Science Fiction Films discussion

Babylon AD

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeffrey (new)

Jeffrey | 1 comments Just watched this piece of trash as a rental from my library. I used to be a VIn Diesel fan but this movie just makes no sense.

Anyone else see this garbage.

message 2: by Angie (new)

Angie Humm, I wasn't sure if I was going to watch it and now I don't even want to bother. I don't know what is going on with Vin Diesel. I mean he is going to star in the 5th????? installment of the Fast and the Furious? No parts coming his way or what?

message 3: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (thelastwolf) I usually like Vin, but he sucked big time in this. The story wasn't all that interesting either.

message 4: by George (new)

George | 63 comments Well, I thought the ending was astonishingly weak. it has some moments, but I didn't find Vin's performance that different from any of his previous films. there were some things that might have been interesting had they chosen to develop them, like the religious groups, but then most folks don't go to see Vin to ponder the Universe and the meaning of existence.

message 5: by Alex DeLarge (new)

Alex DeLarge | 342 comments Mod
KD, the IRON GIANT is one of my favorite animated films of the past few years! It slipped my mind, thank for mentioning:) I recommend it to everyone in this forum, it captures the spirit of childhood amid Cold War paranoia and has its dark elements. I need to watch this again and write a review.

message 6: by Kai (new)

Kai (wlow) | 28 comments i think i read somewhere on io9 or something that the director never wants to work with Fox again because of this movie

message 7: by Ubik (last edited Feb 04, 2009 01:19PM) (new)

Ubik | 101 comments Mod
I kiiiinda had a vague interest in this film, but the more I hear about it, the more I really really DONT want to see it. I get bad "flashbacks" of Chronicles of Riddick every time I think about it. Ew

Whats sad is that Vin Diesel really is a good actor (just watch his self-funded short film 'Multi-facial') but because of his looks and multi-ethnicity he gets typecast as either a meathead action hero or a joke (the one where he was a nanny or something).

message 8: by George (new)

George | 63 comments perhaps he is, but I haven't seen any evidence to support that yet. I think of Vin as the 21st century Steven Segal.

message 9: by George (new)

George | 63 comments not a bad write up. we'll see. I wasn't sure if the word cheesey refered only to his movies or also the women and drugs that filled his life.

message 10: by Ubik (new)

Ubik | 101 comments Mod
YEah, there is a really neat monologue on youtube from JCVD. I recommend you check it out even if youre not going to see the film.

message 11: by Angie (new)

Angie Rob I am curious about seeing that movie... I am also curious to see Fanboys, I think it might be funny. But I am not sure if it will play nationwide. I think it opened this weekend with only limited theaters.

message 12: by Ubik (new)

Ubik | 101 comments Mod
Thats probably the case, Xox. Was the movie fine otherwise in terms of acting and all that? Was it cheesy like in a Chronicles of Riddick or Battlefield Earth kinda way?

message 13: by George (new)

George | 63 comments Nothing is as cheesy as Battlefield Earth. obviously a labor of love by many of the participants, but to weird for words for nonbelievers, I'm afraid.

message 14: by Ubik (new)

Ubik | 101 comments Mod
Well youre giving away a lot of spoilers if I do choose to see it, but just by reading that I can see that the uncut is definitely needed or otherwise I wouldnt even attempt it.