The Pen Is Mightier Than The Sword discussion

Writing > Genre

Comments Showing 1-48 of 48 (48 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) | 766 comments Mod
Do have a specific genre that you write?

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) | 328 comments I write mostly adventure/romance. I have also recently gotten into paranormal/romance and crime/mystery. All fiction!

message 3: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

Awesome!

I do action, scifi fantasy, adventure, a little romance

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) | 328 comments I want to try to do a dystopian next....

message 5: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) Hmmm, does the poetry count or is it for novels/stories?

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) | 328 comments Same here!

message 7: by Holly (new)

Holly | 69 comments I pretty much stick to action\fantasy

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) | 328 comments Yeah I do action/fanstasy as well.

message 9: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

Poetry counts!

message 10: by Holly (new)

Holly | 69 comments I tried a few poems once... And then promptly burned them on account of sheer awful-ness

message 11: by Sherri (new)

Sherri (fabledhattress) Hmm, I write romantic, depressing, mysterious, and fantasy poems. But my novel is a paranormal YA book

message 12: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

Cool

message 13: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie I am currently writing fantasy/adventure novel.

message 14: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

Awesome!

message 15: by Sierra~Kelley (new)

Sierra~Kelley Hey Kat aren't you doing fantasy right now?

message 16: by L (new)

L (audinosbiitch) I write Fantasy and some Horror(not really sure what to call some of the stuff I write... It's not JUST fiction), but mostly fantasy. I've always loved reading in a fantastic setting and many of the books I've read are fantasy so that helps...

message 17: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah1324) | 328 comments I write all fiction, except if it's for school. It is mostly adventure, action, fantasy, with romance.

Lucy ~Graphite Wizard~ | 217 comments Darnet, I watch way to much TV.

message 19: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

Yes! I'm sure you're not bad! Lemme read some?

❄️ Propertea Of Frostea ❄️ Bitter SnoBerry ❄ (berrynumey) I mostly go for fantasy and adventure :) I suck at romance, but my aunt and best friend want me to come up with something they can read.

message 21: by Lorna (new)

Lorna Murdoch-Eaton | 1 comments It seems that most people write according to fashion or what they are currently reading. We had the magic, vampires, zombies and werewolves and the fantasy, next it's bound to be SM erotica because of "50 Shades of Grey". It's is ok because it's what people want to read, but like music, you can get too much of the same thing and it can become tedious. Likewise the wider the range of subjects you read, the better.

message 22: by Lynxie (last edited Nov 15, 2012 02:19PM) (new)

Lynxie I would like to amend my previous post...

I am currently writing a dark fantasy/adventure or fantasy/horror book :D

message 23: by Lynxie (last edited Nov 15, 2012 02:21PM) (new)

Lynxie Current working synopsis (of which I now dislike!):

Imagine, a world where humans are bred for their children. The filth of society take advantage of the sentient dragon overlords disinterest in the finer workings of the human social hierarchy and they abuse that, making life as a woman in Catama one of heart ache, abuse and debasement.

The dragons dictate that humans are to breed so that a child is born, a child with a shamrock birth mark.

I have to reword it... luckily for me I've been asked to write a pitch for my journalism class, I'll be doing it for my book!! MWAHAHAA

message 24: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie Things that are worth doing are rarely easy. Keep going :D

message 25: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie YAY!! We can both keep going and have our own novels soon :D

message 26: by Leah (new)

Leah | 64 comments I write a lot of historical fiction, and I'd like to try something dystopian.

message 27: by Johns (new)

Johns I've done dystopian, action, adventure, poetry, fantasy, horror, and a little romance. :3 I threw away my horror one, though. It was terrible. I'm actually kinda good at poetry though. ^_^

message 28: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie Wow Raine... so many genres. Which was your favourite to write?

Lucy ~Graphite Wizard~ | 217 comments Raine wrote: "I've done dystopian, action, adventure, poetry, fantasy, horror, and a little romance. :3 I threw away my horror one, though. It was terrible. I'm actually kinda good at poetry though. ^_^"

o.O

message 30: by Johns (new)

Johns @Lynxie - Action/fantasy. That's mostly what I put on Watty.

@Kggelen - Yup! Why?

message 31: by Johns (new)

Johns Oh. :3 Cool! What's your username, I should read some of your stuff. ^_^

message 32: by Allison (new)

Allison (allibean) | 122 comments I write fantasy mostly but I love to write action and adventure. Once I started a horror about vampires - real vampires. You know, the scary ones? I think this was before the twilight blowup - but had to stop. The stuff coming out of my head was just too disturbing. I did not enjoy falling asleep thinking up creative reasons for my bloodsucking main character to murder people. Worse, I was really good at it.

message 33: by Johns (new)

Johns I have like three.... One I have writers block for one and the other two I'm still working on. Mine's really stupid but you'd know who it was when you saw it. It was my goal! :D

message 34: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie @Allison - I'm going through that at the moment with my fantasy/horror story. I have creeped myself out a few times when I re-read my work! It's scary what is coming out of my brain!! 0_o

message 35: by Allison (new)

Allison (allibean) | 122 comments I don't know how some horror writers do it.

message 36: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie Me either... I am such a scaredy cat too. I hate scary movies and stuff...

message 37: by Marren (new)

Marren | 60 comments romance and spiritual. Usually stick to poetry.

message 38: by Leah (new)

Leah | 64 comments Lynxie wrote: "Me either... I am such a scaredy cat too. I hate scary movies and stuff..."

As do I.

message 39: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie Have you ever tried your hand at horror Leah?

message 40: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 32 comments I prefer sci-fi (not dystopian). I feel like it gives me a lot more flexibility and freedom. Also, character designing is so fun.

message 41: by Leah (new)

Leah | 64 comments Lynxie wrote: "Have you ever tried your hand at horror Leah?"

No, I think my "horror" writing might be a bit cheesy...okay, REALLY cheesy. Or really disturbing.

message 42: by Finley (new)

Finley Mac | 32 comments If I did horror, I would probably scare myself. I can be incredibly morbid sometimes.

message 43: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

MUAHAHAHHAHA....

okay will stop being creepy.

message 44: by Lynxie (new)

Lynxie creepy is good Charlie :D I need to get back into my creepy-ness feel. I have more to write...

message 45: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

....it was a dark and stormy night....

message 46: by ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱, This is my witty title (head mod) (new)

True.

message 47: by Gabrielle (new)

Gabrielle (gabshi) I mostly write realistic or historical fiction, but right now my best friend and I are writing a futuristic book together.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Mystery/Suspense/Adventure.