The Next Best Book Club discussion

Newbies Corner > More fresh blood

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allie (new)

Allie Hello,
I think it's about time I joined an active group on this thing! I've been a member of goodreads for a while, but not really all that active.

Just by way of introduction, my name's Allie and I'm from Melbourne. I love books like nothing else, much to the chagrin of most people I know. I'm actually moving house next week and for the first time in my life will be living alone, and thus able to have all my books on shelves, not boxed up in my mother's basement! Ah, bliss.

Lately I've been reading a fair bit of sci-fi, but my taste is all over the place. My favourite author is Margaret Atwood, I think, but there are so many books that have left lasting impressions on me. I cried when I finished A Prayer for Owen Meany, and have many times bitten all my fingernails down to the quick, while reading. I'm also seemingly magnetically drawn to epic novels of sprawling proportions, and am currently working my way through Peter F. Hamilton's 'The Reality Dysfunction'.

Anyway, I look forward to meet you all!

message 2: by Jeane (new)

Jeane | 4891 comments Hi allie!
Congrats on the moving and giving your books the life they deserve! I hope you will enjoy both all your self decided time and way for your books jsut like this group. But i think it won't be a problem...just leave some space for new books in the new place, our TBR piles tend to become mountains here.

message 3: by Hayes (last edited Jan 10, 2009 01:32AM) (new)

Hayes (hayes13) Hi Allie, good luck with the move!

When we moved we had 167 boxes of stuff, about 50 of them books... when the movers had finished bringing the stuff into the house, they were piled up in the living/dining room and it looked like the grand canyon, with little corridors to walk thru to get to the kitchen, bedrooms, etc.

Happy reading!

message 4: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10025 comments Mod
Hi Allie!
Great to have you with us. We love other books lovers like nobodys buisness!!

Thank goodness your books will have a home of their own! How exciting to be moving out on your own AND being able to display those wonderful life enhansing things we call books :)

message 5: by Lisa Julianna (new)

Lisa Julianna (lisajulianna) | 1053 comments Hi Allie,

Welcome to the group!!! Good luck on your move next week. :~)

message 6: by Atishay (new)

Atishay | 1451 comments Welcome Allie!

Petra X on hiatus (or trying to be) (petra-x) Hi there Allie!

message 9: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindypliego) Hey Allie :)

message 10: by April (new)

April (booksandwine) | 954 comments Welcome to the group <3

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Allie! Welcome to the group!

message 12: by Robin (new)

Robin (robinsullivan) | 997 comments hello,
I've been out of town for a few days and not on the board - just wanted to welcome you to the group!

Jamie (The Perpetual Page-Turner) (perpetualpageturner) | 636 comments welcome!! I recently read my first Atwood this past month! I love the way she writes.

message 14: by Eric (new)

Eric | 382 comments Hello and Welcome, Allie!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Welcome Allie! Hope ya enjoy it here!

message 16: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thenightowl) Welcome to the group Allie. Congrats on your move and on finding your books a proper home. :-)