Undeniable and Undiscovered Thrillers discussion

Authors > Favorite Thriller Authors

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lioness7 (last edited Jun 15, 2012 09:22PM) (new)

Lioness7 | 2 comments I find that my favorite thriller author is James Rollins. I have read everything he has written except for the most recent books. Heck, I own all but the most recent ones. I have to say my favorites were his earlier one though like Subterranean and Excavation.

Other authors that I like to read are Michael Crichton, Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child, and Matt Reilly. Yeah, I know that they are the ones listed in the introduction. I can't help it that they are also my favorites.

I am always interested in other authors in this category. I like the little bit of adventure or the impossible that comes with reading these books. Does anybody else know other authors that write books containing similar subjects? I see that there are several listed in the discussions. Are there ones that aren't listed? I know the next author I am thinking of checking into is Clive Cussler.

I hope to hear from someone soon.

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy Rogers (sciencethriller) If you like high-octane action, try prolific author Jeremy Robinson. For globe-trotting action & thrills with history, try Steve Berry. For action & science, try Paul McEuen's debut novel SPIRAL. I'm a fan of John Case (THE GENESIS CODE, especially). There's "Scotland's Michael Crichton" Ken McClure who has written a series of thrillers starring a British special ops-type science guy (Steven Dunbar). Every thriller fan should read H. Rider Haggard's KING SOLOMON'S MINES (a 19th century masterpiece). And for good measure, I toss in my own science-themed thriller PETROPLAGUE (by Amy Rogers).

Clive Cussler delivers the goods but you might find the male heroes of his books from the 70s a bit chauvinistic by today's standards.

message 3: by John (new)

John Stipa | 9 comments I'd add Andy McDermott to this list.

http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/...

message 4: by James (new)

James (slippinjimmy) I'll second Andy McDermott. His books read like an Indiana Jones movie. Lots of action and adventure. I'm told to look into Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child too, but I haven't read them myself yet.

message 5: by John (new)

John Stipa | 9 comments Try The Codex by Preston, James, I thought it was great.

message 6: by James (new)

James (slippinjimmy) John wrote: "Try The Codex by Preston, James, I thought it was great."

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll check that one out. I just started "AMAZONIA" by Rollins but I'll look into "THE CODEX" next.

message 7: by Lioness7 (new)

Lioness7 | 2 comments Amy thanks for all the ideas. I added quite a few books to my to read list. I also thought your book sounded very interesting. I like any plague books and this one takes the plague idea and applies it to something other than people getting sick. I can't wait to find out what you have written regarding the panic this causes and how it is dealt with.

John, I really liked the Codex. It wasn't my all time favorite but, it was a good read. I am also checking into Andy McDermott. So far, The Hunt for Atlantis sounds really good. Thanks for letting me know about this author.

message 8: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Wallace | 1 comments I'll second the Codex. Also check out Utopia by Child. If you haven't checked out Jack DuBrul's Phillip Mercer books you should give them a look. I even prefer them to Cussler.

message 9: by Bryan (new)

Bryan (yankeehawk) | 2 comments For a fast pace novel try The Temple by Matthew Reilly

message 10: by Bryan (new)

Bryan (yankeehawk) | 2 comments Given your comment about plague books, try Year Zero by Jeff Long, i also enjoyed his book The Decent

message 11: by Vince (new)

Vince Carter | 2 comments There is a new author that I like.

Carter Vance and his book The Return is an action adventure thriller that about the Knights Templar and the Seconding Coming in modern times.

The adventure spans the globe.

The Return

message 12: by Sharan (new)

Sharan (sharanmangalore) Bryan wrote: "For a fast pace novel try The Temple by Matthew Reilly"

I agree.. It is one of the best adventure novel I have read till date, and my most favorite of all time!! Love the Rapa

message 13: by Sharan (new)

Sharan (sharanmangalore) James wrote: "I'll second Andy McDermott. His books read like an Indiana Jones movie. Lots of action and adventure. I'm told to look into Douglas Preston & Lincoln Child too, but I haven't read them myself yet."

Never read his previous novels.. But just couple of weeks back brought 3 of his latest novels...Empire Of Gold..Temple of Gods and return to Atlantis... (These were the only ones available in the store).. Plan to read them soon... Hopefully I do not get confused by any references to his past novels...

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

I like Karin Slaughter, Jeffery Deaver, James Patterson, Richard North Patterson, John Grisham, Douglas Preston, Lincoln Child, Ted Dekker, John Sandford, Linwood Barclay, Tom Savage etc.

Undeniable and Undiscovered Thrillers

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Return (other topics)