Austin Lesbian Book Club discussion

First Book?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Candace (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:08PM) (new)

Candace Henderson | 2 comments Mod
So there are 3 in the group and 5 that have responded so far.... So I figured we could start talking about what book to start with.....

While I was away over Thanksgiving I found a Lambda Book Club that was reading A Seahorse Year.... and I was interested in that... but I also don't want this group to be all about GLBT themed books. I want them to be a part of a larger group of possibilities.

How about we all recommend one or two books and we vote on the first book for a meeting in January....

message 2: by Kristin (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:08PM) (new)

Kristin (stephenbeantrees) | 2 comments i vote for either 'the road' by cormac mccarthy or 'a seahorse year' by d'erasmo. it's cool that there's such a gender role reversal going on with the seahorses :) andrea barrett gave 'a seahorse year' quite a nice review, and i loved her book 'ship fever.'

that's just my two cents.

message 3: by Whitney (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:09PM) (new)

Whitney | 5 comments I will add a vote for A Seahorse Year. That sounds like a wonderful book to start out with. One that should lead to rather interesting discussions.

message 4: by Kerensa (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:10PM) (new)

Kerensa | 3 comments A Seahorse Year sounds interesting to me.

message 5: by Sabrina2 (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:11PM) (new)

Sabrina2 | 1 comments I've been wanting to read Choke by Palahniuk. But frankly I haven't read anything great in a while, so it'll be nice to read something good and have a discussion about it.

message 6: by Yasmine (last edited Aug 25, 2016 02:15PM) (new)

Yasmine | 5 comments Seahorse Year sounds good to me.