Jeffery Deaver Fans discussion

A Maiden's Grave

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen (zombietakeover) | 4 comments Mod
Has anyone read this one yet? I just finished it yesterday. It seemed like it took awhile to get through, but I really liked the ending.

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris (cbrunner11) | 56 comments I read this one a very long time ago. Shortly after the Bone collector came out I went back to read his earlier work and I loved this. The story was great and for me it was a big attention grabber and I couldn't put it down. They have since made an HBO movie of it called Dead Silence with James Garner and that was pretty good as well. I recomend renting it atleast if you can find a place that still has it. Glad someone else enjoyed it as much as I did.

message 3: by Rebekkila (new)

Rebekkila | 3 comments This book got me hooked on Jeffery Deaver. It was the second that I had read, first was Mistress of Death which was so-so. Praying for Sleep was another great stand alone from early on n his career.

message 4: by Hazard (last edited Sep 12, 2013 01:31AM) (new)

Hazard | 50 comments I just read it for the first time and although I know it is a coincidence that his recent novel is called The Kill Room it gave me the creeps whenever I read about the kill room in A Maiden's Grave.

I agree that it does have its lengths and I did not really buy Melanie's (view spoiler) but I still enjoyed it and it has the Deaver-Twists one wants to read. I especialy liked the parts about the politics between the agencies as this seems to be a problem everywhere around the world.

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris (cbrunner11) | 56 comments Very true about the politics. I did (view spoiler). I read this a year or two after it was written so I hadn't started to attempt to out think Deaver. He still beats me every time, now if I re-read Maidens Grave I might feel differently now.