Next Generation Authors discussion

We are looking for Short Story contributions

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stu (new)

Stu Noss (stunoss) | 4 comments hello everyone,

I'm Stu from www.solqushorts.com

We are currently looking for new contributions to our site. We accept all genres and are more than happy to help you promote your name and work (thats the whole point of the site)

Check out the submission guidelines at http://solqushorts.com/all-about-solq...

Hope some of you are interested. Even if you don't want to contribute it would be wonderful, if you have time, if you could have a look at the site and read some of the shorts.

We run it completely free to help authors, so be great if you could support.

Stu

message 2: by L (new)

L I will take a look. x

message 3: by Stu (new)

Stu Noss (stunoss) | 4 comments Thanks Lucinda. Did you find it helpful?

message 4: by L (new)

L Stu wrote: "Thanks Lucinda. Did you find it helpful?"

I read several short stories and really enjoyed them. It certainly opened my eyes to authors whom i had not herd about, hence one in particular whose work i am now going to look up! A fantastic site, where i only wish that my writing was good enough to post. x

ᑕᗢᗝᒪḰᓮᖙᖇᗢჯ123 ☆*・゜゚・*\(^O^)/*・゜゚・*☆ Cool (coolkidrox123) | 115 comments i got one fpr a school comp:

Julia sat down with her children by the fire. Outside the darkness loomed, but inside the house was warm and cozy. It was Julia’s twentieth wedding anniversary. Her husband, Luke, sat on an armchair, watching Julia and their three kids with a smile. They had just finished eating dinner and to celebrate their twenty years long marriage Julia had bought an orange cake.
“Why did you buy an orange cake?” Susan, the youngest of the three had asked Julia after they had finished eating the cake. Julia had smiled and recalled that magical moment when she had met Luke.
“Come to the living room and I will tell you.” Julia said mysteriously.
When they had all assembled on the living room couch and armchairs Julia began to tell her kids the story of the orange juice.

When Julia was twenty-two years old, she had been an avid artist. She was attending one of the leading universities for creative arts. Luke on the other hand was the lead singer in a band at the age of twenty-three. He had played in pubs and clubs and had participated in a ‘Battle of the Bands’ competition, coming second.
One day on a Sunday morning, Julia went to her local supermarket to get a few things, Luke with the same intensions.
Julia went over to the cold drinks isle and saw that there was only one bottle of orange juice left. She reached over to it but was beat to it by a young man. The young man had black, choppy hair and deep, mysterious black eyes. He held the bottle in his hand, then looked up to see Julia.
“Oh, did you want this too?” He asked her, a smile on his face.
“Yes, I did.” Julia replied bluntly. She did not have time to chat, she had a whole lot of studying to do if she wanted to get a degree in her art course. He chuckled at her bluntness.
“Easy now, I’d give you the bottle any other time but I need it.” The young man told Julia.
Julia was about to protest when he walked away. Frustrated she followed him to the vegetables area.
“Well, just for your information, I had gotten there before you!” Julia argued, trying to keep her voice levelled.
“Yeah, but I got to it first.” The young man said in what sounded like an amused tone, which frustrated Julia even further.
“Well, at least be a gentleman and be kind to a lady!”
At this, the young man snorted.
“Just ‘cause you’re a lady doesn’t mean you need any special treatment, and by the looks of it you ain’t no lady anyways.” Now he was just playing with her.
“I don’t have to be a lady to get the juice that I have obvious rights to!”
“Same as me, all I did was claiming the rights before you!” He said, that teasing smile still on his face.
“Look. I have a very important exam coming up and all I wanted was a cool and refreshing drink to cool down my nerves!” Julia fumed.
“Ok, ok, no need to get grouchy over juice!” He raised his hands up in mock surrender, then handed her the orange juice. Julia didn’t expect him to give in so easily, but she smiled a satisfactory smile and began to walk away.
“Wait!” He called out when she was a metre away, “You didn’t tell me your name!”
“Julia Woods.” She said, hiding a smile wich turned to a frown when he came over.
“Names Luke White.” He said, giving her a small bow and raised his imaginary hat to her.
“You from around here?” Julia asked him. Luke nodded.
“yeah, from just up the street, me and my band mates are sharing an apartment, how ‘bout you?”
“My university is close by.” Julia replied.
“University, the creative arts one?” He asked with surprise. Julia knew that only a select few could get into the university. She nodded.
“Yeah, I speasilies in drawing and sculptures.”

message 6: by L (new)

L Aria N. wrote: "I have a short story that I had published into my schools newspaper online :) and i published it on here. Its fantasy, going to extend it into a childrens series.
: http://www.goodreads.com/story/..."

Really enjoyed reading it! thank you x

message 7: by Aria (new)

Aria Ahmer (viramage) | 28 comments sorry I had to delete that story :c