Romantic Historical Fiction Lovers discussion

QUESTIONS > Forgotten Title- Help!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shachar (new)

Shachar (shacharrozin) | 2 comments Hi :) ... a few years back, a friend of mine told me about a lovely romantic historical fiction by Carlene Kon- and ever since, I've desired to read it.

I'm not sure of the author's name, because she read it in Hebrew and that's how it's spelled - but I'm not sure if I've spelled it correctly in English.

What she told me about it is that it takes place at the 1700-1800, and it's about a young woman called Barbara Olderly (again, not sure of the name) who finds herself engaged to an older man, whom she was in love with ever since she was a child (Roger mont...something).
I also remember her telling me there was a love triangle.

It's a book written by an American author that was published in Hebrew during the eighties...

I couldn't find it in Hebrew and I don't know what it's called in English... I'm looking for it so I could finally read it, since my friend had lost the book years ago.

Thank you very much!

message 2: by Misfit (new)

Misfit Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen should be the one you're looking for.

message 3: by Shachar (new)

Shachar (shacharrozin) | 2 comments OMG! thank you very much!!! :)

message 4: by Misfit (new)

Misfit You are welcome.

message 5: by Emery, GROUP FOUNDER (new)

Emery Lee (authoremerylee) | 900 comments Mod
Shachar wrote: "Hi :) ... a few years back, a friend of mine told me about a lovely romantic historical fiction by Carlene Kon- and ever since, I've desired to read it.

I'm not sure of the author's name, because ..."

Hi Shachar! I love this book. It is on our group shelf. Although I didn't care as much for the sequel to it. I did love the prequel about Barbara's grandparents called Dark Angels.
Emery

message 6: by Laura (new)

Laura Misfit wrote: "Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen should be the one you're looking for."

a GREAT reading!!