What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED!: Hiding Jewish Children in Nazi Occupied France? [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) I'm sure I saw this book on here within the last couple days (it's either here or I saw it while at Costco, lol)...it's about people who risked their lives hiding Jewish children during the roundup (Vel D'Hiv) in Nazi-occupied France...anyone know the title of that one?

Thanks!

message 2: by Sandi (new)

Sandi (sandikal) Try Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay. I read an advance copy and it was really a good book. I've seen it prominently displayed at both Borders and Target, so I bet it's the one you're looking for.

message 3: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) It's not that one...I also got an ARC and read it (and agree it was a really good book)! :) It's what got me interested in reading more about the subject...

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments My copy is lent out. If one of you has Sarah's Key handy, the book might be listed in the suggested reading at the back of the book. If I remember, there was such a list.

message 5: by El (new)

El | 502 comments You might also check this link to see if you see it listed here. You might find another title that interests you also.

message 6: by Nancy (new)

Nancy | 67 comments Is this a children's book?

message 7: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) I don't think it's a children's book, no...

I need to start carrying a book with me to write down titles I think...they slip my mind and then make me crazy when I can't think of them again!

message 8: by Diana (new)

Diana Welsch | 529 comments Was this fiction or non-fiction?

message 9: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) I found it...in the Scholastic flyer! It is Hiding Edith by Kathy Kacer. Thanks for all the help! :)

message 10: by Lisa (last edited Jan 14, 2009 04:45PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Bree, Thanks for letting us know. I'll change the subject heading and folder. I see I have another one of this author's books on my to-read list; she has a bunch of similar books.

Edit: I put this under children's/ya but it's also non-fiction, so it could fit in either folder. I'll change it if members think it should be moved. Thanks.

message 11: by Bree (new)

Bree (coffeebeanbookshelf) Oh thanks, Lisa!

message 12: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 1396 comments Sure, Bree, Do you think it should go to the non-fiction folder? If so, feel free to move it.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sarah's Key (other topics)