Great Middle Grade Reads discussion

S.W. Lothian
This topic is about S.W. Lothian
AUTHORS' CORNER > S.W. Lothian - The Quest Series - Action. Adventure. Magic. Mystery.Time Travel

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.W. (last edited Jun 02, 2013 03:40AM) (new)

S.W. (swlothian) | 843 comments Mod
I am the author of the 'awsomostest' exciting Middle Grade series "The Quest Series".

If you put Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Indiana Jones & Matthew Reilly into a blender and set it to high speed, you would get The Quest Series.

Just in case you would like to know more about me or my books here are a couple of links.

Goodreads: S.W. Lothian
Blog: http://swlothian.wordpress.com/

message 2: by S.W. (new)

The Golden Scarab (The Quest Series - Book 1) by S.W. Lothian

The Golden Scarab is the first book of The Quest Series.

This book introduces readers to three new heroes that are sure to become favourites with MG readers.

JJ, is a 12 year old living a normal happy life, until one day he visits his father's museum and his life is turned updside down. Along with his best friend, Linc, and new friend Rani, they are catapulted back in time to ancient Egypt.

The three of them must embark on a quest that is full of heart-pumping excitement and mystery. There is a great mix of humour, action, adventure and magic as they race against time to preserve the peace. Danger is never far behind as a nasty army of Uberdiles (living statues), controlled by a power hungry God, pursue and try to stop them.

You'll be amazed at the traps and ambushes they must overcome, as they search for the magical Golden Scarab. It's the only thing that can ensure the peace of Egypt isn't shattered.

If they don't succeed, it spells disaster for ancient and modern Egypt.

message 3: by S.W. (new)

The Cursed Nile (The Quest Series - Book 2) by S.W. Lothian

The Cursed Nile is the second book in The Quest Series.

This adventure picks up a short while after edge-of-your-seat action of The Golden Scarab. Our three heroes, JJ, Linc and Rani are called on, by Horus (King of the Gods), to return to ancient Egypt.

There has been a mysterious event that has emptied the Nile of it's precious water. To make matters worse, the Nile God (Hapi), has also mysteriously disappeared. New and old friends join this dangerous quest that sees the gang in a race against the flow of time.

Danger lurks at every turn as they try to solve the mystery and battle against those who want to see them fail. As time flows by it is running out fast. If they fail it will change history - if they succeed it will preserve it.

'The Cursed Nile’ is an epic battle where the past has the power to change the future, and the future has the power to change the past. Which one will triumph?

message 4: by S.W. (last edited Sep 08, 2012 06:19PM) (new)

The Golden Scarab is on sale on Amazon for this week (until 12th Sept).

http://www.amazon.com/Quest-One-Golde...

Why not drop by and grab a copy?
It costs less than a burger and won't give you heartburn!

Even after the sale, it's still a bargain!

It's a great read (I am biased) which has plenty of action, adventure, mystery and humor. Who knows, you may discover that it's your new favorite series.

Cheers

message 5: by S.W. (last edited Oct 20, 2012 06:38PM) (new)

The Golden Scarab
by S.W. Lothian

The Golden Scarab is FREE on Amazon for one day only - 21st october 2012.

http://amzn.com/B006X00KVA

You are all welcome to drop by and grab a copy.

If you do, please read it and leave a review .... I would really appreciate to hear your thoughts.... and then please spread the word and tell everyone about my book.

It's a big world of books out there and mine is just one in the ocean .... please give it a try.

Even after the sale, it's still a bargain that costs less than a burger, and it won't give you heartburn!

For those who aren't into the ereader thing, the paperback has just been relaunched and is available at Createspace and Amazon.

It's a great read (I am biased) which has plenty of action, adventure, mystery and humor. Who knows, you may discover that it's your new favorite series.

Cheers

message 6: by S.W. (new)

To celebrate the re-launch of The Golden Scarab in paperback, I'm currently running a giveaway here on Goodreads for a paperback copy.

It's a fast and exciting middle grade time-travel adventure that's sure to knock your socks off. Try putting Percy Jackson, Matthew Reilly, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter in a blender ... you get The Quest Series (The Golden Scarab is book 1 of the series).

The Golden Scarab (The Quest Series - Book 1) by S.W. Lothian by S.W. Lothian

Here's the link ...
http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

message 7: by S.W. (new)

The Golden Scarab (The Quest Series, #1) by S.W. Lothian

The Golden Scarab is on sale on Amazon from now until Christmas.

http://www.amazon.com/Golden-Scarab-Q...

Why not drop by and grab a sale copy?
It costs less than a burger and won't give you heartburn!

Even after the sale, it's still a bargain!

Cheers

message 8: by S.W. (new)

S.W. wrote: "To celebrate the re-launch of The Golden Scarab in paperback, I'm currently running a giveaway here on Goodreads for a paperback copy.

It's a fast and exciting middle grade time-travel adventure t..."

Thanks to everyone (over 700) who entered the giveaway. A winner has been chosen and the book is jetting its way to live in the UK.
Cheers

message 9: by S.W. (new)

To celebrate the launch of The Cursed Nile in paperback, I'm currently running a giveaway here on Goodreads for a paperback copy.

The fast and exciting adventures of JJ, Linc and Rani continue in book 2 of the Quest series. It's a middle grade time-travel adventure that's sure to knock your socks off.

Try putting Percy Jackson, Matthew Reilly, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter in a blender ... you get The Quest Series (The Cursed Nile is every bit as exciting as The Golden Scarab - book 1 of the series).

The Cursed Nile (Quest, #2) by S.W. Lothian by S.W. Lothian

Here's the link ...
http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

Please jump on over and enter the giveaway and add The Cursed Nile to your shelf.

message 10: by S.W. (last edited Mar 15, 2013 10:44PM) (new)

Hi all,

This is just a quick update.

I'm currently finalising the third book of the the Quest series, The Fallen Pharaoh. The release is hopefully only a couple of months away. It's another edge-of-your-seat adventure and I'm confident that fans of the first two books will love it.

If any Goodreads members would like and advance ecopy (once it's ready), in return for a review that can be posted at the time of launch, please forward me a direct message.

Cheers

message 11: by S.W. (last edited Jun 01, 2013 01:30AM) (new)

The Fallen Pharaoh has been released on Amazon (3 cheers)

The Fallen Pharaoh (Quest, #3) by S.W. Lothian The Fallen Pharaoh

June 1st marks a great day for the Quest series. The Fallen Pharaoh (book 3) has left the nest and entered the big wide world.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To celebrate I have a few things happening, which I hope you will feel inspired to check out.

1. The Golden Scarab (Book 1) price has been dropped to $0.99 on Amazon for a limited period. A similar discount applies to non-US sites too.
Click here to jump over for a look.

2. A Goodreads giveaway for a paperback edition of The Fallen Pharaoh is currently underway for those who wish to try their luck.

3. A Rafflecopter giveaway with 2 sets of the Quest series ebooks (The Golden Scarab, The Cursed Nile, The Fallen Pharaoh) is also available to anyone who wants to enter.

I hope that you check out the links above for my awesome offers.

Cheers

message 12: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendyl-p) | 48 comments This all looks very exciting. Will download The Golden Scarab at its bargain price and will definitely enter the Giveaway for The Fallen Pharaoh - I love anything with an Egyptian theme!

message 13: by S.W. (new)

Wendy wrote: "This all looks very exciting. Will download The Golden Scarab at its bargain price and will definitely enter the Giveaway for The Fallen Pharaoh - I love anything with an Egyptian theme!"

That's great Wendy. I hope that you enjoy them.... and good luck in the giveaway :)

message 14: by Jemima (new)

Jemima Pett | 1425 comments Mod
It's definitely awesome - check out my review! :)

message 15: by Wendy (new)

Wendy (wendyl-p) | 48 comments Will do!

message 16: by S.W. (new)

2013 READERS' FAVORITE INTERNATIONAL BOOK AWARDS FINALIST - THE GOLDEN SCARAB

This is just a quick post to share some great news that I received this week about my first book The Golden Scarab. A few months ago I decided to try my luck at entering it into its first book award. Over the following months I didn’t really give it any further thought, until … one morning during the last week.

I’m very pleased to reveal that The Golden Scarab (Quest #1) has made the cut, and has been selected as a finalist in the Readers’ Favorite International Book Awards in the category of Children’s Fantasy/SciFi.

The winners will be announced in September, and an awards ceremony will be held at The Regency Hotel in Miami, Florida, to coincide with Miami Book Fair International. It would be lovely to attend the ceremony, but given that it’s on the other side of the world, I’ll need to experience it from afar.

message 17: by M.G. (new)

M.G. King (mgking) | 728 comments Congrats S.W.! Thanks for sharing the news!

message 18: by S.W. (new)

M.G. wrote: "Congrats S.W.! Thanks for sharing the news!"

Thanks M.G.

message 19: by Serena (new)

Serena Schreiber (serena_schreiber) Congratulations, MG. if you need someone to accept for you, I'm in the area and planning to attend Book Miami. Way to go!

message 20: by S.W. (new)

Serena wrote: "Congratulations, MG. if you need someone to accept for you, I'm in the area and planning to attend Book Miami. Way to go!"

LOL ... I may need someone to slip a small cut-out of me onto a chair with a book, I'll keep you in mind. :)

message 21: by Elle (new)

Elle Jacklee | 19 comments Congratulations S.W.! That is very exciting!

message 22: by Wendy (last edited Jul 07, 2013 12:34PM) (new)

Wendy (wendyl-p) | 48 comments Well done! That's brilliant news!

message 23: by E.S. (new)

E.S. Ivy (esivy) | 133 comments S.W. wrote: "2013 READERS' FAVORITE INTERNATIONAL BOOK AWARDS FINALIST - THE GOLDEN SCARAB

This is just a quick post to share some great news that I received this week about my first book The Golden Scarab. A ..."

Congratulations! That's fantastic!