Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Local Hangouts & Meet-Ups > Portland, OR

Comments Showing 1-50 of 122 (122 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 44 comments Anyone in the Portland area able/willing to meet up? I'm new to the area so not really sure on where a good location would be, but I'm certain there are many from driving around town!

message 2: by Katy (new)

Katy | 14 comments I'm down! I moved here a year ago, so I'm not the expert or anything, but I could come up with a few places to meet. I'm in SW. What part of town are you in?

Katy

message 3: by Elise (new)

Elise | 3 comments Let me know if you guys decide to meet up, I live in Beaverton. :)

message 4: by Sarah (last edited Jul 07, 2012 10:16AM) (new)

Sarah (savrit) | 14 comments I'm in Eugene. It's about a two hour drive away but if you get a once a month meet up spot going in Portland I know for sure I could make the trip up for the day. Not to mention I've got other girlfriends that would like to come along as well.

message 5: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 44 comments Great, sounds like a good start to a group! Anyone have any ideas on where? Somewhere with good parking and maybe coffee :)

message 6: by Bagel (new)

Bagel I'm in SW too, we could do one of the many McMenimans? I just moved here too...

message 7: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 44 comments Sounds good to me!! Anyone able to do a meet up before the discussion on the 30th? Maybe a wednesday or Thurday? 25th or 26th. Any other ideas?

message 8: by Bagel (new)

Bagel I can do either of those meeting times. Should we nail down a place? I'm thinking of the Blue Moon on 21st but it can get loud later in the evening, another option is the Lucky Lab on Quimby, I was there last night and it has a nice patio, lots of tables...

Also, I'm new to the group and not sure which book should I read, the pick or the alternate??

message 9: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 44 comments they're both quick reads, but I didn't care for the monthly. The alternate was so good! The series is so fun!

message 10: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 44 comments How about Wed the 25th?

message 11: by Bagel (new)

Bagel The 25th is good for me. I can get 9 Rules... from the library so I'll go with that one. Does the Lucky Lab sound ok for people? and What time on the 25th?

message 12: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 44 comments Sounds good to me, anytime in the late afternoon, do they have a happy hour?

message 13: by Bagel (new)

Bagel I can't find info on one but we might get lucky. You thinking 4 or 5? Just picked up my copy from the library today, nearly halfway through already. I'm liking it.

message 14: by Zachary (new)

Zachary | 34 comments Oregonians! Nice

I'm way down on the south coast (about 6 hours from Portland driving fast .. really fast) so not likely to make the trip, but it's cool you all are meeting up. Represent!

message 15: by Bagel (new)

Bagel Hey everybody, I finished 9 Rules and actually just finished the next in the series too! Anybody thinking of coming out to discuss/hang out on the 25th?

message 16: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 44 comments Yea, I've read the entire series, just finished Penelopes saga, it was excellent!! MUST. READ. ALL. THE. BOOKS. I'll be there, even if its just us two -and hopefully my friend I've tricked into reading the series- and we can gush about the series!

message 17: by Bagel (new)

Bagel It's weird that I actually read 11 before the other 2 in the series, and now I want to read it again just to finish them in proper order. Looking forward to next week!

message 18: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 44 comments So, can we say 7pm at the Lucky Lab? Which location did you go to Becca?

message 19: by Bagel (new)

Bagel @Ginger The NW Quimby is the one by me (the Beer Hall) but if that doesn't work I'm fine going somewhere else. 7 pm is fine for me. I will have my bright yellow bag with me, but I'll private msg you my phone # if you need to text me

message 20: by Katy (new)

Katy | 14 comments Ooh, I haven't been to that one yet! Lets say NW Quimby Lucky Lab. 7pm on the 25th works for me.

message 21: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 44 comments sounds GREAT, I'm so excited, see you guys tonight!!!

message 22: by Katy (new)

Katy | 14 comments Gah! I am so out of it, I didn't realize the 25th was tonight. I can't make it...I'm fighting this awful cold and I doubt you guys want to share.

Becca, Ginger, I hope you guys have a blast, and if you want to do a second meetup, I'm all for it!

message 23: by Bagel (new)

Bagel I'm pumped for this tonight! I should've taken notes b/c I ended up reading all 3 in the series, so I might get details mixed up.

@katy You'll definitely have to come out next time - hope you're feeling better soon!

message 24: by Bagel (new)

Bagel Ok here's the link to that book I was talking about tonight http://bit.ly/OoabXI -- I think there was another thing but I can't remember what it was :P oh well! I had a really good time tonight! Let's definitely plan on meeting up for the next book.

message 25: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 44 comments I put it on my to-read list, so I'll definitely get to it! Felicia has read it, so thats a good indication :)

message 26: by Bagel (new)

Bagel Erg, I don't know about this month's choices - I read Ill Wind like last year for work, I don't remember thinking much of it. And the other one, the surly Djinn character sounds interesting, but I'm giving these choices some side-eye.
Hmm. what do you guys think? Are you going to be reading one of them?

message 27: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 44 comments Yea, I'll probably read both (just because I go through so many books, and I might as well) but a little later in the month so I'll remember them. I didn't know one of the girls (Kiala?) live in Portland, OR! We'll have to get her to come to LL next time!

message 28: by Kiala (new)

Kiala Kazebee | 44 comments Mod
YOU GUYS. I didn't know about this before I am sorry! Will you have another one so I can come?

message 29: by Bagel (new)

Bagel Haha, this is why I can't join book clubs! I'll probably scrounge up a copy of the alt-pick at Powell's since the library doesn't have it. I'm totally up for having another get together for August; our last 2 person meeting was so fun, I figure the more the merrier right?

message 30: by Katy (new)

Katy | 14 comments I'm totally up for another meetup! Turns out I had a sinus infection so no wonder I was way out of it.

And I'm with Ginger, I'll probably read both just because I burn through books so much. As long as its not a total slog (like Kushiel's Dart was for me), it'll happen

message 31: by Monica (new)

Monica (monica1969) | 27 comments Hi! Monica in Canby here! I'm totally down for meeting. Just let me know where and when!

message 32: by Bagel (last edited Aug 01, 2012 10:58AM) (new)

Bagel Yeah, I'm afraid of the total slog, but I picked up a copy at Powell's today (the only copy they had) so I'm ready to give it a go! I'm actually curious to see how it goes, I don't often read women writing men characters, so I'm looking forward to that aspect.

Edit: for stupid typo

message 33: by Ginger (last edited Aug 01, 2012 08:15AM) (new)

Ginger | 44 comments I was looking at the calendar for the next meet up. Does anyone have any objections to Wednesday the 22nd at 7:00?

message 34: by Monica (new)

Monica (monica1969) | 27 comments Ginger, the 24th is a Friday...

But so far, my calendar is clear in August. =)

message 35: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 44 comments Good catch Monica :)

message 36: by Bagel (new)

Bagel Either of those days is good for me - Wednesday or Friday. Wednesday is the last day of my internship so might as well go out and celebrate pending unemployment!

message 37: by Kiala (new)

Kiala Kazebee | 44 comments Mod
I can come either of those days too!

message 38: by Sarah (last edited Aug 02, 2012 02:27PM) (new)

Sarah (savrit) | 14 comments I'm going to re-read it and possibly a few more in the weather warden series. I work in a used book store in Eugene so I'll probably have to order them. We rarely get used copies of paranormal in. Unless it's Laurell K. Hamilton.

I can totally do the 24th at 7pm, but on the 22nd I have a D&D game till 7pm so I would end up missing you guys again.

message 39: by Bagel (new)

Bagel I stand corrected: I'm just glommed a big portion of Master of None today and am really enjoying it so far.

message 40: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 44 comments The only reason I don't like Fri is because it will probably be SUPER busy, that's why I shoot for weekdays. But they do have tons of space, so as long as you promise to come Sarah lets make it Friday the 24th :)

message 41: by Monica (new)

Monica (monica1969) | 27 comments Ginger wrote: "The only reason I don't like Fri is because it will probably be SUPER busy, that's why I shoot for weekdays. But they do have tons of space,..."

I'm good with the 24th at 7! Hope you can make it, Kiala! I'd love to meet you!

message 42: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (savrit) | 14 comments Awesome, I will be there and I'm bringing a few others up with me.

message 43: by Elise (new)

Elise | 3 comments I'll be there too! I didn't go last month because I didnt have time to read either book. I am looking forward to meeting you all!! :)

message 44: by Brittney (new)

Brittney | 49 comments I'm looking forward to trying to meet up with you guys in the future, just not this month. I'll be moving to Portland on the 21st so I will still be getting settled in on the 24th. I also doubt I will get any of the books read this month. Between moving and the library in my current town not having any of them it just isn't going to happen. :( But maybe next month I can join you. :)

message 45: by Diana (new)

Diana | 7 comments I'm in! I'm new in town and my husband tends to work the night shift on Fridays so this is great. Just to confirm -- it will be at the NW Quimby Lucky Lab again?

message 46: by Ginger (new)

Ginger | 44 comments Correct Diana!

message 47: by Katy (new)

Katy | 14 comments Yay! I will totally be there this time - nothing will stand in my way!

message 48: by Bagel (new)

Bagel Still on for 7 tomorrow at Lucky Lab? I've read two of the picks this month, and I'm excited to meet up with everybody!

message 49: by Monica (new)

Monica (monica1969) | 27 comments I'm still planning on going, Becca!

message 50: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (savrit) | 14 comments I'll be there along with Kristen and Em J

« previous 1 3