Editio Self-Publishing discussion

General > Need writers for 2012 Writing & Publishing Survey

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 7 comments As you know, the publishing industry is in great flux and traditional publishing paradigms are breaking down. The recently released Taleist Survey looked at self-published authors but ignored those published traditionally (both through big-six and small press) and also didn't take into consideration "hybrid" authors who have feet in on both sides of the door.
Also, they did not release their raw data, making it impossible to do any analysis.

In order to get a better picture about the CURRENT publishing landscape, as well as what paths writers are pursuing I've created a survey and need writers (both aspiring and published) to help bring some clarity to today's publishing climate.

The survey is designed so that you can skip sections that don't apply to you (for instance if you are not yet published). As a way of saying thanks, I'll provide my analysis AND raw data to all those who participate (minus any identifying information – such as email address).

I already have more than 400 authors contributing, but need even more. Talelist had 1,000 and I would like to try and match that number.

Regardless of whether you have published, or are working to publish, I want to hear from you. You can take the survey here.

Michael Sullivan
Author of The Riyria Revelations

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken Consaul | 150 comments Michael wrote: "I want to hear from you. You can take the survey here."

Put me down as a BTDT. I don't see any replies since your 6-16 post. Is the survey getting some attention and people just aren't responding here?

Of course, if they don't, my opinions will dominate the results (as they should).

message 3: by Christine (new)

Christine Rice (christine_rice) | 33 comments I took the survey. It was interesting.

message 4: by Mystie (new)

Mystie | 8 comments I took the survey. It's humbling to see some of that stuff written out.

message 5: by David (new)

David Bergsland (david_bergsland) | 37 comments Good survey... Iliked it better than the Taleist survey

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 7 comments Thanks guys - We are starting to get up there in data - please send any writer friends you know that way.