Darynda Jones Fans discussion

Grave Witch by Kalayna Price > Week 5 - Day 23 - The Road Ahead

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana, Founder (new)

Dana Alma (readaholics) | 1174 comments Mod
How do you think Casey will recover from being in the hands of a killer? Do you think she will be evil or good?

message 2: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) I think it will take her from Gray magic to full Black and Alex will have to confront her sister at some future point. I don't think that Alex could hurt her sister. She will want to capture her. I also wonder if now that her father knows what she's capable of, if he will use Casey for his own goals.

message 3: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments I am not sure how Casey will play out in these novels.

Now, she is more aware of Alex's abilities and the risks she takes. My hope is that this could bring them closer together, but I am a dreamer and always look for the good.

Most likely, Cindy is correct and Casey will struggle with depression and fear while dealing with her capture and will turn to the Black magic in the guise of protection.

As for Daddy, I am stilling crossing my fingers for him to turn out to be a loving father. Cindy, I know it is not likely with him being Faerie but I can wish.

Traci (Mad Hatter Reads) (traci-madhatterreads) | 609 comments Mod
Like Mel I'm not sure how Casey is going to play out in the future books. I do think she's going to go "poor me I was nearly sacrificed" in order to pull even more attention to herself. But I can see her going on of two ways with her magic:
1. Like Cindy says, going WAY dark or
2. Totally swearing it off to become a total fanatic to the anti-magic movement.

message 5: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Traci wrote: "Like Mel I'm not sure how Casey is going to play out in the future books. I do think she's going to go "poor me I was nearly sacrificed" in order to pull even more attention to herself. But I can s..."

Did not think of the anti-magic movement. Great idea, Traci! :)

message 6: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments I think she'll go dark...

Makes for a better story ;-) And you know, we do all love a compelling story!! Bring on the supernatural, family drama!! (I swear I'm not a bad person...)

message 7: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindymac52) Well Alex does have to kick some a$$. Why, oh why does it always wind up being a family member that pushes your "Piss me off" buttons?

message 8: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (thirstyflea) | 223 comments Ahh, but who can push your buttons BETTER than a family member?!? I love my brother and sister but they know exactly how to get under my skin and make me feel (and act) like I'm 5 ;-)

I can't wait to see what crazy journey Price will take us all on with Alex and her sister!

message 9: by Mel (new)

Mel | 829 comments Stephanie wrote: "Ahh, but who can push your buttons BETTER than a family member?!? I love my brother and sister but they know exactly how to get under my skin and make me feel (and act) like I'm 5 ;-)

I can't wai..."

Family always know how to drive you to the looney bin. I can't wait too!