What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA book about a girl who lives in a small town. Spoiler in post

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla The main character has a best friend who went away for a year. When the friend moved back, she had a sister named Grace or Gracie, I think. The sister is actually the best friend's daughter.

The book is fairly new, published no earlier than 2000.

message 2: by Karla (new)

Karla Any ideas?

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) Sorry. :(
You might want to find a goodreads group tagged Young Adult or YA, join, and tell them we've failed you. Ok, maybe don't say that - just ask nicely; most groups here are friendly and ready to help folks even if they aren't active members.

message 4: by LauraW (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 374 comments The book plot sounds so familiar to me, but I have searched my books and can't find it. Sigh.

message 5: by Karla (new)

Karla Thanks both of you for taking the time to respond.

message 6: by Tanya (new)

Tanya (tkothari) | 16 comments If you find the title can you post it here please. I think I've read that book but I can't remember the title either.
Thanks

message 7: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2086 comments This TVtropes page has a list of books with this kind of theme (baby sisters that are really daughters) http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php... - one of the books listed might be the one you're looking for.

message 8: by oliviasbooks (last edited Aug 26, 2012 07:41AM) (new)

oliviasbooks | 191 comments What about Broken Soup by Jenny Valentine ? The plot is a bit different, though: The main character, whose brother died, is accidentally handed some photo negatives at a café. Because of the negatives, she befriends her late brother's girlfriend, who has a brand-new baby brother now ...

message 9: by Peter (new)

Peter Meilinger | 474 comments Chris Crutcher has had this as a subplot in at least a couple of his books. Deadline is the only one I'm sure of, but TV Tropes says he did it in Ironman, too.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38268 comments Mod
Karla is no longer in the group, maybe this should be Abandoned.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Broken Soup (other topics)