Horrifying Thrillers discussion

Monthly Reads > Our January reads are...

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 36 comments Mod
Our January reads are Silence of the Lambs and Crooked Little Vein. So head to the bookstore/library and pick up a copy. Then start reading and join our group discussions.

message 2: by Brett (new)

Brett (battlinjack) | 47 comments Cool. I read Silence of the Lambs years ago (and all the other Hannibal books as well).
I ordered Crooked Little Vein from Borders last week and it just came in. So I'm off to the store.

message 3: by Brett (new)

Brett (battlinjack) | 47 comments I finished Crooked Little Vein the other day and am still laughing. That book is fantastic and I am about to read it again.
I first encountered Warren Ellis via the comics he has written and liked him then. This only proves that he is a wordsmith of the first water.
What a blast!

message 4: by Mike (new)

Mike Silence of the Lambs is a classic (and I think they did a good job on the movie too)

message 5: by Dylan (new)

I loved the movie. That's why I wanted to read the book.

message 6: by Mike (last edited Feb 02, 2009 02:36PM) (new)

Mike I also read Thomas Harris's other book (Red Dragon) and thought it was good. Wish he would have done a few more like them.

message 7: by Dylan (new)

He wrote Hannible and Hannible Rising too.

message 8: by Mike (new)

Mike I never did read those... were they any good?

message 9: by Dylan (new)

I never read them either, but Hannible Rising is supposed to talk about Hannible's childhood.

Jiaka1981 Winfield I have all of Thomas Harris's books in the Hannibal series. Like all books to movies things are changed or left out, Id recommend reading all the books if you liked the movies. I hav not read "crooked Little Vien yet

message 11: by Renee (new)

Renee (elenarenee) I made the mistake of starting with the one where he was a child. I had no desire to read any more after that one. It was so predicatable and badly written I had no desire to read any more by him

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

RE: Crooked Little Vein.... I'll put it on my 2 Read list....

message 13: by Tracy (new)

Tracy Are there book reads each month in this group?