Q&A with Michel Templet discussion

White Rose

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle (last edited Jun 16, 2012 08:04AM) (new)

Michelle Templet (michel_templet) | 5 comments Mod
So far, White Rose is my best selling book. It is an historical fiction novel set during World War II and the Korean War, which deals with such topics as love, pacifism, and the human spirit in the brutality of war. The main characters, Valentina Lydovka and Mikhail Alekseyev, are Soviet fighter pilots who fall in love while flying together during World War II. After the war, they emigrate to the US, where they face persecution under McCarthyism as the Cold War turns hot in Korea.

This thread is for all your questions and comments related to this book. I thoroughly enjoyed writing White Rose, and I hope you enjoy(ed) reading it!

~ Michel Templet

message 2: by Emily (new)

Emily Hare (emilycarpenter) | 2 comments is this a difficult book to understand? i am a highschool student and love reading new books, but am not sure if i will totally be lost on this genre!

message 3: by Michelle (new)

Emily, I can only speak for myself, but I don't think White Rose is all that tough of a read. Some of my writing is filled with symbolism, nuance, and depth, and while White Rose does have its share of symbolism, it isn't nearly as complicated as a lot of my other works. I wrote it to be fairly straight-forward; all the main points are clearly stated, rather than arrived at through symbolic and nuanced wording.

As always, thanks a lot for your interest! ;)

~ Michel

message 4: by Emily (new)

Emily Hare (emilycarpenter) | 2 comments i will probably end up getting this tonight for my trip home tomorrow...love new books. glad i found your page (:

message 5: by Michelle (new)

I'm glad you did, too! If you have any other questions, I will be more than happy to answer them. :)

~ Michel

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

White Rose (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michelle Templet (other topics)