Q&A with author Frank Nappi discussion

Echoes from the Infantry

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frank (new)

Frank Nappi (fnap33) | 258 comments Mod
The first book I wrote "Echoes from the Infantry" (WWII tale about a Long Island soldier - and winner of the 2006 MWSA silver medal for outstanding fiction) is now available on Kindle!! I wrote this book before my Mickey Tussler series and it has been out of print for some time. Now that it is available,I hope you can check it out and let me know what you think...

http://www.amazon.com/ECHOES-FROM-THE...

Echoes from the Infantry A Novel by Frank Nappi

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Sailor | 2 comments Congratulations - I am looking forward to reading it. A very different topic from your Mickey Tussler series.

message 3: by Marc (new)

Marc Zirogiannis (taekwondo1) | 5 comments Frank - glad to hear. I tried to purchase Echoes after reading The Legend of Mickey Tussler and Sophomore Campaign - but was disappointed to find out that it was out of print. I am guessing based on the subject matter that you have an interest in war as well as baseball.....looking forward to another good read.

message 4: by Cyndee (new)

Cyndee Thomas | 20 comments Frank wrote: "The first book I wrote "Echoes from the Infantry" (WWII tale about a Long Island soldier - and winner of the 2006 MWSA silver medal for outstanding fiction) is now available on Kindle!! I wrote thi..."

Rachel wrote: "Congratulations - I am looking forward to reading it. A very different topic from your Mickey Tussler series."

Frank wrote: "The first book I wrote "Echoes from the Infantry" (WWII tale about a Long Island soldier - and winner of the 2006 MWSA silver medal for outstanding fiction) is now available on Kindle!! I wrote thi..."

Frank~ I like WWII books. How did you find inspiration to write this?

message 5: by Frank (new)

Rachel wrote: "Congratulations - I am looking forward to reading it. A very different topic from your Mickey Tussler series."

Thank you Rachel! I hope you let me know what you think after you read the book.

message 6: by Cyndee (new)

Cyndee Thomas | 20 comments What inspired you to write the WWII book? Cyndee

message 7: by Frank (new)

Cyndee wrote: "Frank wrote: "The first book I wrote "Echoes from the Infantry" (WWII tale about a Long Island soldier - and winner of the 2006 MWSA silver medal for outstanding fiction) is now available on Kindle..."

Echoes was inspired by a very special friendship I formed with two WWII veterans. Their stories were both haunting and captivating and inspired me to write the novel.

message 8: by Frank (new)

Cyndee wrote: "What inspired you to write the WWII book? Cyndee"

Echoes was inspired by a very special friendship I formed with two WWII veterans. Their stories were both haunting and captivating and inspired me to write the novel.

message 9: by Cyndee (new)

Cyndee Thomas | 20 comments I can understand that. My Dad was Air Force and in Japan. He tells WWII stories that amaze,scare and amuse me too. I will put your book on my TBR List/
Cyndee

message 10: by Betty (new)

Betty (BettyDravis) | 9 comments Hi, Frank, So glad you're going with Kindle on your terrific debut novel that I had the privilege of reviewing when it first launched. Awesome book!

Love all your books, as you know... I am having better luck with e-books than with print ones. I know yours will sell well. Keep us posted about the movie of Sophomore Campaign too. I adore the movie based on your first MICKEY TUSSLER so much that I got it on DVD. My daughter borrowed it and I'm having trouble getting it back for my other daughter to watch... See how popular you are?

Hugs and all the best always - Betty
P.S. I'd love a review from you on my latest SIX-PACK OF BLOOD. Know you're busy, but we all are...too much so. xo

message 11: by Frank (new)

Thanks Betty -- let me see what I can do!

message 12: by Frank (new)

Cyndee wrote: "I can understand that. My Dad was Air Force and in Japan. He tells WWII stories that amaze,scare and amuse me too. I will put your book on my TBR List/
Cyndee"

Hi Cyndee,

So many folks have written to me and have expressed the same sentiment. The story is haunting for sure...but on a larger level therapeutic and liberating in a way as well. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

message 13: by Frank (new)

Hi Meredith - it's really a parallel story that chronicles how a family deals with a veteran's post traumatic stress disorder. The story alternates between the past and the present - providing the reader with a glimpse of how the main character "came to be."
So it's both a war story and a story of family - and definitely a story about the human condition.