This is not The Haters Club You're Looking For discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
I hate how I am sexist.

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I am going to go play chess with my friend Michael right now. I am grappling with letting him win. His self-esteem is kind of low and I don't want him to lose to a girl! He thinks that I think he's stupid, anyway (it's true that he's not as smart as most of the guys I know).

Servius  Heiner I concur.

Servius  Heiner see you even coddle your friends ;)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

He started talking smack, so I beat him on the first game. He was stunned and also a little shaken. He beat me the next two, though. He accused me of letting him win, but I really didn't. I'll never let anyone win who starts talking shit. And I let him have it when he acted upset that a girl beat him.

I guess I'm not sexist, after all.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Plus, Nick, maybe I'm a coddler, but I was feeling nervous about it because I've recently hurt this guy's feelings. He's sort of fragile. As soon as he started smack-talking, though, I just wanted to cream him.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Really, Bunny? Because can't you feel badly if you do something or treat someone in a way that hurts his or her feelings? Everyone keeps telling me to not feel bad about this guy, but I do! I feel responsible for hurting his feelings! But then I think, no, he made his own decisions. Hmm...at least he beat me fair and square after I beat him. He seemed really happy, which felt nice.

Servius  Heiner If he is that sensitive, then he needs to go to one of those doctors and have his little man chopped off and stuffed in the bum bum.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Because everybody needs to be like you, right Nick? Except for if every guy was like you, the human population would die out. Maybe you don't have a paternal instinct, but I DO have a maternal instinct and it transfers over to other people because I have no offspring. It's just biology! Get off my back!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes, you're right. I just like to take on guilt and also feel like a bad person. I'll stop that, now.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Wise Bunny.

Servius  Heiner I still say dude should loose his bean bags.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Yeah, the thing is, I like for people to never get hurt or offended by me because then they think LESS of me, which is hard to take. I like for them to just associate me with pleasure. ;)

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay, Nick, he's not that sensitive. Geesh. He just got his feelings hurt a little. That's allowed for men, right?! You want to castrate him for FEELING? You're a cuckoo.

Servius  Heiner so does that mean your going to practice the hug thing?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I told you that I hug my friends. Yes, he hugs. He didn't try to poke my eyes out, even.

Servius  Heiner More evidence that he is too sensitive. No more boohooing about the guys you hang out with being dumb in the affection department.

A good poke in the eye after a hug adds just the right effect.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

And what of your wife, Nick? Does she get hugs? Or do you only poke her?

Servius  Heiner My wife gets all kinds of things... but were not talking about my wife, were talking about yer weak ass not man friend. Stop deflecting you do that a lot.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I just have to point out the holes in your logic. You act like hugging is horrible, but you do it. You hug your dog and your wife. But anyone else who hugs is weak!

((((((((((Nick)))))))))) That was a SuperSqueeze™ .

Servius  Heiner AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!! It hurts... someone make the friendly lady stop!

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

It's my way of being evil. We can't all express it in the same way.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm noting a few things here Montambo...

1. I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the reason why Nick is offering the 'gift of castration' is because he's raising the fair point that Michael's already presented himself as a eunuch by being such a sad-ass, whimpering, milktoast.

2. You're letting him win because he's a guy? WOW. There's some pretty strong evidence for that since I don't believe you've beaten me yet on the board and that does lend credence to your "I don't want him to lose to a girl!'argument!

3. However, considering your past record of chess victories against yours truly Sarah?....

I'd say he's in pretty safe hands. Let him have it!!

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 12, 2009 11:59AM) (new)

1. Hey Steve, Mr. Tough Talker: as if you're NOT sensitive in the ways of love? BULLSHIT!

2. I meant "a guy who I hurt last week because I don't love him that way."

3. I let you win because I'm a girl. ;)

Servius  Heiner You raise good point Sir. But my reasoning is a bit deeper then that.

Disclaimer* I know by stating the following I am opening myself up to assault from Donna, But I believe it so...

My point is not only is he a sad ass, but he is a sad ass because he has no male traits (from my limited knowledge of him that is) wail at the same time being endowed with a fleshy patch of skin that is suppose to contain testicals.

Some would argue that utilizing “male” traits is nothing more then social programming. I disagree of course; I think men and women think and act differently. I have seen this time and time again in the world around me.

Take 6 women and 6 men, present them with the same problem and you are sure to get 12 different solutions. But there will be similarities between 6 pending on the perspective of the observer. I have noticed this every time I have witnessed a group problem in many different countries.

There are certain traits that men have that are universal, and there are traits that are universal to woman. Sure there is some social indoctrination on preferences but the core traits remain universal.

There is a movement in this country that is trying to wash away “male” traits. Your friend there is the result. What I find humorous about it, is how hard you push for the change, and then fret about the results. Sure if you shave a dog it is still a dog, but who wants to snuggle with it?

But Nick what does this have to do with the chess game? Montambo, his sad state was altering your sportsmanship. You knew he was a pansy and that was affecting your game play. This is probably why you lost the first set.

Additionally from all of our conversations (both public and private) you seem to surround your self with these flimsy characters and then complain about it. I’m sure Michele is a fine person, but he is also a by-product of Fem-Nazi indoctrination. He is in need of a good dose of football and pole dancers.

*After thought: I am now wondering if mumbles has been fem-inated.

message 25: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 12, 2009 12:02PM) (new)

but he is a sad ass because he has no male traits

He is VERY manly!!! You have no idea what you're talking about. He's a steel worker! He has arms like cannons! He watches sports! He smells like soap! So shut up!

You knew he was a pansy and that was affecting your game play. This is probably why you lost the first set.

Actually, I won the first game.

Servius  Heiner Working in the steel industry doesn't make him a manly man, watching sports doesn't make him a manly man (I know plenty of women that watch sports on this very site so...) He still lacks manly traits, and his fragile emotions are the bulls-eye. Like I said I know nothing else about him, but his porcelain emotions are enough, he needs to suck it up.

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

"*After thought: I am now wondering if mumbles has been fem-inated."

Nick: F*ck no, Man!! I hate women to the max! If anything, that's one of the main reasons why I work out at the gym on a regular basis, listen to incredible amounts of disco, polish my cooking skills and hey....what're you doin' later?

Servius  Heiner ::takes a few steps back::

Eh, so um... how about them Bears? Manning played pretty shitty yesterday huh... eww look at the rack on that one!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

This would be a good time for Nick to buy Steve that drink he owes him.

Servius  Heiner I would be glad to comply... If someone would explain to me how to do that exactly...

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

USPS with delivery confirmation. It's in your inbox.

Servius  Heiner I got what I needed, your victory swill will be on its way shortly.

message 33: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Steve wrote: ""*After thought: I am now wondering if mumbles has been fem-inated."

Nick: F*ck no, Man!! I hate women to the max! If anything, that's one of the main reasons why I work out at the gym on a regu..."

OOOOO!!OOO!! ME PICK ME! I'M FREE! I'M FREE!

PS Marty and I went to a really good greek place yesterday. A bottle of wine is only 25 (which is cheap for most restaurants here).

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Did you just mention your wife so that we would know you aren't actually gay despite your Steve flirting?! Hahahah!

message 35: by Daniel (new)

Daniel Montambo wrote: "Did you just mention your wife so that we would know you aren't actually gay despite your Steve flirting?! Hahahah!"

She knows nothing about our man love. She's there so's i can make the babies.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

That's sweet.

message 37: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Tambo, I need your help. I don't let ten-year-olds beat me at chess. In therapy sessions. I'll lend you a little "I don't bow to nobody" if you'll lend me a little "he oughta beat me, it'd be therapeutic"...

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

Deal.

I actually don't let my students beat me, either. If they beat me (2 this year, so far), it's the real thing.

message 39: by EvilNick (new)

EvilNick I always like to beat people, sometimes even when they don't win.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.