CGC (Christian Girls Chat) discussion

Writings > Valencia's Writings

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Ok so the poems that I post here are apart of my 'story' called Yes God. I have other 'stories' and I'll just post a link to my page of writings on Goodreads if you want to read them. I have a story called Love Saga and Life Lessons that have some of my favorite poems from things that have happened in my life.

My Writings: http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/6...

message 2: by Valencia (last edited Jun 16, 2012 02:04AM) (new)

Valencia (empowered) This poem is my prayer to God to be my everything. I wrote this after a period of my life where I realized that I was nothing and I had nothing at all. Everything that I was God made made me to be that way and everything I had wasn't mine because there will come a time when I'll have to give it all back to God and show Him what I did with His blessings.

Be

Be the fire to Ignite my soul
Be the water to Quench my thirst
Be the oxygen to Breathe life into my destruction
Be the Hero Rescue me from myself
Be the bulldozer to Crush my dreams and
Replace them with True Purpose
Be the magician to Transform my mind
Be the nutrients to Sustain my heart
Be the muscle to Develop my wings and
Be the wind that Suspends me in air
Be the seamstress and Clothe me in grace
Be the ocean and Drown me in mercy
Be the man to Wrap me in love
and Caress me with favor
Lord inhabit my spirit and
Be the one to Make me better than I am
Be my Strength to fight my battles
Be by my side through all the pain
Be the one who Loves through it all
Lord just Be.............

message 3: by Valencia (last edited Jun 16, 2012 02:08AM) (new)

Valencia (empowered) In this poem I'm taking a look at what this world has dictated as pretty and what we try to do to feel beautiful. I've put that beauty up against what's beautiful in God's eyes. You can look at the two and decide which beauty do you see when you look in the mirror. Why dress up a mummy when it's just rotting underneath?

True Beauty

Am I beautiful when I put on this 'pretty' face?
Does my beauty show in these tight blue jeans?
Can you see the real me through this low cut shirt?
Is what you see the true beauty of me?

Am I beautiful with tears of praise on my face?
Does my beauty show with my arms out raised?
Can you see the real me in this suit of glory?
Is what you see the true beauty of Christ's sacrifice for me?

Am I beautiful with this expensive make up on?
Does my beauty show through my worn out soul?
Can you see the true reason for my 'attractive' appearance?
Is what you see the true beauty of me?

Am I beautiful with this make up of love?
Does my beauty shine through this God seeking soul?
Can you see the true living God through this spirit of praise?
Is what you see the true God given beauty of me?

Two different minds, two different appearances
Two different hearts, two different beauties.
When you hold out that mirror which do you see?
The true beauty of you? Or the true beauty of Him in you?

Bare open your soul to God and not your body to man.
Bow down in His love and not the fleeting love of man.
Adorn yourself in his mercy and not in the tainted jewels of this world.
Find your beauty in a never changing God and not in the instablity of man.

Now look and you'll see the true everlasting beauty of me.

message 4: by Janette (new)

Janette Mapes | 48 comments I love both of these Valencia! Would you care if I shared them? Also do you mind if I quote you: "Everything that I was God made me to be that way and everything I had wasn't mine because there will come a time when I'll have to give it all back to God and show Him what I did with His blessings."
These just touched me today Thank-you! :)

message 5: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

Carolyn (caroheartsbooks) | 9968 comments Mod
thats so cool! how do u do that??

message 6: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Janette wrote: "I love both of these Valencia! Would you care if I shared them? Also do you mind if I quote you: "Everything that I was God made me to be that way and everything I had wasn't mine because there ..."

Sure!! Lol just quote me ;)

message 7: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Caro wrote: "thats so cool! how do u do that??"

It just comes to me. When I have something on my heart, and can't get them out I write. I've been doing it on and off for about 4-5 years.

message 8: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

love it. God given talent :)

message 9: by Sam (new)

Sam (Readlovelaughlive) | 4404 comments Valencia wrote: "Caro wrote: "thats so cool! how do u do that??"

It just comes to me. When I have something on my heart, and can't get them out I write. I've been doing it on and off for about 4-5 years."

Me too, lol. I just express so much better in writing. These are great, Valencia!

message 10: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Thanks Sam

message 11: by Alkmini (new)

Alkmini WOW! I love both of them, especially the second one :)

message 12: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) :) that's my newest one. Me and my best friend unnknowingly go back and forth with peoms. She'll write one and put it online then I'll do one. She'll do another one before I write again lol

message 13: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) So I added a new set of stories called Rants and I'm ranting about random things that bug me and in generally very stupid but I seem to be the only one to know it. Anyway I do put biblical stand points after I.let out my frustration so yea if you like stuff like that check it out!!!!!

message 14: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Ok so this poem is kind of how I imagine talking to a nonbeliever. It's hard to say no to all the things you get out of loving and believing in God. That's the wonderful thing about Christianity. Our God knows everything we go through. He knows our hearts. He never changes so we can always and forever trust what His word says. I mean really with God you can reach for the stars and actually claim them for your own!!!

The Ultimate Deal

You looking for a deal?
I got a good one for you.
You looking for love and affection?
I know just the thing boo!
Oh you need some healing?
I know the perfect remedy.
Want some peace and comfort?
Well of course we have that this is no comedy.
Yes this deal has it all!
But hold on my guarantee
Will surely intice you.
My guarantee is life for eternity.
What's this amazing deal you ask?
Why it's God for sure.
How can you seal this deal?
With a humble spirit and a heart so pure.
Just lift up your arms
And give Him your all.
He'll never forsake you
And He's there whenever you call.
He'll forever be with you.
Isn't this a great steal!
So now what do you say?
Will you take this ultimate deal?

message 15: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

Okay i like this one!!

message 17: by Carolyn, The God of Angel Armies (new)

lolz i love reading ur rants! so true

message 18: by Valencia (new)

Valencia (empowered) Ok so I have a new rant and I'd love some help with it. I'm look for constructive critism. I want to know if what I wrote is understandable, proved well, on point and all that good stuff. It's a semi-rant/lesson/lecture/essay/arguement about the church, religions, denominations, and the people behind it. Now I want critism about what is said NOT about the topic. If anyone wants to argue about what I say start a new topic and we can talk/discuss it there. Ok? Thanks a mill!! Oh yea and it's pretty long, but please at least try to skim it!!!! http://www.goodreads.com/story/show/3...

message 19: by Janette (new)

Janette Mapes | 48 comments This was good & I think it was well thought out, backed up with scripture, easy to understand (i wrote more on the rant itself). I have a hard time believing you are only just starting college. So wise...

message 20: by Valencia (last edited Aug 02, 2012 02:16PM) (new)

Valencia (empowered) I have a theory that I was born two years earlier than I was told and there's a Bourne sized conspiracy behind it!!! Lol thanks Janette I really appreciate your time ^_^

message 21: by Janette (new)

Janette Mapes | 48 comments When I write about something usually my mind goes a hundred miles an hour & I write as I think. Which means many times random stuff gets put in there & then I think that's a good thought & before you know it my one page writing is 2000 pages long. God has given you a gift to be able write about a topic & stay on topic & make such good points. God will surely bless you in whatever ministry he is preparing you for! We will miss you being away at college & not being on here giving such good advice. Visit as often as you can.