CIRCLE OF FRIENDS discussion

Movies that Do Justice

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth Allen (saintseester) In a recent thread, someone mentioned that most movies don't live up to the book. A few do, though. I absolutely love the movie "Field of Dreams," but when I read the book, I thought it was so bad I was surprised it was published. LOL!

What movies do you think REALLY do a book justice?

message 2: by Rob (new)

Rob (digitalrob) | 2 comments I thought "Green Mile" was excellent, at least as good as the book. I also think the studio is doing a reasonable job with the Harry Potter books. No, they aren't as good as the novels, but considering the differences in the mediums and audiences, the movies are pretty good.

message 3: by Jigme (new)

Jigme Datse (JigmeDatse) | 15 comments I personally thought that the Lord of The Rings trilogy was done really well, I would say that it did way better than most movies in terms of making the movie in line with the books. I know that some people would definitely would disagree with me, but I think that it's something that I am pretty "correct" in thinking it did a better job than most...

Jigme Datse Rasku

message 4: by Beth (new)

Beth Allen (saintseester) I thought The Lord of The Rings was done very well, too. My only regret is that kids who are the age I was when I fell in love with the book only want to watch the movie, now.

message 5: by Patty (new)

Patty (pattyb31) | 29 comments Mod
I have not seen a movie that has done the book justice. However that being said, The Field of Dreams is one of my top ten all time favorite movies, so I will be sure to read the book and let you know if I agree.