Debate discussion

Politics > Israel?

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments WHat are your thoughts on this? Do you think that israel has any right to go and illegally occupy palestine?

I think that this is the most disgusting thing i have ever heard. Israel has an army, they have ammunition and solider, and they are attacking and killing CIVILIANS! These people are fighting for their country with rocks. Israel thinks that Palestine is theirs because of their religion. That god not only chose them as the chosen people but gave them a pass to go and kill innocent people!!
I have nothign against jews--believe me, 3 out of 5 of my friends are Jewish but this is insanity. They contunie to drop bombs on gaza killing these poor people! And this is nothing new! This has been going on for a few decades!!
And the sickest part is that they are in palestine killing people with OUR BOMBS!! We supplied Israel with their ammunition. We say that we went to the middle east to stop injustice--to liberate people and now what?! Were contributing to mass murder!!! Israel was a part of Palestine up until the end of WW2. They were given it as an agreement after the war, and now they are going and killing everyone off so that they can take back "Their land"?!?!

God the world is so ****** up right now.

message 2: by jacob (new)

jacob dahl (ilovekailtyn) | 13 comments they are fine

message 3: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Who's fine?

message 4: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Well I think sometimes the world would be a lot better of a place without this sort of religion...I mean, the bible says Thou Shalt Not Kill, yet people who believe in God are the ones who start a lot of wars. I don't see how a person can be pro-killing a person but not a fetus.

message 5: by Emma the Dork (new)

Emma the Dork (cheesehead) i have said this before, but religion has caused more bad than good, i.e. a lot of the wars (including world war II) were caused by belief in god

message 6: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments Yeah. My jewish friend dosent even want me to come over to his house anymore because i brought up the occupation os Palestine.

i dont believe in god, but to be truthful you guys and only some of my closest friends know that. Im a good actress. Anyway, his mom said she dosent want a radical muslim in their house.

Jews are killing muslims over somethign that was never theirs on the first place! Its horrible!

message 7: by Diana (new)

Diana  (Higura_Natume) | 931 comments i don't know what the hell they're doing right now

other than killing random people all over the place

c'mon god, hurry up and just tell all jewish, christians, and muslims to shut up and join hands

it would be a HUGE favor...

message 8: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments It really would. But the thing is that Israel has only been there since after WW2.
Palestine GAVE the jews israel as part of a treaty. Now they think they can take the whole damn country!!

message 9: by Riley (new)

Riley (booksarecool) | 2246 comments Well, I don't know enough about this particular war to take sides. All I know is that I think it's stupid when people fight over land that might or might not be God's land.

message 10: by Chandani (new)

Chandani  (milkduds920) | 6408 comments You guys should read about it, its horrible!

message 11: by jessi (new)

jessi (infinitevantage) | 437 comments I hate Israel. It's interesting that the Zionists who started moving to Palestine before WW2 actually considered other geographical locations, such as Argentina. Wouldn't it be weird if that's where they ended up?

But they decided on Palestine and used terrorist tactics against the British and Arabs in order to secure that territory. The 1948 establishment of Israel is cited as a confirmed prophecy, but that's a load of crap. It is a self-fulfilling prophecy because it only came true since the Jewish people knew of the prophecy and tried to take matters into their own hands in order to make the prophecy a reality.

If that all weren't bad enough, Israel has a monopoly on the holy city of Jerusalem and continues to construct illegal settlements, leaving countless Palestinians displaced. They wonder why the Palestinians respond with violent terrorism, but that is traditionally what happens when those too weak to fight conventionally have what they view as their homeland occupied by foreigners.

Not to mention that Israel gets the luxury of having nuclear weapons without even being officially recognized as having them. While other countries have responsibilities that come with nuclear capabilities, no one even brings this up. Currently, there are those who argue that a nuclear Iran would spark an arms race in the Middle East, but those people seem to conveniently overlook the fact that Israel already has nukes.

In sum, I hate Israel :)

message 12: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) This Israelite and Palestine fued has been going on for centuries if not millenia. Israel just happens to be more powerful at the moment.

If we are smart we'll stay out of it. Of course thats what Israel wants us to do since they hate our current leader with a passion.

"Currently, there are those who argue that a nuclear Iran would spark an arms race in the Middle East, but those people seem to conveniently overlook the fact that Israel already has nukes."

Nukes that they threaten to use on Iran's nuclear plants, if someone doesn't put them in their place first. Israel is sick of waiting around for the U.S. seeing as we, the supposed leaders of democracy, let a man illegally become president of that country.

I say let israel do what they want to do. They wanted our help and advice, Obama said no. They said fine we'll take it into our own hands. Again, let them do what the want to do. This feud is thousands of years old...we're not going to stop it anytime soon.

"They wonder why the Palestinians respond with violent terrorism, but that is traditionally what happens when those too weak to fight conventionally have what they view as their homeland occupied by foreigners."

Are you defending terrorism in this statement?

message 13: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Diana wrote: "i don't know what the hell they're doing right now

other than killing random people all over the place

c'mon god, hurry up and just tell all jewish, christians, and muslims to shut up and join ha..."

Christians see that as the revelation and will only happen after teh rise of the anti-christ.

message 14: by jessi (new)

jessi (infinitevantage) | 437 comments "Israel is sick of waiting around for the U.S. seeing as we, the supposed leaders of democracy, let a man illegally become president of that country."

LET him? What exactly were we supposed to do?

"Are you defending terrorism in this statement?"

First of all, let me say that I do not think that terrorism is necessarily a bad thing. However, in that statement, no, I was not. I am just pointing out the obvious trend. Read studies on suicide terrorism by Robert A. Pape. Every single incident of a suicide terrorism campaign has occurred under those circumstances. Al Qaeda, the Tamil Tigers, you name it. I'm not sure exactly what the Israelis were expecting in return when they chose to take over land that wasn't theirs and displace so many people.

message 15: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Jessi wrote: ""Israel is sick of waiting around for the U.S. seeing as we, the supposed leaders of democracy, let a man illegally become president of that country."

LET him? What exactly were we supposed to do?..."

I dont know why Palestine is surprised, again feud that is thousands of years old.

Also, the israeli government wants them to stop but the people just keep going. Palestine wants us to enforce some freezing policy on Israel but again, who are we to get inbetween a dispute this old, that has nothing to do with us.

message 16: by Ed (new)

Ed (ejhahn) I have a hard time believing the stuff I just read in this thread.

Israel existed long before there there was an Arabic civilization or a Muslim religion. Palestinians are not a race of people they are a group of Arabs who happened to settle in what was once Israel.

Take a look at the Balfour Declaration if you really want to know what fueled the idea of an Israeli State. The Zionists were promised a homeland to insure Jewish financial support for the Allied cause in WW I.

The Jewish Diaspora happened because they fought for their freedom from Rome. They were scattered by the Romans because of their rebellion.

I also have trouble with those who say they hate Israel yet have never been there and have no idea of what is really going on. Read Dennis Miller's rant if you really want to understand why the Palestinians want Israel scorched.

Lastly, realize that the Arab nations created the Palestinian refugee problem by encouraging Palestinians to leave the infant nation of Israel so they, Egypt, Syria and Jordan, could wipe out all those dirty Zionist devils. History shows how that worked out.

Lastly, imagine what Israel would look like if the Arabs had kept it and there was no Israel. You might start by visiting other Arab countries and then visiting Israel for a comparison.

Most of all, try and argue from facts not opinions and biblical suppositions. Israel is not going away as much as a lot of people would like it to.

Is anyone who argues that the Palestinians have a right to repopulate Israel ready to give the USA back to the American Indians?

Methinks, I detect a great deal of hypocrisy or maybe even, God forbid, some latent anti-semitism.

message 17: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Ed wrote: "I have a hard time believing the stuff I just read in this thread.

Israel existed long before there there was an Arabic civilization or a Muslim religion. Palestinians are not a race of people th..."

i realize some of that might have been directed at me but I agree.

"Lastly, imagine what Israel would look like if the Arabs had kept it and there was no Israel. You might start by visiting other Arab countries and then visiting Israel for a comparison"

I can vouch that israel is much nicer.

message 18: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments how can you vouch?

message 19: by Lorna (new)

Lorna | 1273 comments ...obviously been there??

message 20: by Ed (new)

Ed (ejhahn) Kyle wrote: i realize some of that might have been directed at me but I agree.

I can vouch that israel is much nicer.

Kyle,

My comments weren't directed at anyone specifically, just at those who argue from ignorance and do not take the time to check out their opinions. Facts rule!

message 21: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Borland (kgborland) Liz wrote: "how can you vouch?"

ive been to israel :P

message 22: by Liz (new)

Liz (lizgore) | 3163 comments that is cool!