College Students! discussion

Life (Non-college/book talk) > profile picture

Comments Showing 1-50 of 157 (157 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Bree (new)

Bree (breezybaby) | 144 comments I like looking at peoples profiles pictures when i'm friends with them..and I always wonder the reasoning behind them..like if you have a picture of yourself..what was it from? why did you pick it? or if it isn't a picture of you..what does it represent about you?

So..what about you girls..?

My profile picture is of a model on the runway..because i'm obsessed with models and fashion.

message 2: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 4407 comments Mod
ooh i like this topic as i am a compulsive profile picture changer. haha.

i tend to pick mine on my mood..like for a while i kept putting pictures up of me in Europe because i really wanted to go back and have an adventure or something. i missed it.

right now..mine is 2 summers ago..it was a perfect summer day in my favorite little summer dress. :)
i've been so blah about the weather that i wanted something that reminded me of summer.

message 3: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

mm Vin Diesel :)
he's not my type of guy..but there is something about him that is really hot! haha

message 4: by Caiti Casey (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) Mine is a picture of me and my boyfriend on our way to prom in '06. I think. I love it because we both like to dress up.

message 5: by Lynn (new)

Lynn right now mine's a picture of Eloise and her pug, Weenie. I love the Eloise books. idk why.. she's just so cosmopolitan for a 6 year old! haha. Living at the Plaza is definitely an exotic journey for a country girl like me. I think it's also b/c deep down I'm really just a 6 or 7 year old pretending to be older. I also love Hilary Knight's illustrations. So posh and funny at the same time.

message 6: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments Mine is just me being a dork. It was in my dorm in my second year of college. I think it's just fun and silly like I am.

message 7: by Katerina (new)

Katerina | 252 comments mine is of a starfish because i just love the beach!

message 8: by Heather (new)

Heather (andshewontsleep) | 278 comments Right now mine is a picture of me reading at the park over the summer. I miss those summer days reading outside!

message 9: by Silvia (new)

Silvia (silverware) | 436 comments Oh that's a fun topic Bree. My pic was taken at my friend Harneet's engagement party. It was an Indian engagement party and I was the only one not wearing a sari.

My boyfriend took the picture. I like it because Im smiling genuinely towards him.

message 10: by Janet (new)

Janet Mine is just a cartoon picture of a girl trying to catch snowflakes on her tongue. I just liked it because it's winter and snowy here and I like snow! Just changed it for the season really.

message 11: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberlywithat) | 2140 comments Mine is just a picture of me that my mom took when we were riding the frontrunner (its a commuter train we have here in Utah) on our way to a Jazz game. I'm not always the most photogenic person, and I like this picture because it turned out really cute!

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Wilkerson (misslaurenwilk) | 425 comments Mine is me relaxing outside where it looks like Florida because of the palm trees, but it's really just here in Kentucky by a plant on a friend's porch. Haha. I choose this one because I'm cheesing really bad and I think it's funny!

message 13: by Tami (new)

Tami | 3103 comments Mod
Mine will probably always be some type of Great Dane. I love those dogs, but my yard isn't fully fenced to actually have one. :(
I am also into celebrating all holidays so if I can find a pic that has a holiday theme, that is a bonus.

message 14: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (JaymeLyn) mine's one of my engagements pictures i took last year with my future husband :)

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

my profile pic is of keither sutherland because i am obessed with 24, and sometimes i add different ones to prepare for a new show or a football game or something like that

message 16: by Lori (new)

Lori Walker My picture is Scarlett O'Hara because I think she's my favorite character in literature. She's quite flawed. But I feel that she grows so much throughout the book and she has such personal strength. Even if she didn't always make the most moral decision, she usually had her family and home's interests at heart. And she had some very common, realistic fears, such as of having her money taken away so she hid it all over the place.

message 17: by Bree (new)

Bree (breezybaby) | 144 comments jayme..your engagement pic looks adorable!

message 18: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

i agree!
ahh i am getting into wedding mode right now! lol
i keep thinking how perfect it would be if my boyfriend popped the question in Punta Cana this March..although the logical side of me knows that is the dumbest idea ever. lol

message 19: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments Haha I always tease my boyfriend about that. "When the heck are we going to get married?" But he says he has a time and location already set, so I guess there's nothing I can do about it at this point...but Jayme, that is a really cute picture! =)

message 20: by Caiti Casey (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) Jayme it really is cute. And it sounds like there are a few of us who are jealous. My boy is saving green to buy me gold. Ha! I went in to wedding planning mode and then decided to stop because then I just got mad at him for not doing it yet. So when he puts a ring on my finger then I will plan a wedding, until then my job is to look cute!

Jamie that is not a dumb idea for him to do it there. Do you need some of us to drop hints to him. HA!

message 21: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

hahah that would be so funny if he started getting random facebook messages from you guys. lol

message 22: by Jayme (new)

Jayme (JaymeLyn) thanks guys, you're sweet :)

...not going to lie though, i was all excited for this whole wedding planning thing and now that i'm actually doing it i want to rip my hair out sometimes (actually a good amount of time)

message 23: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilasbooks) | 31 comments My profile picture is from the movie Atonement.

To be honest - it's not really my favourite movie and I haven't even finished the book (had to pause it) but I like Keira and James and I loved that actual picture. The angle, the shot, the colours and everything was just perfect so I used it.

I should change though. I've had it for a very long time!

message 24: by Janet (new)

Janet Random- Leila where are you from? You use -ou- in your words. Haha. Just wondering!! Does it look weird when we don't use it? Sorry I know it's a stupid question but I was just curious!

message 25: by Caiti Casey (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) Janet I was just about to ask that! Do tell Leila!

message 26: by Caiti Casey (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) Oh Sweden! Very cool! Do you guys get free college?

message 27: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilasbooks) | 31 comments Haha, yeah I'm from Sweden. Most of the English education uses British English which explains the 'ou' I guess ;) I kind of mix. Sometimes I add an 'u' and sometimes not.

Caiti - yup, all college/university education is free (including, I think, for international students). The only thing one needs to take care of themselves is housing, books and living cost :)

message 28: by Caiti Casey (last edited Jan 18, 2009 07:27AM) (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) Geez, my boyfriend and I have been talking about heading to Europe. The free college is definitely a plus. I had a friend who lived in England and she said there was a lot of squatters. Do you have that issue in Sweden?

message 29: by Janet (new)

Janet Wow free college!? Holy crap! Haha. I live in Colorado and we're one of the WORST states for higher education funding. It's really sad because some of our schools are known for a lot of great things!! How cool though! We must all sound like dorks right now! Haha.

message 30: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen I don't think wanting free college makes someone sound like a dork haha. I would LOVE free college.

As for my profile picture, I just really like it. And it was the most readily available one on my computer since all of mine were on my old hard drive that crashed. I had to resave them all back to my computer from off of Facebook.

message 31: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments Oh my gosh! Free college?!? That's the most exciting thing I've ever heard! That is definitely the way things should work.

message 32: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilasbooks) | 31 comments Caiti - I'm not sure. I've never heard of such problems but I guess it depends on where you live in Sweden. I've just never heard or experienced it here.

I can definitely see the good side of free college. The aim here is that education should be available to everyone who wants and even with free college/university, you still get study allowance (and loans if you need) for living cost. Of course however, since it is all government-funded it also mean really high taxes :P

message 33: by Caiti Casey (new)

Caiti Casey Spiess (mrssteven) That is a down side to free college.

I'm glad you guys don't have to worry about squatters. I heard it really sucks.

message 34: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 143 comments mine is of me when a bunch of us went swimming at a lake.

message 35: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

i love your pic jessica..its so cute!

message 36: by Emily (new)

Emily Hey Leila,

Have you ever celebrated Saint Lucia day??? I used to celebrate it when I was little. I'm Scandinavian, so my mom thought that it would be fun for us to have something that connected us to our ancestry. I don't know if people even celebrate that holiday anymore! just wondering.

message 37: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

finally changed my picture..it's been a while..my new picture is of my boyfriend and i from spring break while we were in punta cana! i wish i was back in the warm weather!! :)

message 38: by Annie (new)

Annie Hartman (anniebananie) | 242 comments Jamie: I think your picture is super cute!

let's see.. my pic was taken recently in my dorm room.. and im down with how my scarf matched my tapestry on my wall. lol

message 39: by Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner), The Founding Bookworm (new)

Annie wrote: "Jamie: I think your picture is super cute!

let's see.. my pic was taken recently in my dorm room.. and im down with how my scarf matched my tapestry on my wall. lol"

aw thanks! I was happy with the picture because my boyfriend actually smiled decently in this picture..he never can seem to smile in pictures without looking goofy. lol. if you have ever seen the episode of Friends with the whole Chandler smile thing..that's basically it. lol

by the way..i love your scarf! it's so cute!

message 40: by Liz (new)

Liz My picture is of me at the Roman Baths in Bath, England because I'm on my junior year abroad and really enjoying it. I wanted to post one of me in England. On that note, I'm dating a British guy, and all your posts about wedding plans make me a teensy bit jealous because even though we've only been togther about 5 months, as of July we'll have to worry about when we see each other, how often, etc.

message 41: by Nuri (new)

Nuri (nools) | 145 comments I never thought much about profile pics until a friend of mine noted aloud that faceless, profile-pictureless people are sketchier than the average internet person.

Out of a desire to not be creepy, I put up my face, then felt uncomfortable about that much exposure, and posted a picture of the view of the sunset over the bay from our rooftop. My phone's camera is kind of crappy. It is, I think, much lovelier in person.

message 42: by Matthieu (new)

Matthieu | 130 comments My picture is from June '08. It was taken at a friend's graduation party.

message 43: by Annie (new)

Annie Hartman (anniebananie) | 242 comments Jamie: Thanks! And it is ALWAYS a challenge to get the boyfriends to participate. lol

Liz: Glad youre enjoying yourself! Sounds amazing! Im jealous!

message 44: by Liz (new)

Liz Thanks Annie, it is pretty great. On the note of profile pictures, I like the colors in yours!

message 45: by Tahleen (new)

Tahleen Liz, I have that same photo haha. I also have a pretty good one of me drinking the water in the tap room. Did you like Bath? I went with my school (I studied abroad in London last year) and we got to go to a bunch of places in the West Country. I loved it there!

message 46: by Liz (new)

Liz I really liked Bath! I didn't drink the water, though. Qutie frankly I didn't entierly feel the need to force myslef to drink water which wasn't meant to taste good. But I went on the Jane Austen Tour and later to the actual Jane Austen Center. The only thing is I went in October and January, so it was gray, but I bet it's gorgeous in the summer.

message 47: by Justine (new)

Justine (paperbackheart) This is my neck and a sequined shirt.
I'm doing a 365 project on flickr. Whenever I feel the need to change my picture here, I just use whatever I took that day. It's really...hard. It doesn't sound that hard, but taking a picture of yourself everyday...sometimes I don't look that great and don't want to or I'm just lazy or can't think of anything interesting to do.

message 48: by Kelsey (last edited Mar 23, 2009 12:29PM) (new)

Kelsey (xtoloveistolivex) | 534 comments I just changed my picture to one of me and my little sister (I'm on the right). At least it's much newer than my old photo. I need to take a picture of myself and one of my favorite books to put on here...

message 49: by Tahleen (last edited Mar 23, 2009 03:04PM) (new)

Tahleen That is exactly why I wanted to drink it haha. I HAD to do it. I went to the JA Centre too--kind of a let down really. But I got some great stuff in the shop there. Like Pride and Promiscuity.

message 50: by Liz (new)

Liz Heehee. I got the I <3 Mr. Darcy bag and a Jane Austen journal, and then on Valentine's Day when of my gifts from my boyfriend turned out to be Being Elizabeth Bennett: Create Your Own Jane Austen Adventure.

« previous 1 3 4