FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Thread Graveyard > new member;semi-new mom

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (goosers34) hey I am introducing myself. Sarah, mother of two soon to be three. so as you can conclude I won't be actively "dieting" until March. but can't wait to join you all then! I gained 60-70 lbs with each baby and refuse to be a mother who says she still has 10 lbs of "babyweight" to lose when my kids are teenagers. I want to run and play and wrestle with my active boys and not get winded doing it.

I like cooking.....with butter and cheese and pasta. I LOVE baking....everyday all day. something new for the cookie jar and no boxed brownies for me.

so it might be hard losing the 50+ lbs I have gained thus far (with two more months to go...ouch) but I will do it with y'all's support!

message 2: by Angelica (last edited Jan 11, 2009 04:38PM) (new)

Angelica (angelica221) Hey welcome Sarah,
You'll have fun here.

message 3: by Marsha (new)

Marsha (earthmarsha) Yeah, Sarah, butter tastes wonderful. It's tough to give up, and some times you just need a piece of toast with real butter, but for cooking, good quality olive oil adds flavor, too. Not in baking, of course! I don't bake too often, because I cannot resist baked goods when they're in the house, but when I do, I generally bake things my husband likes and I can resist. He loves bread pudding, and I don't, so I made him a big one on Friday, just to use up the leftover eggnog from the holidays. Okay, I did taste it when it was warm, but I've left it alone since then!

message 4: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Welcome Sarah!!! Congrats on baby number 3... Do you know if it is another boy or will you be surprized? : )

What is your "plan" for post baby dieting?

Any time you want to swap recipes, I'm in!!! I love baking too... That tends to be the one area that I don't try to "lighten up." Rather have a smaller portion of the good stuff! Although there is a recipe for Chocolate Raspberry Tortes from a WW book that is to die for... hmmm... going to have to find that one to post!

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
Sarah, YAY! I'm so glad you joined. The more the merrier, babycakes! :)

Kitty Tomlinson | 1 comments Hi, Just joined this group in the hopes of support that will help motivate me to be aware of what I put into my mouth and to make better choices so that I can become not just slimmer but healthier.

message 7: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (goosers34) Trudy, my third is a boy.

my MIL has had alot of luck on WW core program. the list of foods you can eat any amount of without limit. plus the 35 bonus points. because I will be cooking for four other people, I feel like that one will be easier to follow. and as for dessert, I love the "3 bite rule." one bite taste great, second bite is just a memory of the first bite and bite #3 is to satisfy your need for the treat. after that you are eating just to eat. If you have will-power, it works.

as far as recipes go, i will defintely be posting few. especially because I love to tweek the good ones from all my "diet" cookbooks. South Beach, Sonoma, and Atkins all have good recipes that fall into the WW or other styled plans.

thanks for the support everyone!

message 8: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) Well, I am not going to burst your WW bubble... but hang onto the "old" Core books. They have changed the program this year. Not a major change, but they kind of combined the Points and Core plans to make their new Momentum plan.

Layman's Summary: The basis of the Core plan is what they now call "Filling Foods." So now they are encouraging people that were on the old points program to still count points but eat morer Filling Foods (a lot of the old Core items) and people that were on the old Core are being encouraged to count points.

There is a book in about week 5 that gives Core junkies back the option of not counting, but I haven't gotten that far yet. The old program works, obviously, but they revamp every year or so...

message 9: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) And I love the 3 bite rule... I am going to have to remember that!

message 10: by Amanda (new)

Yeah, man. Combine three bites with eating slowly and it sounds like an awesome technique!!!

message 11: by Amanda (new)

Hey, Kitty!!! It's been a few days since you joined. How's it going? :)