Camp Half Blood - Στρατόπεδο μισό αίματος discussion

Quotes

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Zosister (new)

Zosister Your Favorite quotes from any of the Percy Jackson and Heroes of Olympus books/ movie

message 2: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “It is," I said. "And it's not even difficult. But I need your promise on the River Styx." "What?" Dionysus cried. "You don't trust us?" "Someone once told me," I said, looking at Hades, "you should always get a solemn oath." Hades shrugged. "Guilty.”

message 3: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “Ever had a flying burrito hit you? Well, it's a deadly projectile, right up there with cannonballs and grenades.”

message 4: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “With great power... comes great need to take a nap. Wake me up later.”

― Rick Riordan, The Last Olympian
tags: nico

message 5: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “Hades raised an eyebrow. When he sat forward in his throne, shadowy faces appeared in the folds of his black robes, faces of torment,as if the garment was stitched of trapped souls from the Fields of Punishment, trying to get out. The ADHD part of me wondered, off-task, whether the rest of his clothes were made the same way. What horrible things would you have to do in your life to get woven into Hades' underwear?”

message 6: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we're related for better or for worse...and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum.”

message 7: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “God alert!" Blackjack yelled. "It's the wine dude!
Mr. D sighed in exasperation. "The next person, or horse, who calls me the 'wine dude' will end up in a bottle of Merlot!”

message 8: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “My dear young cousin, if there's one thing I've learned over the eons, it's that you can't give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it.”

message 9: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “Hello, Olympus! Aeolus, master of the winds here, with weather every twelve! We‘ll have a low-pressure system moving over Florida today, so expect milder temperatures since Demeter wishes to spare the citrus farmers!‖ He gestured at the blue screen, but when Jason checked the monitors, he saw that a digital image was being projected behind Aeolus, so it looked like he was standing in front of a U.S. map with animated smiley suns and frowny storm clouds. ―Along the eastern seaboard—oh, hold on.‖ He tapped his earpiece. ―Sorry, folks! Poseidon is angry with Miami today, so it looks like that Florida freeze is back on! Sorry, Demeter. Over in the Midwest, I‘m not sure what St. Louis did to offend Zeus, but you can expect winter storms! Boreas himself is being called down to punish the area with ice. Bad news, Missouri! No, wait. Hephaestus feels sorry for central Missouri, so you all will have much more moderate temperatures and sunny skies.”

message 10: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “―Well … Zeus approves,‖ Aeolus muttered. ―He says … he says it would be better if you could avoid saving her until after the weekend, because he has a big party planned—Ow! That‘s Aphrodite yelling at him, reminding him that the solstice starts at dawn. She says I should help you. And Hephaestus… yes. Hmm. Very rare they agree on anything. Hold on …‖”

message 11: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “Jason scratched his head. "You named him Festus? You know that in Latin, ‘festus’ means ‘happy’? You want us to ride off to save the world on Happy the Dragon?”

message 12: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “Afterward, I had the last laugh. I made an air bubble at the bottom of the lake. Our friends kept waiting for us to come up, but hey-when you are the son of Poseidon, you don't have to hurry. And it was pretty much the best underwater kiss of all time.”

message 13: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “Dreams like a podcast,
Downloading truth in my ears.
They tell me cool stuff."
"Apollo?" I guess, because I figured nobody else could make a haiku that bad.
He put his finger to his lips. "I'm incognito. Call me Fred."
"A god named Fred?”

message 14: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “In a way, it's nice to know that there are Greek gods out there, because you have somebody to blame when things go wrong. For instance, when you're walking away from a bus that's just been attacked by monster hags and blown up by lightning, and it's raining on top of everything else, most people might think that's just really bad luck; when you're a half-blood, you understand that some devine force is really trying to mess up your day.”

message 15: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “Grover was sniffing the wind, looking nervous. He fished out his acorns and threw them into the sand, then played his pipes. They rearranged themselves in a pattern that made no sense to me, but Grover looked concerned.
"That's us," he said. "Those five nuts right there."
"Which one is me?" I asked.
"The little deformed one," Zoe suggested.
"Oh, shut up.”

message 16: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “Jumping out a window five hundred feet above ground is not usually my idea of fun. Especially when I'm wearing bronze wings and flapping my arms like a duck.”

message 17: by Zosister (last edited Jul 25, 2012 04:09AM) (new)

Zosister “People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a person, he can't be fixed.”

“It seemed weird calling a teenager 'sir' but I'd learned to be careful with immortals. They tended to get offended easily. Then, they blew stuff up.”

message 18: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “What if it lines up like it did in the Trojan War ... Athena versus Poseidon?"
"I don't know. But I just know that I'll be fighting next to you."
"Why?"
"Because you're my friend, Seaweed Brain. Any more stupid questions?”

message 19: by Zosister (last edited Jul 25, 2012 04:13AM) (new)

Zosister “Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing.”
― Rick Riordan, The Lightning Thief

“How did you die?"
"We er....drowned in a bathtub."
"All three of you?"
"It was a big bathtub.”

message 20: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “She glared at me like she was about to punch me, but then she did something that surprised me even more. She kissed me.
"Be careful seaweed brain." She said putting on her invisible cap and disappearing.
I probably would have sat there all day, trying to remember my name, but then the sea demons came.”

message 21: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “I nodded, looking at Rachel with respect. "You hit the Lord of the Titans in the eye with a blue plastic hairbrush.”

message 22: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “Monkey bar," Annabeth said. "I'm great at these." She leaped onto to the first rung and start swinging her way across. She was scared of tiny spiders, but not of plummeting to her death from a set of monkey bars. Go figure.”

message 23: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “Braccas meas vescimini!"
I wasn't sure where the Latin came from. I think it meant 'Eat my pants!”

message 24: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “I don't recommend shadow travel if you're scared of:
a) The dark
b) Cold shivers up your spine
c) Strange noises
d) Going so fast you feel like your face is peeling off
In other words, I thought it was awesome.”

message 25: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “She said this in the same way you might say Fields of Punishment or Hades's gym shorts.”
― Rick Riordan, The Titan's Curse

message 26: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “Hermes gazed up at the stars. 'My dear young cousin, if there's one thing I've learned over the eons, it's that you can't give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it. It doesn't matter if they hate you, or embarrass you, or simply don't appreciate your genius for inventing the Internet--”

message 27: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “New lesson, class. Most monsters will vaporize when sliced with a celestial bronze sword. This change is perfectly normal, and will happen to you right now if you don't BACK OFF!" - Percy”

message 28: by Zosister (new)

Zosister “So, you wrecked Alcatraz Island, made Mount St. Helens explode, and displaced half a million people, but at least you're safe."
"Yep, that pretty much covers it.”

message 29: by Zosister (last edited Jul 25, 2012 04:22AM) (new)

Zosister “Can you surf really well, then?"
I looked at Grover, who was trying hard not to laugh.
"Jeez, Nico," I said. "I've never really tried."
He went on asking questions. Did I fight a lot with Thalia, since she was a daughter of Zeus? (I didn't answer that one.) If Annabeth's mother was Athena, the goddess of wisdom, then why didn't Annabeth know better than to fall off a cliff? (I tried not to strangle Nico for asking that one.) Was Annabeth my girlfriend? (At this point, I was ready to stick the kid in a meat-flavored sack and throw him to the wolves.)”

“You might as well ask an artist to explain his art, or ask a poet to explain his poem. It defeats the purpose. The meaning is only clear thorough the search.”

message 30: by Jess (new)

Jess Jess | 194 comments Mod
Zoe wrote: "“Ever had a flying burrito hit you? Well, it's a deadly projectile, right up there with cannonballs and grenades.”"

BAHAHAHAHA

message 31: by Sam (new)

Sam | 384 comments 'Even by demigod standards, Leo was seriously ADHD.' –Annabeth, the Mark of Athena.

message 32: by Zosister (new)

Zosister On the stern quarterdeck, Leo brushed around like a madman, checking his gauges and levers.  Most helmsmen would have been satisfied with a pilot’s wheel or a rudder.  Leo had installed a keyboard monitor aviation controls from a leer jet and dubstep soundboard and the motion control sensors from a Nintendo Wii.  He could fire the ship by pulling on the throttle or fire the weapons by sampling an album or raise the sails by shaking his Wii controllers really fast.  Even by demigod standards, Leo was seriously ADHD. - Annabeth, Marf of Athena

message 33: by Zosister (new)

Zosister The last thing they needed, flying a Greek trireme into a potentially hostile Roman camp, was a middle-aged satyr in gym clothes waving a club and yelling “DIE!”.- Annabeth Mark of Athena

message 34: by Sam (new)

Sam | 384 comments Whhich just proves my theory that the best people have the rottenest luck - Percy Jackson, the lightning thief.

Dhriti(Annabeth)(Ginny) Chase (dramaqueen101percyismine) awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 36: by Sam (new)

Sam | 384 comments Percy yelled, “What’s going— Gah! Shrimpzilla!” - Percy Jackson, the Mark of Athena

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) "Yeah! Bring it on lake!" -Coach Gleeson Hedge

"I should've blown more stuff up." -Coach Gleeson Hedge

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

"Call me Baccus, or misster Baccus, or Lord Baccus, Or sometime Oh my gods please don't kill me, Lord Baccus." -Baccus (The Mark of ATHENA)

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Lol. Hehe

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

message 41: by Sam (new)

Sam | 384 comments BAHAHAHAHAH, have you guys finished MoA? I want to kill rick

MOVED - CHECK BIO (izzylightfleur) Yeah, I finished it. I can't believe I have to wait a year for the next book! But, *sigh*, for a bok to be good, ya have to wait.

message 43: by Rose (new)

Rose | 142 comments House of Hades, come faster!!! D:

message 44: by Sam (new)

Sam | 384 comments I know right.
I do like the Kane chronicles but I reckon he should finish HoO first.

message 45: by Rose (new)

Rose | 142 comments NO! THEN IT WILL BE OvEr!!!! nooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

message 46: by Rose (new)

Rose | 142 comments "yes" She sad carefully "It's on the little Tiber. I think I can find t but I should-"
"Take me along," Percy finished. "Yeah, you're right."
Annabeth glared daggers at him. "That's not-"
"Safe." He supplied. "One demigod walking through Rome alone. I'll go with you as far as the Tiber."

~Annabeth & Percy, MoA

message 47: by Rose (new)

Rose | 142 comments "Mussolini?" Leo frowned. "Wasn't he like BFF's with Hitler?"
Hazel stared at himlike he was an alien. "BFF's?"

~Leo & Hazel, MoA

message 48: by Rose (new)

Rose | 142 comments "Hey, I'm thinking of naming this next book 'The Lost Hero'. What do you think?"
"No, Dad it should be 'Happy the Dragon's Magical adventure'!"
"I think I'll stick with the lost hero."
~Rick Riorden and son's Ideas for the name of the Lost hero.

message 49: by Sam (new)

Sam | 384 comments LOL, I love that last one.

Percy looked better, except he was carrying a-tie-dyed man satchel from R.O.F.L.—definitely not his style. — Frank Zhang, the Son of Neptune

message 50: by Rose (new)

Rose | 142 comments Thanks, Rick was saying funny stuff like that at the Q&A the other day....

« previous 1

Camp Half Blood - Στρατόπεδο μισό αίματος

unread topics | mark unread