Paranormal & Urban Fantasy, Monthly Group Reads discussion

Self Promotion & Giveaways > Want to promote yourself?

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ♥Tricia♥, Group Lead (new)

♥Tricia♥ (Siddie) | 1167 comments Mod
Self promotion goes in here :) Sort of self explanitory! :D

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Kernochan (professorbunny) | 1 comments Hi

My name is Sarah Kernochan. My new book, Jane Was Here, comes out June 14th. I'd love to do a giveaway and participate in a discussion/Q&A.

Sarah

Jane Was Here by Sarah Kernochan

A mysterious young woman calling herself Jane turns up in a small New England town. She claims a fragmentary memory of growing up in this place, yet she has never been here before in her life. Upon her arrival, strange and alarming things begin happening to some of the town's inhabitants. As Jane's memories reawaken piece by piece, they carry her back to a long-buried secret, while the townspeople hurtle forward to a horrific event when past and present fatally collide.

message 3: by Acacia (new)

Acacia Green (acaciagreen) | 1 comments PULSE is only available in ebook format. I'm working hard on getting a paperback version ready before Christmas.

Unobtrusive high school senior Nyssa Navitas simply wants to graduate school. Her plan is to spend a year living with her super hot actor bestie in Hollywood and get away from her controlling alcoholic father.

But when she finds the school’s Mr Charming, Harland Woods, unconscious on the school’s oval, she has no idea how much her simple discovery will change the course of her life...

Forever.

Harland is the King of the Binuit-Namri Nation, a secretive race of energy beings from another dimension. He’s hiding out on Earth trying to avoid an arranged marriage with a girl who won’t stop until she has his throne.

Problems arise when their tutoring sessions start to blossom into something more. While Harland is preoccupied with trying to keep their relations secret, Nyssa’s life is about to change, forcing one of them to make a life or death decision.

Pulse

message 4: by Ken (new)

Ken Magee | 1 comments Hi, My name is Ken and I'm an... AUTHOR.

My first book,Dark Tidings, is a contemporary fantasy with plenty of humour. I asked Goodread(er)s to help me with the blurb and here's what we came up with -

What happens when ancient magic meets the internet? One thing is certain, modern life will never be the same again.

In the medieval mists of time a young thief, Tung, and a disgraced wizard, Madrick, are thrust together in an executioner’s dungeon.

In the darkness, Madrick reveals an incredible secret about a legendary spell. The great spell helps them escape their prison cell... and eventually their century.

Catapulted into the present day, their lives collide with Michael, a computer hacker who plans to destroy the world’s largest bank. But sinister people are tracking their every move and will stop at nothing to steal their spell.

Dark Tidings by Ken Magee

Please have a look. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

message 5: by Nicole (last edited Jan 20, 2012 08:56AM) (new)

Nicole Hamlett (nicolehamlett) | 1 comments Hi there! I'm Nicole and I'm an author.

I have two books - Huntress and Rifts

"Fate is an ugly bitch who will screw with your life every single chance she gets."

Grace Murphy, a newly single mother finds this out as she's trying to figure out how to lead a perfectly normal life. The big question becomes, what do you do when you find out that your mother is Diana, the Goddess of the Hunt and she expects you to take up the family business?

You can try hiding, but escaping when you have an ex-husband to deal with, a kid to raise and an unknown being who's trying to kill you is tricky at best.

Now the woman who couldn't put a bookshelf together without getting sweaty and perplexed must learn how to roar...without getting herself and everyone she loves killed.

Saving the world? Not a problem.

Getting home in time for chocolate chip pancakes might be a whole other matter, though...

message 6: by Xiomara (new)

Xiomara (Xiomara1) | 1 comments Check out this exciting, original ghost tale that marries Urban and Paranormal Romance in an exciting new way!
Dark Side of Grace by M.L. Cooper

message 7: by N.L. Dufour (new)

N.L. Dufour (NLDufour) | 1 comments i am an indie author writing my first paranormal romance novel; i am currently working with an editing company and beta readers to get the book ready for release. please check out my website @ www.nldufour.weebly.com for the most recent information! thanks!!!

My First Novel - Falling by N.L. Dufour
Paranormal Romance - "Vampire Cowboy"

Rosalee Devereaux is a twenty-two year old socialite from Austin, Texas. Life is perfect or at least she pretends it is. She is on her way to being a successful attorney and marring her long time boyfriend. You would think that Rosalee would be happy about her life but she isn't. Her forced happily ever after is the exact opposite of what she dreams of having. She's lived her whole life trapped in a bubble because she's too scared to break out of it. When she is finally forced to face life without assistance, will she succeed in order to change her own destiny? Will Rosalee be strong enough to overcome her new found struggles or will she revert back to her submissive tendencies?

Harlan Taylor is a sweet-talking, southern gentleman who just happens to be a vampire cowboy living in the late 19th century. He tries his best to keep a distance from society and the idea of ever loving someone. Becoming a vampire was not his ideal lifestyle but there's no going back now. His whole life has been nothing but heartache, causing him to secludes himself from the outside world. Harlan desperately wants to be happy again but he no longer knows how to make it happen given his recently transformation. When given the opportunity to build a relationship with a human, will he be able to let down his guard long enough to let them in? Is keeping his secret more important than the love of his life?

The two stranger's worlds collide after Rosalee falls through a time warp landing her one hundred and twenty-five years into the past. When Harlan stumbles upon Rosalee, she awakens the human within that he hasn't seen in half a century. After Rosalee meets Harlan, a passion ignites inside of her that she never knew existed. As their relationship evolves, they both struggle with who they truly are and what they really want from life.

Everything in Rosalee and Harlan's life is about to change for the better... or is it?Will she finally be on a path to self-discovery? Will he ever learn to trust his heart again? Can their unexplainable circumstances result in true love or will it end in tragedy?

**also i am looking for another indie author to cross promote with - i would love to have a bonus at the end of my book that showcases a few chapters of a new novel released by another paranormal romance indie author. if you are interested please e-mail me!**

message 8: by Darren (new)

Darren Burton (sherlock77) | 1 comments I'm offering free copies of my latest novel - Night Realm. It can be downloaded in any ebook format from Smashwords with the following coupon code - QW69X

If you enjoy the book, all I ask in return is a review either on Good reads or Amazon.

Here's the link to the book:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...

It's free until June 30th.

Description:

Night Realm is a Paranormal Detective novel set on Australia's Gold Coast. It is the story of private detective, Ryan Fox. When he meets the beautiful Selena Thorne, Ryan’s life takes a detour into a dark world he thought only existed in folklore and in the minds of movie producers. Selena hires Ryan to acquire the unusual research of scientist, Doctor Marlon Becker. Becker is a hematologist and an expert in blood disorders. When Ryan discovers what the focus of Becker’s research is, it puts a whole new spin on things.

Chelsea, Ryan's teenage sister, meets Travis and she soon realizes there is something very different about this attractive and mysterious new boy in town. A relationship quickly develops .No sooner has Chelsea fallen for Travis when she learns he’s not actually what he seems.

Meanwhile, Homicide Detective David Marks investigates a spate of strange murders, where victims appear to have had every drop of blood drained from their bodies, with the only apparent injuries being two puncture wounds on the throat. With no solid leads on a suspect and more people dying every few days, Marks is getting nowhere fast in his quest to apprehend the killer.

As the story unfolds the lives of the characters - both human and vampire - come together in a gripping climax where not everyone comes out alive, and not everything goes as planned.

message 9: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Jespersen(BehindThePicketFence) (orangepeacock313) | 1 comments Hello my name is Alicia and I runs romance review blog called Behind The White Picket Fence! I would really love it if you came on over and gave it a looksie!

http://whitepicketfence1.blogspot.com/