The Gift of Rain The Gift of Rain discussion

Their love was romantic.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Loquacious Oh, what a wonderful book guys.
How long did it take you to realise that Phillip and Endo-san were lovers?

Wendybird I didn't realize until when it was revealed, although I wondered, of course. The beauty of this story lay in its gentle subtlety.

June I have just read this and Ithought it was beautiful and at times very sad..especially the last moments they spent together.The subtlety of it only added to the heartbreak, I feel. I shall be reading The Garden Of Evening Mists soon..am so impressed by this author's writing..wonderful..

Borum A book that offers a lot to muse on.. Love, destiny, life, identity and time.. all delicately woven together into a single tale.

Gisela Hafezparast Beautiful, beautiful book. I'm not sure if their love was romantic at the beginning, I think Endo was the father figure/guide Phillip was looking for which turned into a very strong friendship. I personally wouldn't go further than that. Their last meeting was heart-breaking and incredibly well written as were other parts of the book. The scenes in the village were also incredible and has made me realise the horrors of this part of history as never before. BRILLIANT

Brenna Wendybird wrote: "I didn't realize until when it was revealed, although I wondered, of course. The beauty of this story lay in its gentle subtlety."

When was it revealed? Maybe I read over that part too quickly.