sides of an argument before he makes a decision on who he slices up. LoL

message 3: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Haha! I agree with Brian there.

message 4: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 18 comments Not a Chicago democrat a la Rob Blagojevich, that's for sure. He's one of those that Drizzt would cut up and ask questions later. :)

message 5: by Brian (new)

Brian (Fantasyaddict) | 14 comments Well, you definitly wouldn't want to send Drizzt to Washington to clean out all the corruption. There would be hardly anyone left to run the government. Maybe a few of the new reps might survive but most everyone who has been there for more than a couple of years is toast, or when Drizzt is done with them, croutons.

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 18 comments So if you actually break it down--
*Drizzt is pro-life for everyone unless you are trying to kill other people (who am I to kill someone just for being different?)
*He is not a fan of overbearing central government structures (a la Menzoberranzen's ruling house)
*He works hard in his community, wherever that may be.

DRIZZT IS A COP! :P

message 7: by Olin (new)

Olin | 113 comments LOL!

message 8: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Haha, close enough I think.

message 9: by Brian (new)

Brian (Fantasyaddict) | 14 comments Yea, I could see that. But I bet he would be more than just a beat cop. SWAT maybe.

message 10: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 13 comments Olin wrote: "Drizzt-republicain or democrat?"

A nature lover that does not mind paying his dues. I think Democrat.

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 48 comments he's green party

message 12: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 13 comments my name matters not wrote: "he's green party"

I think you are on to something here. Educated by a blind ranger and accepted by a unicorn.

Does anyone else think the unicorn part was simply a request from the publisher? It seemed to be part of some formula instead of what the R.A. Salvatore would normally write about.

message 13: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Well... Forgotten realms have their own types of gods, and Meilikki is the goddess of... what was it? Forest? Something like that, and her symbol was of a Unicorn.

message 14: by Olin (new)

Olin | 113 comments well he is a dark farie...

message 15: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Dark farie? You mean elf?

message 16: by Olin (new)

Olin | 113 comments nevermind

message 17: by Kathy (last edited Feb 07, 2009 08:13PM) (new)

Kathy | 18 comments I like the Green party comment. But somehow I can't picture Drizzt and Ralph Nader on the same stage.

There are plenty of tree-hugging Dems. I live near Madison, WI. Trust me, a significant number of them live there. :)

I definitely wouldn't say libertarian. Throw that one out.

message 18: by Kataury (new)

Kataury So... what does that leave?

message 19: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 18 comments Dem or Green Party, I think.

There may be some argument for Republican from others, but not me.

message 20: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Not republican definitely...

message 21: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 13 comments Kataury wrote: "Not republican definitely..."

The only argument for being a Repub that I can think of is his pro-life for some and not for others stance. Maybe a fundamentalist break off from the Green Party. Perhaps the Earth Liberation Front (ELF)?

message 22: by Kataury (new)

Kataury haha! That was funny,

message 23: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 18 comments Sheesh, Drizzt isn't a terrorist, or am I confusing with PETA or some other such thing?

message 24: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Peta is such a joke, I remember when a bunch of members were against mars candies so they go to practically every group and post about it. It was rather irritating.

message 25: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 18 comments Yeah, did you see the PETA Super Bowl commercial that wasn't?

Sure, don't kill animals, but use women as sex objects. THAT'S really progressive thinking, there.

message 26: by Kataury (new)

Kataury I don't know, didn't watch the superbowl, don't watch T.V., don't have cable or channels for that matter.

message 27: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 18 comments To be informed, if you want, the link is here: http://www.peta.org/content/standalon...

message 28: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Are you kidding? That's insane! There's also an add that Peta did that said that 'your mother is an animal killer' and it has this betty crocker mom with a knife stabbing a rabbit with blood and guts everywhere. How's that for advertisement?

message 29: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 18 comments See what I mean??? These people are whacked in the head.

message 30: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 18 comments No way is Drizzt an ELF member.

message 31: by Brian (new)

Brian (Fantasyaddict) | 14 comments I beleive Drizzt to be an independent thinker and natural born leader, so I don't know that he would be following any of these corrupt political entities.

message 32: by Kataury (new)

Kataury I wouldn't think of him as a leader... something else.

message 33: by Bradley (new)

Bradley | 9 comments Drizzt told me he did not watch the superbowl. Something about too busy flirting with Cattabrie or somethin... =)

message 34: by Michael (new)

Michael Dolan | 48 comments Kataury wrote: "I don't know, didn't watch the superbowl, don't watch T.V., don't have cable or channels for that matter."

cool, i don't either

message 35: by Brian (new)

Brian (Fantasyaddict) | 14 comments you're probably right Kat, but it sounded so good when I wrote it, maybe free spirit would be more appropriate.

message 36: by Kataury (new)

Kataury Like a ranger...

message 37: by Olin (new)

Olin | 113 comments yeah somethin like that!

message 38: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Draganov (darthsparhawk) Democrat, for sure! He loves nature and is not one to judge people by their appearance :)

message 39: by Okie (new)

Okie (OkieCavies) I'd like to think he'd be more than a little disgusted with all political parties, and congress in general. I don't think he'd appreciate their greed and selfish ambition. I think he'd be upset that they were not being more mindful of their responsibility to the people.

message 40: by Alexander (new)

Alexander Draganov (darthsparhawk) He won't be terribly surprised, though :)

message 41: by Kataury (new)

Kataury meh, I think he'd be indifferent to it all, he never really involved himself in the political world, he was more interested in adventures.

message 42: by Okie (new)

Okie (OkieCavies) Kataury wrote: "meh, I think he'd be indifferent to it all, he never really involved himself in the political world, he was more interested in adventures."
You make a good point. Living for centuries probably puts a different spin on things. ;-)