Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1)
This topic is about Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs
Archive (Buddy Reads) > June PIFM: Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper

Comments Showing 1-39 of 39 (39 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments Dee and I are doing a buddy read of Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs by Molly Harper. Anyone is welcome to join in the discussion!

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper

Samantha | 1381 comments I requested it at my library. If it comes in time, I will jump in on the discussion.

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments Even if we've already finished before you do, you can still post your thoughts! Hope you get it in time though :)

Samantha | 1381 comments Cool!

message 5: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments I started listening to this the other day on the drive home - i'm at the start of chapter 9 right now

Samantha | 1381 comments Who is the narrator, Dee? I need to see if they have it on audio as well.

message 7: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments Amanda Ronconi - totally worth it - she is one of my fave's - also does MH's Naked Werewolf series

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1885 comments Oh, great! I have this one lined up this month, Sarah, and would love to join you. When are you going to start? I'm also doing it on audio.

Dinou R I'll start it tomorrow; it wasn't on my TBR list but I read "And one last thing" a few months ago(also by Molly Harper) and I loved it so "why not?".

message 10: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments lisa - I already started, I don't know if Sarah has or not...i'm doing the audio as well

Samantha | 1381 comments My library didn't have the audio :( I'll have to wait for the book. Lucky for me, they have several copies.

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments I am at Ch. 10. So far I'm really liking Molly Harper's writing style. I haven't read anything by her yet so it's refreshing. I think Jane is hilarious! I love that she was a librarian before becoming a vampire. I think Gabriel is funny in his own way and I love the interaction between him and Jane. I'm really interested in seeing where this goes. Even though the whole vampire thing is kind of tiring, I'm not too bugged by it in this book.

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments BTW, I'm reading the Kindle version of this so I won't have page number. I know that Dee is going with audio so it will be easier to discuss using chapter numbers :)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments Hi Lisa Kay!! We're reading it right now, but you are more than welcome to still post your thoughts when you get the chance to read it! :) I'm glad you'll be joining us!

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1885 comments I won't be able to get to this until the end of the week, Sarah & Dee. I've got another couple "buddy reads" going.

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments That's fine :) You can just post your thoughts when ever you'd like. I hope you enjoy it, it's pretty funny so far.

message 17: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i'm up to Chapter 15 right now...its cute so far, and Jane is growing on me...I like the world that she has built, kinda keep wishing to see one of the werewolves from her other series make a guest appearance...please ;) and I found it funny how (view spoiler)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments I really enjoyed the whole thing. The banter between all of the characters, the connection between Gabriel and Jane besides sire/childe, and I really liked Dick. He was seriously funny. I found myself laughing out loud, which doesn't happen very often with books.

I agree with you Dee about (view spoiler)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1885 comments **Lisa Kay's mantra: "Don't click the spoilers." "Don't click the spoilers." "Don't click the spoilers." "Don't click the spoilers."**

Samantha | 1381 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "**Lisa Kay's mantra: "Don't click the spoilers." "Don't click the spoilers." "Don't click the spoilers." "Don't click the spoilers."**"

Haha! I'm repeating the same thing as well. My library book better get here quickly!!!!

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1885 comments I know. I got this on audio and I really want to enjoy it, Samantha!

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1885 comments Thanks for putting "whatever is it that is killing me" under spoilers, Dee & Sarah!! I appreciate it. ☺

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 236 comments Don't worry they aren't huge spoilers! It wouldn't ruin anything if you peeked. ;)

Samantha | 1381 comments That's the problem...if I peek one time, then I'll peek the next and the next. It won't stop. LOL

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1885 comments Samantha wrote: "That's the problem...if I peek one time, then I'll peek the next and the next. It won't stop. LOL"

Ditto, Samantha! Once you start, you can't stop.

Dinou R Done! I've listened to it on audio-book: the story was fun (I liked the fact that the heroine was a librarian) & I really liked Dick (I confess: I tend to like bad boys in fiction and hate them in real life, go figure!). Bonus point for the narrator.

message 27: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments I finished this up this am - I do like Amanda Ronconni's narration - I don't know if I would have enjoyed it as much reading it - I think it is def. going to be an audiobook listen series

I kinda had the who dun it figured it out - or rather I had it narrowed down to 2 - I figured that it was (view spoiler) right before it was revealed - SAMANTHA don't look at the spoiler!!

Samantha | 1381 comments LMAO! You had to call me out? I'm not going to peek but I wanna :)

message 29: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments yep, because you said you couldn't resist...so I told you not to ;) call it payback for the Downtown Abbey comments ;)

Samantha | 1381 comments I just checked and my book is in transit. I hope it arrives soon :)

Haha! I guess I had that coming to me, Dee.

Samantha | 1381 comments So my book came in from the library...now I'm hoping to start it sometime this weekend :)

Samantha | 1381 comments I didn't get a chance to start this when I said I would but I'm reading it now. I like the author's humor. Really entertaining so far.

message 33: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments Sam - have you read her naked werewolf series? curious to see which one you like better if you have ;0

Samantha | 1381 comments I haven't. I have the first one ready to go. Which one do you prefer? I know a lot of people like the naked werewolf series.

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (jim_formerly_photojim) | 5294 comments I haven't read the Nice Girls series at all. But I really liked the Naked Werewolf books. And I LOVED her stand alone contemporary.

Samantha | 1381 comments What is her stand alone book?

message 37: by Dee (new) - rated it 3 stars

Dee (austhokie) | 7316 comments i liked the Naked Werewolf - the standalone is And One Last Thing ...

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1885 comments Finally got to this one, ladies. I liked it, but didn't love it. Well narrated, though.

✔ Harper, Molly = Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs ★★★½✩ audible.com 7/4

my goodreads review

Nice Girls Don't Have Fangs (Jane Jameson, #1) by Molly Harper

Samantha | 1381 comments So I finally finished this one. I agree with Lisa Kay. I liked it but didn't love it. The humor was cute at first but after a while, I got a little annoyed. It was short on romance. I'll probably keep with the series but I'm not in a rush to read the next one.