College Students! discussion

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bree (new)

Bree (breezybaby) | 144 comments does anyone else make book goals for themselves for the year?

I'm going to be busy this school year..but I am going to try and read 50 books in 2009.

message 2: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
i try to sometimes. i haven't this year for some reason. i should make some goals.

good topic though! i can't wait to hear everyone's goals!

message 3: by Caiti Casey (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) My goal is to just be reading a book within two weeks. Sometimes I just put books down because I'm so busy but I would like to make time for me to just read once a week.

message 4: by Justine (new)

Justine (paperbackheart) My goal is to read 200 books this year. I read 51 books between October 16 and December 31 2008, so I think I'll be okay.

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn My goal is kinda like Caiti's.. I just want to make time in the week where I can read a non-school book. I know I could probably find some time if I had better time management skills. I think school makes me so unhealthy with all the stress and such and my spiritual director said it would be good for me to set aside ME TIME (I told her "Oh, but I'll feel so guilty!" And she was like "Put my voice in your head saying you HAVE to do it! Then you won't feel guilty." Oh I love her.. she's this really sweet old nun :]

message 6: by Caiti Casey (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) Justine I so wish I could read as fast and often as you. I always see that your reading different books and get somewhat jealous.

message 7: by Caiti Casey (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) Cute Lynn. I think we all need someone like that! I have issues with setting aside me time too. Up for yet another support group? Hahaha so kidding, we don't want a support group for every little thing on here that would be crazy bag lady crazy.

message 8: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
I know..i'm with you Caiti..i am so envious of Justine! I wish i read that much!! How do you find time Justine?? I need your plan haha! :)

message 9: by Caiti Casey (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) Dude my dad skim reads and he can finish a book in like two days. And he works non-stop at his job and fixes our house. I don't know how he does, he also doesn't obtain all the facts though.

message 10: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 143 comments i used to hate reading for the longest time and just recently got back into it. I don't read much because i really don't have time..so i think i'm going to make a small goal..which is to read all the group reads for this group each month.

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (readerandwriter) To not buy anymore books until I make a dent into my bookshelf or get all those books read.

message 12: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (spencerafreeman) Caiti, don't feel bad about wanting another support group... it doesn't make you crazy... that's why we're all here :)
I don't really have any book goals, but I guess just to keep reading. Since getting out of school I've read nonstop, but that was because I didn't have a job. Now that I have one and I plan on going to grad school, I want to make sure I keep reading once my schedule gets somewhat busy again.

message 13: by Heather (new)

Heather (andshewontsleep) | 278 comments This is the third year in a row that I'll be trying to read 50 books in the year. I've just barely made it the last 2 years, but this year I've gotten a good start, so I'm hoping I'll be able to read more than that.

message 14: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (misslaurenwilk) | 425 comments I don't really care to have any book goals. I just read when I read.

message 15: by Lori, The Over-Caffeinated Coffee Girl (new)

Lori Walker | 2109 comments Mod
My goal is to read 60 this year. And to not buy any more books (unless they're must. have. now. book club books) until the summer and maybe even longer.

message 16: by Justine (new)

Justine (paperbackheart) I'm not in school anymore, so I have tons more time than a lot of people. I get off work early in the afternoon and then have hours straight where I can do nothing but read if I want. I wish I would do other things!
I really push myself to read this much. I'm doing 101 Things in 1001 Days (like 43Things, but more and in a set time span). One of my things is to read 300 books I haven't read. Last year I only read 85 apparently (I think this is way way wrong) so by September 30, 2010 I need to be finished. I'll slow down next year when I only have 15 left...

message 17: by Lori, The Over-Caffeinated Coffee Girl (new)

Justine, Quit bragging about not being in school and have tons of free time to read. It's just not nice. ;)

message 18: by Caiti Casey (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) I agree!

message 19: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (chamilton12) I would like to read 50 books in 2009. It was my same goal in 2008 but I missed it by 3 books. Ugh! I'm off to a good start this year so we'll see! :)

message 20: by Justine (new)

Justine (paperbackheart) I'm sorry I'm sorry! Sheesh you guys wanted to know....haha.

message 21: by Lori, The Over-Caffeinated Coffee Girl (new)

Unfortunately, I don't see myself being able to read much until the summer. But when I get there, look out buddy! I don't know...maybe when the semester gets going and I'm used to a routine I'll get some reading done. Right now it looks like my only opportunities to read will come from showing up to class very very early and sitting in the hall.