Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Short Stories > Looking for Short Story writers

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stu (new)

Stu Noss (stunoss) | 13 comments hello everyone,

I'm Stu from www.solqushorts.com (also a writer and goodreader myself)

We are currently looking for new contributions to our site. We accept all genres and are more than happy to help you promote your name and work (thats the whole point of the site)

Check out the submission guidelines at http://solqushorts.com/all-about-solq...

Hope some of you are interested. Even if you don't want to contribute it would be wonderful, if you have time, if you could have a look at the site and read some of the shorts.

We run it completely free to help authors, so be great if you could support.

Stu

message 2: by Jenn (new)

Jenn Flynn-Shon (jennshon) | 51 comments The site looks really interesting Stu. I've been thinking of sharing some of my shorts in between release dates of my novels. Signed up for email & following you on twitter now. Looking forward to getting to explore the site a little more & hopefully sharing some work! Thanks so much!

Ripple the Twine by Jenn Flynn-Shon

message 3: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 227 comments I've got a short story reaching completion now and would love to send it your way, this might provide the impetus to get it done.

I've also got a completed short which is already due to be published in a Kindle anthology in the Autumn - could we squeeze it in over the Summer? Is that doable Stu? What's your turnaround time on submissions?

message 4: by Mark (new)

Mark Rayner (markarayner) | 5 comments I like your mission, and I may have a non-comic short in the trunk that would work for your site!

message 5: by Stu (new)

Stu Noss (stunoss) | 13 comments Jenn wrote: "The site looks really interesting Stu. I've been thinking of sharing some of my shorts in between release dates of my novels. Signed up for email & following you on twitter now. Looking forward to ..."

Hey Jen

thanks for the sign up and follow. Don't use twitter alot (haven't worked out how to use it effectively!). If you'd like to contribute to the site the email is solqu at hot mail dot co dot uk

If not hope you can find a wee bit of time to have read on there.

Thanks once again!!

stu

message 6: by Stu (new)

Stu Noss (stunoss) | 13 comments Andrew wrote: "I've got a short story reaching completion now and would love to send it your way, this might provide the impetus to get it done.

I've also got a completed short which is already due to be publish..."

hi Andrew

thanks for the reply. We would be happy to publish it, as long as it doesn't cause any copyright issues come the kindle version.

Turn around time depends on how many stories we have queued. We like to try and allow each story to have at least a couple of says as one of the two featured stories before posting a new one.

So at mo I'd say a couple of weeks wait.

Hope that helps and thanks for your support.

Spread the word to all your writing contacts!

stu

www.solqushorts.com

message 7: by Stu (new)

Stu Noss (stunoss) | 13 comments Mark wrote: "I like your mission, and I may have a non-comic short in the trunk that would work for your site!"

Thanks Mark,

all support is most definately welcome and it would be a pleasure to host your short if you want o submit it.

stu

message 8: by Andrew (new)

Andrew Lawston (andrewlawston) | 227 comments Thanks for the clarification. I think I'll hold fire with the completed story and send you the new one when it's finished instead.

message 9: by Astrid (new)

Astrid (artistikem) | 5 comments Love the site. Joined your followers and will try and send you a story soon! Thanks for sharing it.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

Sounds interesting! I wrote a short story a few years ago. Thanks!

message 11: by Stu (new)

Stu Noss (stunoss) | 13 comments Astrid wrote: "Love the site. Joined your followers and will try and send you a story soon! Thanks for sharing it."

thanks for following Astrid. Be wonderful if you could pass the link on and spread the word. I run the site for free so building readership is key!#
stu

message 12: by Stu (new)

Stu Noss (stunoss) | 13 comments Thanks everyone for the replies. Hope you all enjoy the site and it you'd like to contribute please feel free to get in touch.

stu

message 13: by Astrid (new)

Astrid (artistikem) | 5 comments Stu wrote: "Astrid wrote: "Love the site. Joined your followers and will try and send you a story soon! Thanks for sharing it."

thanks for following Astrid. Be wonderful if you could pass the link on and spre..."

Will do! :)

message 14: by Stu (new)

Stu Noss (stunoss) | 13 comments many many thanks