It's the shizKNIT!!! discussion

Advice on a Debbie Bliss pattern

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (new)

Kim Has anybody here knitted the Debbie Bliss "Alex" sweater from her "Luxury Collection"? I'm quite confused on the collar instructions and need any help I can get. I posted on Knittinghelp.com too to see if I can get come clarity there. I love the sweaters in this book but, at least for a beginner/intermediate knitter, I find some things a bit unclear. I'm working on the collar and I'm having holes. I can go into detail if anybody is interested and can offer some advice. Thanks for listening to my desperate plea!

message 2: by Kim (new)

Kim Perhaps my problems are solved already. I just received a post from the wonderful moderator at knittinghelp.com. She sent me this link: http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer03/FEATb...
So, maybe if any of you run into this problem you know what to do now too!

message 3: by Debbie (new)

Debbie | 4 comments Kim, if you haven't yet done so, request an invitation to join Ravelry.com. It's a beta site so you need to be invited but all you have to do is supply your email info and they will send you an invitation within a couple of days. The resources on that site are unbelievable -- countless patterns and forums for just about anything you could imagine. There is a thread here on goodreads - that's how I heard of it.

message 4: by Kim (new)

Kim Thanks Debbie, already there as artipathy (same name as the art book group I started on goodreads). I think they're just great! I need to look more into their forums. I did the short row trick from knitty and it got rid of my holes, so now I'm a happy camper. So much to knit...so little time!