The Next Best Book Club discussion

Other Novels To Discuss > The Thirteenth Tale

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Terri (new)

Terri I finished this book this morning and thought it was amazing!
Anybody read it and if so, what did you think of it?

message 2: by Christy (new)

Christy | 181 comments It was one of my favorite books that I read in 2008. It was different from anything I've read before and I didn't have it all figured out by the end. It was amazing!

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelsessum) | 856 comments I read this book when it first came out and I loved it. I keep hoping that she will write another!

message 4: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Loved it!
This one is a must-have for all book lovers.

message 5: by Pam (new)

Pam (pammylee76) i wasn't so sure i'd like it, but i really enjoyed the book!

message 6: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachelsessum) | 856 comments I know that it wasn't at all what I expected. It was a really fresh take on the mystery genre. It's nice sometimes when the protagonist isn't a detective in a fedora, smoking like a chimney and cussing like a sailor. It was a great surprise, especially since this is her first novel.

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) Im currently reading this and its a great book. It is a story within a story.

JG (Introverted Reader) There's already a thread for this book here. There are lots of interesting comments over there, if you're interested.

message 9: by April (new)

April (booksandwine) | 954 comments I just ordered this book off amazon and cannot wait to read it!!

message 10: by Caitlin (new)

Caitlin Lillie (kiwibookworm) | 33 comments I loved that book so much, even though I can't remember most of it now, only little images. I just remember reading it late at night because I didn't want to put it down.

message 11: by Jane (new)

Jane | 221 comments I read this a few years ago and I thought it was amazing. I'm so glad that so many others agree.

message 12: by Diane (new)

Diane Chamberlain (dianechamberlain) | 3 comments I read this book a few years ago and then again more recently for my neighborhood book club. It was one of my favorites of recent years. I loved the 'uniqueness' of the story and the structure. Our club voted it as one of our favorites out of the zillions we've read.

message 13: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) For me it was a 3-star read

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I really enjoyed this book. I found the twist at the end great, and had no clue as to how it would all come out.