FATTIES UNITE! discussion

Thread Graveyard > Stop and Smell the Roses!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (randymandy) | 557 comments Mod
The following is a post written by Allison in the Chicks on Lit group. She said that she's experienced a whole new way of life by slowing down and learning to listen to herself. Fantastic!

Has anyone heard of Paul McKenna's weight loss system/new book, "I Can Make You Thin"? He also had 5 episodes on TLC that outlined his main theories. I have been doing that for a while and it really, really works. It's all about eating slow and listening to yourself while you eat (McKenna says that's a big difference between skinny people and overweight people - skinny people know when they're full, therefore they stop!) and more importantly for me, it doesnt ask you to deprive yourself of anything. I've actually been turned off by certain foods that I thought were awesome before because of the way I'm slowly eating, really tasting it and learning to stop when I'm full. I recommend it for those of you who don't want to give up chocolate or pasta or french fries, because I know I can't!!

message 2: by Angelica (last edited Jan 10, 2009 01:14PM) (new)

Angelica (Angelica221) OOOOOooooohhhhhh, can you add that book to our bookshelves? (Are we able to add books to the shelves? Some groups have rules about that. Since I use this group so much, I don't want to step on toes.) That seems awesome. And it's so true. Our lives our usually so hectic from day to day. We're so busy multitasking getting stuff done, we don't slow down!

message 3: by Amanda (new)

You can add it Petunia. Do it to it!!!

message 4: by Leslie (new)

Leslie What's weird for me is that I eat slow--really slow, and it hasn't helped me. I'm still overweight and even though I eat so slow that other people always have to wait for me and when I'm with people I don't know it's embarrassing because I'm still eating for so long past everyone else at the table, it doesn't change anything for me. I started eating slowly, very slowly because my bite shifted for some reason, and chewing became a very difficult process because almost none of the teeth on the top and bottom touched when I had my mouth closed. The dentist pulled the wisdom teeth and ground some others and he improved it so much! Chewing certain foods is still hard, but, it's more than eating slow. Does anyone have any ideas? I put my fork down between every bite because what's the point of having it in my hand all that time. I'd love to hear any ideas or feedback.

message 5: by Amanda (new)

My friend Gwen had jaw problems like that and found out she had a benign tumor in her jaw.

(Did that scare you? Sorry!!!)

message 6: by Leslie (new)

Leslie That's interesting. No, it didn't scare me. The dentist pretty much fixed the problem, at least to a large degree. Sometimes I still have to spit out what's still in my mouth after chewing for a couple of minutes because I can't chew it up. It's weird.

message 7: by Amanda (new)

FYI, all:
I moved all our books to the "READ" shelf. Only reason I did it was so we can see them from the "Group Home." I like seeing them down there. Makes me smile!

message 8: by Trudy (new)

Trudy (tblaine9) There they are... yay!

message 9: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (Angelica221) Coolness thanks. I'm always looking for any motivational weight loss books!